to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hardware review: Can Razer's StarCraft peripherals cut it?

Your comments on our articles.

Marauder keyboard and Spectre mouse target Blizzard's hardcore

For a keyboard pitched at the StarCraft 2 crowd Razer's Marauder (around £70) is surprisingly simple in its design. Whereas most gamer oriented keyboards are oversized beasts dotted with all manner of buttons, dials and switches for better micromanaging, the Marauder adopts a compact, minimalist frame.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hardware review: Can Razer's StarCraft peripherals cut it?

Postby LordVonPS3 » 08 Mar 2013, 20:03

Looks like a US keyb to me.
LordVonPS3 56

Re: Hardware review: Can Razer's StarCraft peripherals cut i

Postby Skullet » 09 Mar 2013, 05:38

If it's anything like the Razor gear I've owned over the years then it'll probably break after a few weeks of disappointment and trying to convince yourself that it really is better than your old mouse/keyboard and it was definitely worth the extra money.
Skullet 59

Postby Down with robots » 09 Mar 2013, 15:54

Strikes me that there are a lot of gullible people with more money than sense.
Down with robots 51

Postby sonic_uk » 11 Mar 2013, 14:18

I've never understood the appeal of Razer stuff or other stuff like it. Take this item for example. Unless I'm missing something it just seems like an incredibly overpriced keyboard to me and as the review states if you turn off the lighting that's essentially what it is, albeit an uncomfortable one. It isn't even wireless and for £70 (when I can get a decent Wifi keyboard for £20) frankly I'd expect it to be able to make my toast in the morning or something.
Own...Xbox360(Slim), Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, Xbox360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 53