Dragon's Dogma DLC: Dark Arisen 'Sorcerer' trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Check out the Wizard class in action

Capcom has released a new trailer for Dragon's Dogma DLC expansion Dark Arisen.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby JDB » 13 Mar 2013, 18:31

Something to look forward too.
JDB 1

Postby leprechaun75 » 13 Mar 2013, 18:33

I can't recommend this game highly enough. brilliant stuff. try it If you haven't played the original- you'll be getting a bargain
leprechaun75 41

Re: Dragon's Dogma DLC: Dark Arisen 'Sorcerer' trailer

Postby flyfletch » 13 Mar 2013, 18:52

Am i reading this right, does it include the full game?
flyfletch 72

Postby leprechaun75 » 13 Mar 2013, 19:06

flyfletch wrote:Am i reading this right, does it include the full game?

yes, it's the full game plus the expansion
leprechaun75 41

Postby SavageEvil » 13 Mar 2013, 20:36

Been waiting for this thing for months, was impatient and got Borderlands 2 great game but needed more hit detection issues sorted out and characters clipping into the environment but it's a blast to play with a buddy online. Two very good games I am indulging in along with BF3. I can't wait to see the sequel to Dragon's Dogma on a system with RAM to hold massive worlds and dungeons, hope capcom doesn't screw this up somehow.
SavageEvil 51

Postby Xbox Jayne » 14 Mar 2013, 05:09

This is such a fantastic game I struggle to put it down, unfortunately a slight mistake whilst starting a new game wiped my lvl 116 character, I had an old cloud save that brought me back to lvl 50 but i've lost loads!!
Capcom, if you read this then please make sure a sequel lets you create more than one save slot
Xbox Jayne 13

Postby SavageEvil » 14 Mar 2013, 05:46

Xbox Jayne wrote:...
Capcom, if you read this then please make sure a sequel lets you create more than one save slot

This is crucial so you can avoid the pain on one character messed up save, lost game pain in the ass.
SavageEvil 51

Postby budge » 14 Mar 2013, 09:45

They should record your last 3 autosaves like in Skyrim. That got me out of those infamous buggy situations a few times.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby mattdark » 14 Mar 2013, 10:39

leprechaun75 wrote:I can't recommend this game highly enough. brilliant stuff. try it If you haven't played the original- you'll be getting a bargain

Definately. I'm slightly miffed that they are re-releasing the game with the DLC added in, but it looks like it will be cheaper to trade in the original towards the re-release than buying the DLC online.
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 54

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby Xbox Jayne » 14 Mar 2013, 10:42

SavageEvil wrote:
Xbox Jayne wrote:...

This is crucial so you can avoid the pain on one character messed up save, lost game pain in the ass.

Even though I love this game I did lose interest for a while due to losing this save, now I have to grind away to bring all of my classes up to max level, it's damn frustrating
Xbox Jayne 13

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Mar 2013, 10:47

mattdark wrote:
leprechaun75 wrote:I can't recommend this game highly enough. brilliant stuff. try it If you haven't played the original- you'll be getting a bargain

Definately. I'm slightly miffed that they are re-releasing the game with the DLC added in, but it looks like it will be cheaper to trade in the original towards the re-release than buying the DLC online.

I believe they said because they programmed the game in such a way (badly I guess) that they couldn't add and dlc to it via download so they have to release the whole thing again. Sounds like rubbish to me especially after I had just bought it but I managed to trade it in for 3-4 quid more than it cost me so ordered this version.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby leprechaun75 » 14 Mar 2013, 12:14

Capcom freely admitted that they made plenty of mistakes and since this is their first real foray into the RPG realm, they did a great job as far as I'm concerned. the limits of the one slot save forces you to save often and save carefully. the future looks bright for Dragons Dogma. think of the differences between Oblivion and Skyrim , they were like night and day.
Dragons dogma 2 or 3 or whichever comes out on PS4 should be brilliant. you and 3 of your mates instead of pawns -that's a win-win
leprechaun75 41

Postby JDB » 14 Mar 2013, 20:44

Just so its out there. You get an XP bonus for soloing it without your pawns. Main pawn gets bonus XP to catch up when in party. You will need to throw your main pawn off a cliff, wait for it to fall in battle or feed it to the fishes to dismiss it tho.
Also, stat increases for player and pawn depend on class at time of level up.
Thoroughly recomend trying to solo the whole game.
JDB 1