Take-Two: a new GTA every two years would 'degrade the franc

Your comments on our articles.

Each new installment must offer something new

Releasing a new Grand Theft Auto game every two years would degrade the franchise, according to a Take-Two Interactive executive.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 08 Mar 2013, 05:30

Good to hear, I'm so glad that Take Two refused to sell this franchise to EA in the past. Lord knows what would happen to GTA if they didn't.
1Nightmare1 52

Postby HelloLadies » 08 Mar 2013, 05:39

Whats up Ubisoft, EA and Activision?
HelloLadies 53

Re: Take-Two: a new GTA every two years would 'degrade the f

Postby Fr33Kye » 08 Mar 2013, 06:11

Shading ubisoft activision and EA. Shoutsout Assassin's creed what's good? How you feeling ubisoft? lmao i need to go to sleep. Goodnight/goodmorning everyone.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby flyfletch » 08 Mar 2013, 07:04

Just a pity a lot of other publishers didnt have this attitude.
flyfletch 72

Postby 360_Fan » 08 Mar 2013, 08:48

I love the grand theft auto games, but from 1997, including the expansions and # 5 this year, I count 15 games accross all platforms. That is not counting the recent re - releases on ios.

We might have waited a while since the last expansion, and we are all eager to get the next one, but I don't thing they should be acting like they are better than everyone else just yet.
360_Fan 62

Postby kiddoblivion » 08 Mar 2013, 08:54

Did you hear that people who churn out Assassin's Creed games, huh did you?
kiddoblivion 41

Postby FixBeatGames » 08 Mar 2013, 08:59

Alaann wrote:I think he is being ridiculous the last gta came out 5 years ago,the current managment in take two need too be fired,everyone off there francises has not seen a sequel in the longest gen in gaming history.

play cod, assasins creed or fifa to realize you're totally wrong.

i for one, am glad their not on annual GTA 53 already, which is exactly the same as 4 but with "new maps". :roll:
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Skullet » 08 Mar 2013, 09:11

Alaann wrote:I think he is being ridiculous the last gta came out 5 years ago,the current managment in take two need too be fired,everyone off there francises has not seen a sequel in the longest gen in gaming history.

People who can't use punctuation properly should be fired.
Skullet 62

Postby impaler8889919 » 08 Mar 2013, 10:49

I for one think its a Joke how it has taken 5 years to release a new one considering how poor GTA4 was I actually still think that it was a step forward in graphics but a step back compared to the previous games! and then they put the game back to September when it was touted to be released for march, But now with the next gen consoles out I would rather them just concentrate on making it to the capability's of the new consoles and make sure the game is ready for the release of the new consoles if they want to make some serious money! And I dont know what anybody else feels about this but I am all for an online Zombie DLC I think that would work really well... Thoughts people
impaler8889919 11
New user

Postby Skullet » 08 Mar 2013, 11:17

impaler8889919 wrote:I for one think its a Joke how it has taken 5 years to release a new one considering how poor GTA4 was I actually still think that it was a step forward in graphics but a step back compared to the previous games! and then they put the game back to September when it was touted to be released for march, But now with the next gen consoles out I would rather them just concentrate on making it to the capability's of the new consoles and make sure the game is ready for the release of the new consoles if they want to make some serious money! And I dont know what anybody else feels about this but I am all for an online Zombie DLC I think that would work really well... Thoughts people

So you thought GTA4 was poor but still want Rockstar to rush GTA5? Isn't that exactly how poor games are made? Also worth considering that if Rockstar want to make loads of money then they'd do exactly what they are doing and release it at the end of the current gen when the console install base is at it's largest, releasing on next gen consoles with a tiny user base is not a great way to make money.

