Wii U external hard drive advised for Lego City Undercover

Your comments on our articles.

Open world game is thought to be a hefty 22GB

Nintendo has advised those intended to download Lego City Undercover from the Wii U eShop to use an external storage device.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Willypiggy » 15 Mar 2013, 15:38

I'm sorry but who would this surprise? Newsflash: If you have a 40GB PS3 and want to download 2 25GB games you can't!
Willypiggy 47

Re: Wii U external hard drive advised for Lego City Undercov

Postby Mr Manipulation » 15 Mar 2013, 15:53

Another cheap headline from CVG, intimating that a full game installation is required when in fact its nothing of the sort.
Mr Manipulation 13

Postby stealth » 15 Mar 2013, 15:56

Mr Manipulation wrote:Another cheap headline from CVG, intimating that a full game installation is required when in fact its nothing of the sort.

naw? cvg would do that? :lol:
stealth 47

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 16:04

Mr Manipulation wrote:Another cheap headline from CVG, intimating that a full game installation is required when in fact its nothing of the sort.

Read the full story and not just the headline, if you can.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FixBeatGames » 15 Mar 2013, 16:08

TheLastDodo wrote:

lol spot on.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby stealth » 15 Mar 2013, 16:14

TheLastDodo wrote:

Do I have to? those tend to be worse than the headlines 8)
stealth 47

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 16:21

Cheeky, just you wait, I'm sending that podcast to all CVG's writers, you're in it for now stealthy ;)
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Rob Crossley » 15 Mar 2013, 16:28

Hi everyone,

The whole team at CVG wants you all to be assured that we wouldn't ever mislead you about a story.

If anyone can spot any kind of misrepresentation, falsehood or mistake, please specify it below and we can act on it or explain the situation.

Unfortunately, Mr Manipulation has not made any specific claim so there's nothing we can do. But just to make it clear, we looked through the story again, as well as all the facts, and found no errors or possible misinterpretations.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Rob
Associate Editor, CVG
Opinions above are my own, not employer's.
Rob Crossley
CVG Staff

Postby stealth » 15 Mar 2013, 16:29

TheLastDodo wrote:Cheeky, just you wait, I'm sending that podcast to all CVG's writers, you're in it for now stealthy ;)

I could use more twitter followers, I am a whore for those ;)
stealth 47

Postby Mr Manipulation » 15 Mar 2013, 16:36

Wii U external hard drive advised for downloadable version of Lego City Undercover. Does that look like a more accurate headline? You clearly left the downloadable part out in order to attract more views, you know that as well as I do. And to those saying read the whole article, I did, only had a problem with the headline.
Mr Manipulation 13

Postby Willypiggy » 15 Mar 2013, 16:37

Rob Crossley wrote:Hi everyone,

The whole team at CVG wants you all to be assured that we wouldn't ever mislead you about a story.

If anyone can spot any kind of misrepresentation, falsehood or mistake, please specify it below and we can act on it or explain the situation.

Unfortunately, Mr Manipulation has not made any specific claim so there's nothing we can do. But just to make it clear, we looked through the story again, as well as all the facts, and found no errors or possible misinterpretations.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Rob

Just thought I'd mention that it doesn't state it's digital. Someone could very easily think that unless you have a external hdd you can't play a retail copy from that headline.
Willypiggy 47

Postby Rob Crossley » 15 Mar 2013, 16:40

Oh, I completely see what you're getting at now. I thought that was obvious.

But if you want that in the headline I'll add it in.

Hope that helps.

Rob
Associate Editor, CVG
Rob Crossley
CVG Staff

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 16:40

@Rob

The big bold headline doesn't mention if it's the digital copy of LCU or the install for the physical copy.

I could see how folk that choose not to read the full story and just the big bold headline could be confused, which is why I told em to read the full story.

EDIT: Nevermind.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby richomack360 » 15 Mar 2013, 16:54

TheLastDodo wrote:@Rob

The big bold headline doesn't mention if it's the digital copy of LCU or the install for the physical copy.

I could see how folk that choose not to read the full story and just the big bold headline could be confused, which is why I told em to read the full story.

EDIT: Nevermind.

All those Sun readers must have been up in arms with that headline until the page with the boobies caught their eye.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby Rob Crossley » 15 Mar 2013, 16:58

Done. Headline now specifies downloadable version.

I think it's important to add that we didn't leave out that detail to generate more traffic (personally I still don't think it needs to be in the headline, but there we are). Traffic is nowhere near as closely tied to commercial success than people think. In truth, I couldn't care less about traffic personally. My only genuine goal is to help foster a games website that people really like.

I also understand that people are angry about our Wii U coverage recently. The truth is, when the PS3 first launched, our relations with Sony fans turned very sour in much the same way. It's because we call things straight; we say it like it is. The Wii U isn't successful at the moment much in the same way the PS3 wasn't at first. There's no bias here, we just call it like it is. We know that the most unfair thing we could do to you is sugar-coat a serious problem.

I can also assure you that few are more upset about the Wii U's performance than Nintendo's executives, we have a view to the internal culture at the company and everyone knows that things are very challenging for them.

The moment the console starts doing well, we will continue to call it straight and let you know, much like we have recently with the PS Vita.

Hope that helps,

Rob.
Associate Editor, CVG
Rob Crossley
CVG Staff

Next