to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield 4 reveal confirmed for March 26 event

Your comments on our articles.

EA quits the tease and confirms the order of business for San Fran event

EA will reveal Battlefield 4 at its previously-teased San Francisco press conference on March 26.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Battlefield 4 reveal confirmed for March 26 event

Postby stan-117 » 15 Mar 2013, 20:47

def day 1 for me
stan-117 46

Re: Battlefield 4 reveal confirmed for March 26 event

Postby Byakuya » 15 Mar 2013, 20:55

I will be getting this day one to. Just hope we dont get massive maps of nothingness again and they actually make the competitive side not suck ass so everyone stops playing.
Byakuya 13

Postby FixBeatGames » 15 Mar 2013, 20:56

Byakuya wrote:I will be getting this day one to. Just hope we dont get massive maps of nothingness again and they actually make the competitive side not suck ass so everyone stops playing.

lol, if this if your first thoughts on battlefield 3, why on earth is battlefield 4 a day one purchase? :lol:
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Byakuya » 15 Mar 2013, 21:04

FixBeatGames wrote:
Byakuya wrote:I will be getting this day one to. Just hope we dont get massive maps of nothingness again and they actually make the competitive side not suck ass so everyone stops playing.

lol, if this if your first thoughts on battlefield 3, why on earth is battlefield 4 a day one purchase? :lol:

Im sure it will be good with good maps regardless, just be nice if ALL the maps were good :). Plus i liked to play a lot of 5v5/6v6 inf matches on ESL etc which would be good if they supported it this time round.
Byakuya 13

Postby FlacidDonkeyGuy » 15 Mar 2013, 21:05

Must of played the console version(s), I highly doubt the next gen console versions will support 64 players also, (well maybe if you rent your own EA are cheap like that) my guess is 32 players tops.
FlacidDonkeyGuy 35

Xbox Live: FlacidDonkeyGuy
PSN ID: Raviolay
Steam: Raviolay

Postby Byakuya » 15 Mar 2013, 21:11

FlacidDonkeyGuy wrote:

Must of played the console version(s), I highly doubt the next gen console versions will support 64 players also, (well maybe if you rent your own EA are cheap like that) my guess is 32 players tops.

Nope, i still play on PC :P. FPS on console is LOL.
Byakuya 13

Postby ingy » 15 Mar 2013, 21:18

Please please please bring back the level destruction of bad company 2, and get rid of the COD style gimmicks, especially the lasers and torches, then i'll be a very happy chappy.
ingy 63

Postby richomack360 » 15 Mar 2013, 21:31

Day 1 purchase peeps - you can't be serious right?

Given the botched launch of BF3, with servers unable to cope, and the debacle that was Sim City - what makes you think the day one issues will not affect BF4 considering the massive amount of traffic that will beckon ?

Devil's advocate of course, not meaning to "have a go"
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby Byakuya » 15 Mar 2013, 21:55

richomack360 wrote:Day 1 purchase peeps - you can't be serious right?

Given the botched launch of BF3, with servers unable to cope, and the debacle that was Sim City - what makes you think the day one issues will not affect BF4 considering the massive amount of traffic that will beckon ?

Yes i remember the BF3 launch lol. Still rather have it installed and ready to go as soon as i can and maybe get a couple of games in if that is possible. Going to get it anyway so may as well have it when its out rather than wait a week or whatever.
Byakuya 13

Postby fatgangsta » 15 Mar 2013, 22:27

BF 3 good game but what is BF 4 gunna bring this is EA so something a bit updated and that's it
fatgangsta 38

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 22:52

I heard it's like Battlefield 3 but fourer.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 16 Mar 2013, 00:09

Looking forward to it but I'd like more of the big maps, heavy weapons and lots of vehicles in plentiful supply (negates the arguments of running miles to get back into the scrap) Close quarters was not BF3's strong point imo, and yes the launch needs to be a lot smoother, it is staggering that squads still often do not join a game on the same team :shock:
KK-Headcharge78 61

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Cogglesz » 16 Mar 2013, 02:38

I'm still grinding away at BF3's multiplayer and awaiting the new dlc, i don't hit shooting games every day or even every week, just when i get in the mood for it, after playing the likes of the Arma 1 and 2, Counter strike series and Battlefield series for years on pc has me satisfied/bored of the genre now a days, i'm only like level 47 on BF3 at the moment and i've still got a ton to do, i've got the skill and i'm willing to bet some money i can take most of the players on pc on over here on cvg, although i'd admit right now i'd be dusty as its been a week or two for me, it would be cool to be in a little clan for pc shooters, i've always remained solo and i put alot of time into learning fps's and its really rubbed off on me (for me it was CS that done it, the crazy mod servers that are built to test and improve your skill from deathruns to zombie mods, the realistic recoil & damage made it a hard game to play and i got owned for absolute ages but in good time i became quite the little pro) In BF3 its not all about what level your at and thats what makes a good game for me, i've came first a dozen of times in 64 player servers but it just takes such a time to level up in the game with the hour long matches and to earn things like new weapons its something that i've invested a bit of money into having as well as alot of time and skill, even got that premium so i'd be cheaper on dlc, its still one of the best looking pc games and i feel like BF4 would have had a long way to go until completion, and alot longer to go until i'd feel happy shelling out cash on.

This makes me paranoid in a couple ways, more importantly, how much of this will be new? I'd imagine many resources, textures, guns etc will be simply ported over with the engine bearly having any improvements, if this is the case then i'd happily stick with BF3 for another year and try to actually finish the multiplayer, i'm not a very good support class, its my only real weak point in bf3, just can't seem to get used to the pattern the recoil makes to fight against it for a headshot like the other classes main weapons, BF3 had a terrible release but to be fair its became a beautiful game with hundreds of hours worth of content, with the announcement of BF4 so soon and even beta handouts in previous games already this sort of seems like they're milking the series especially since they've been making a load of dlc on top of this game for BF3 at the same time as making BF4, if however its a true next gen quality title on the pc i think i'd be extremely tempted to go for it soon after release, if it can do everything better than BF3 then i don't see why not but i just don't feel its had the time to settle yet, theres a big war still going on strong in BF3, i'll keep my eyes peeled though, i enjoy the game but i don't think i'll be buying BF4 anytime soon, i'm still casually making my way through BF3.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby Imaduck » 16 Mar 2013, 03:18

3 is still a mess, all that's moved on is that you can now basically buy all the best guns with money, which is horrible. Very unlikely to buy.
Imaduck 58

Postby HelloLadies » 16 Mar 2013, 06:04

richomack360 wrote:Day 1 purchase peeps - you can't be serious right?

Will be intriguing to see if the launch is completely flawless or not. If its not then surely people will draw the line in the sand.
HelloLadies 50

Next