Also a huge no for the zombie thing, it was fun back in the day when they first started chucking zombies in games but it quickly became boring, game devs need to move on and give us something new instead of the same old rinse and repeat add zombies that we have now.
Skullet 62

Postby impaler8889919 » 08 Mar 2013, 11:33

Skullet wrote:
impaler8889919 wrote:I for one think its a Joke how it has taken 5 years to release a new one considering how poor GTA4 was I actually still think that it was a step forward in graphics but a step back compared to the previous games! and then they put the game back to September when it was touted to be released for march, But now with the next gen consoles out I would rather them just concentrate on making it to the capability's of the new consoles and make sure the game is ready for the release of the new consoles if they want to make some serious money! And I dont know what anybody else feels about this but I am all for an online Zombie DLC I think that would work really well... Thoughts people

So you thought GTA4 was poor but still want Rockstar to rush GTA5? Isn't that exactly how poor games are made? Also worth considering that if Rockstar want to make loads of money then they'd do exactly what they are doing and release it at the end of the current gen when the console install base is at it's largest, releasing on next gen consoles with a tiny user base is not a great way to make money.

Also a huge no for the zombie thing, it was fun back in the day when they first started chucking zombies in games but it quickly became boring, game devs need to move on and give us something new instead of the same old rinse and repeat add zombies that we have now.

Yeah your right in what your saying and it is contradicting myself but let me explain what I meant, I mean the that with my last opinion on the GTA series was damaged by a few things driving wasn't the best and other things like more interaction with your character, online could of been a better, just minor things also I didn't really take to the main games character niko,

But I am excited for the new one and it will be worth the wait I am a big fan of online if they nail that as good as they do the single player should be a classic! bring back turf wars like on san andreas that was good!

Fair comment on the zombies but I think that it could be interested to see what they could do with it! anything you want to see in the game that they haven't done before?
impaler8889919 11
New user

Postby StonecoldMC » 08 Mar 2013, 11:41

Alaann wrote:

they took 4 years to make gta 4 and it is regarded as the worst one,the amount of time it takes to make a game does not make one bit of difference if it is going to be good or bad with a decent sized team they could get one out every year or two and zombies are good but id like them to do a dinousour dlc aswell.

Its one of the biggest selling and highest rated games this Gen!

Add in The Lost And The Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony which with any other Publisher would have been standalone full price games then I would say they have been pretty busy and productive.

Take Two and R* North for the f**king Win :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Chris_Shanahan87 » 08 Mar 2013, 11:57

hmmmm, given the amount of competition they have now in the open-world genre it's going to be interesting to see how GTA stacks up. They were largely unchallenged up until recently and open world games are going to dominate the next-generation like FPS dominated this one.

It will be interesting to see if Rockstar are still ahead of the curve. From what I have seen of GTA V i'm not so sure.
Chris_Shanahan87 47

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 12:10

Alaann wrote:it might off sold well and it is a good game in its own right but when its put up against the other gta,s it is the worst one,and 2 dlcs in 5 years is not being busy and productive its negligence.take two and rockstar are a great company they just need to release alot more games.I dont understand why they are strugling so much this gen to release games last gen we got a gta every 2 years and they were/are great games.I just done a quick google rockstar has 8 games studios how many games have they relesed this gen,gta 4,red dead,max payne 3,midnight club and they helped finish la noire they have more games studios than they have released games accross an entire gen,and when I say I want the managment fired im not talking about the houser brothers just the managment at take two

Try to stop sounding quite so entitled, it's not negligence you over dramatic man-fool.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 08 Mar 2013, 12:52

As usual people conveniently forget about the obvious differences between games so they can wheel out the usual boring s**t about the release shcedules of certain games. GTA is not and never has been a pick up and play game, it is a sprawling open world adventure, rich in detail, side quests, characters etc that requires an immense amount of time to explore let alone complete so why the f**k would it ever be a regular release? Don't confuse it with more linear games that rely highly on a replayable multiplayer the unqiue longevity of which is never going to match Red Dead, GTA, Skyrim and so on.

All games are not the same, even if it suits idiots to suggest they are......

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Next