Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal confirme

Your comments on our articles.

Metal Gear links look even more likely

The clearest evidence yet has linked the mysterious Phantom Pain project to Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear series, via an interview with the game's spokesperson.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal confirme

Postby Drusus » 15 Mar 2013, 11:15

Well it is a game from Konami and it looked super fun but if this is the future of Kojima's advertising teasers then we're all in trouble because it's insanely annoying and stupendously long winded..... oh just like Metal Gear cutscenes.
User avatar
Drusus 59
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 16:12
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby NEO_SUPERMAN » 15 Mar 2013, 11:24

Please be better than the turd of a game that was MGS4.

Fingers crossed.
SIG REMOVED
My posts make mods eyes BLEED!!
User avatar
NEO_SUPERMAN 44
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:15
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 15 Mar 2013, 11:35

It's been barely three months since they started their Phantom Pain teasing, I would hardly call that "stupendously long winded". Half-Life Episode 3, Duke Nuke Forever, Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy... now that's long-winded :wink:

That Geoff Keighley Q&A was weird, but I like the fact that they stuck with Joakim Mogren all the way, complete with bandages. The GDC reveal is gonna be one hell of a payoff :D
Stan_Goodspeed 62
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 20:33
Location: France
Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby laslowoodbine » 15 Mar 2013, 11:38

NEO_SUPERMAN wrote:Please be better than the turd of a game that was MGS4.

Fingers crossed.


Says you!

I loved MGS4, best game this generation in my opinion. I must've completed it six or seven times over and I'm sure I'll play it through countless more times too.

Everyone has their own view though.
laslowoodbine 51
 
Posts: 665
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 14:33
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby StonecoldMC » 15 Mar 2013, 11:40

Anyone else heard the Cliffy B rumours?

Now that would be amazing, just to see the tinterwebs reaction :lol: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
User avatar
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14318
Joined: 14 May 2007, 20:47
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby budge » 15 Mar 2013, 12:16

StonecoldMC wrote:Anyone else heard the Cliffy B rumours?

Now that would be amazing, just to see the tinterwebs reaction :lol: .


Spill it, Stone, what rumours?
Los Rojiblancos
User avatar
budge 67
 
Posts: 4458
Joined: 18 Mar 2008, 10:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby S-Smith » 15 Mar 2013, 12:20

Shame it's not PS3 or PS4 only :( Why bother making it for the xBox?(MGR:R hardly sold on the Xbox 360) MGS4 was amazing & it was amazing mainly because Kojima could use PS3's power at the time & not worry about trying to get it on the Xbox 360 to. Oh well.
S-Smith 41
 
Posts: 596
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:33
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby ChrisTypeR » 15 Mar 2013, 12:33

NEO_SUPERMAN wrote:Please be better than the turd of a game that was MGS4.

Fingers crossed.


Clearly and Xbox owner
ChrisTypeR 37
 
Posts: 267
Joined: 12 Jan 2011, 15:00
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby Stryker89 » 15 Mar 2013, 13:00

Drusus wrote:Well it is a game from Konami and it looked super fun but if this is the future of Kojima's advertising teasers then we're all in trouble because it's insanely annoying and stupendously long winded..... oh just like Metal Gear cutscenes.


I disagree. I'm having fun reading about these teasers and clues. I'd much rather be introduced to a new game in this sort of manner as opposed to the conveyor belt marketing employed by Ubisoft, Activision etc etc... Kojima's having a bit of fun, and I think it's great.
User avatar
Stryker89 61
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: 30 Jun 2010, 17:30
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby metallicorphan » 15 Mar 2013, 13:03

NEO_SUPERMAN wrote:Please be better than the turd of a game that was MGS4.

Fingers crossed.



I loved MGS4,I had to,i paid £425+£39.99 to play that sucker :P

seriously though,i enjoyed it a lot
Image
User avatar
metallicorphan 60
 
Posts: 3577
Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 07:54
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby shev » 15 Mar 2013, 15:07

The man seen in the interview was not real. He was CG.

Image

More theories and discussion at neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524364
shev 46
 
Posts: 213
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 19:56
Location: Sweden

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby BlueScorpion91 » 15 Mar 2013, 22:32

shev wrote:The man seen in the interview was not real. He was CG.

Image

More theories and discussion at neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524364

There's rumours that it's Cliffy B.
Image
Image
Cheeky & Geeky since 1991 | 3DS Mii code: 2766-8673-8011(Ammy). PM me if you add me and I'll add you back. | Twitter: @BlueScorpion91
User avatar
BlueScorpion91 42
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 23:03
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: bluscorp91
Wii Code: 3DS 2766 8673 8011
Steam: psn_bluscorp91

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby Lt Fatman » 16 Mar 2013, 13:20

These teasers are great fun, I love Kojima's wacky sense of humour, I think it's fair to say he's the guy that's behind it all. Nice to see someone teasing a game in such an unusual and amusing way.
Lt Fatman 25
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 20:34

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby tanukilou » 16 Mar 2013, 19:47

shev wrote:The man seen in the interview was not real. He was CG.

Image

More theories and discussion at neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524364


Some people are suggesting that others joking about it. It would make sense why they've used ban adages to cover up his hair if that is the case. They still can't do hair completely realistically yet.

Another theory suggests that the guy interviewing him is actually Kojima with his face altered using the FOX engine.
User avatar
tanukilou 48
 
Posts: 685
Joined: 13 Oct 2012, 05:10
Location: United States

Re: Phantom Pain evidence grows: Fox Engine, GDC reveal conf

Postby tanukilou » 16 Mar 2013, 19:52

There's a chap on Destructoids comments who thinks he's soved the Moby Dick link:

"Blood-Pudding:

I figured out why it's called Moby Dick Studios!

Moby Dick was written by Melville. Filmmaker Jean-Pierre Melville took that author's name because he was a fan of Melville and Moby Dick. Jean-Pierre Melville's second film?

Les Enfants Terribles!"
User avatar
tanukilou 48
 
Posts: 685
Joined: 13 Oct 2012, 05:10
Location: United States

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]