to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Saints Row 4 release date revealed as debut trailer emerges

Your comments on our articles.

Deep Silver shows off "climactic chapter" in series; Parades new super-power abilities

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby EvilWaterman » 15 Mar 2013, 14:33

hmmmmmmmmmm
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 53

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Re: Saints Row 4 release date revealed as debut trailer emer

Postby karkify » 15 Mar 2013, 14:40

I rather enjoyed the music there. From the looks of it, it's Saints Row 3.5, so I'll pass.
karkify 50

Postby GlynCR » 15 Mar 2013, 14:40

Im for a better story than saints row the third it was awful but the general idiocy of it kept me plenty entertained

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 56

PSN ID: booshtastic

Postby Willypiggy » 15 Mar 2013, 14:46

Looks more like an expansion pack than a new game. Not sure about this, need more footage.
Willypiggy 47

Postby timtimity » 15 Mar 2013, 14:47

This is a tricky release. I can understand them wanting it out before GTA, but the developers still need enough time without rushing it. I hope it does well but I think it would have done much better if GTA hadn't been delayed.

As it's coming out just before GTA a lot of people will probably wait for that but it's also unfortunate that they can't really delay it a while after GTA because if they did the PS4 would be out and although lots of people will still have PS3s it'll still hurt their sales.

Very unfortunate, but unavoidable timing.
timtimity 29

Postby TheBusterMan » 15 Mar 2013, 14:48

Shoul of just left it at Saints Row 2.
TheBusterMan 47

Postby silent moose » 15 Mar 2013, 14:48

So they took the enter the domintrix dlc and decided to make that into the sequel instead of a proper sequel yh i'm not sure that bodes well with me, paying 40 quid for an expansion pack hopefully it'll be cheaper.
silent moose 43

Postby BenThomasFoster » 15 Mar 2013, 14:50

Violation really have screwed up what saints row could have been as a franchise. I bet deep silver are rushing this out the door to cut its losses. There was almost unanimous agreement that saints row 3 went to silly, they needed to tone it back and well they haven't its no longer saints row at all it should be a new IP and now saints row is finished.

Sleeping dogs is the only real competitor now
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby HarryJack » 15 Mar 2013, 14:52

stop production of this game now. scrap it. start again. make it next gen. it looks awful.
HarryJack 23

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 14:56

silent moose wrote:So they took the enter the domintrix dlc and decided to make that into the sequel instead of a proper sequel yh i'm not sure that bodes well with me, paying 40 quid for an expansion pack hopefully it'll be cheaper.

Yep, this full game was going to be released last year as a 25 quid expansion of sorts.

I expect it's either going to be really short and polished or rough with a lot of padding now.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby HarryJack » 15 Mar 2013, 14:58

In fact, this trailer p**ses me off. Why would anyone make a franchise that was amazing and ruin it! Why dont 'they' listen to the fans and bring it back to the Saints Row 2 days. 3 was good, but it was too short and overly stupid. 4 looks like a wreck, and tbh, i hope it fails, just so then developers and publishers learn a f*cking lesson. Saints Row 4 my arse.
HarryJack 23

Postby FixBeatGames » 15 Mar 2013, 15:00

karkify wrote:I rather enjoyed the music there. From the looks of it, it's Saints Row 3.5, so I'll pass.

it can't be anything other than saints row 3.5, it's had no where near the development time needed to make a full free-roaming sand-box game.

such a shame how things are going with gaming at the moment with things like this. (thanks, activision)
FixBeatGames 41

Postby 4kickin » 15 Mar 2013, 15:03

Eh based on what I've just seen in the video, graphics look the same (don't care about graphics anyway), and the gameplay looks very much like 3. What I've seen mostly was cosmetic, a few new things of clothing here and enlarged objects there. It looks more like a DLC pack. If anything the developers might be trolling us, I'd find it funny as hell if they were. I hope they are.
4kickin 9
New user

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 15:06

This game was originally scheduled to be a big DLC pack.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FixBeatGames » 15 Mar 2013, 15:08

4kickin wrote:Eh based on what I've just seen in the video, graphics look the same (don't care about graphics anyway), and the gameplay looks very much like 3. What I've seen mostly was cosmetic, a few new things of clothing here and enlarged objects there. It looks more like a DLC pack. If anything the developers might be trolling us, I'd find it funny as hell if they were. I hope they are.

i would love it if one of the big devs properly trolls the internet, say, assasins creed 5 and just release loads of fake vids that makes it look terrible/buggy/worse than even the first one, then a month later release actual trailers and go 'HA HA' at the internet divs. :lol:

i actually think it would be a massively successful marketing campaign!
FixBeatGames 41

Next