CVG LivePlay: Watch our epic Mario Kart tournament from 6pm

Your comments on our articles.

4 players, 32 tracks, 1 winner...

Lunchtime Mario Kart has been a CVG tradition for years. Staff members have come and gone, but that midday window has continued to remain a time for green shells, sharp drifting and loud swearing.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

CVG LivePlay: Watch our epic Mario Kart tournament from 6pm

Postby ensabahnur » 07 Mar 2013, 13:52

Meh, if it were any of the previous Mazza Karts i'd be interested but the Wii version just didn't grab me like the others. Maybe omitting multiplayer championships was to blame, i used to love playing through all the CC's with friends using some as defenders so the person out in front was shielded from the cheating cpu.

And surely if its the Wii version they could have played 8-12 player on a network.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: CVG LivePlay: Watch our epic Mario Kart tournament from

Postby Balladeer » 07 Mar 2013, 14:05

The problem for me with MKWii is the frame rate. It's noticeably slower in four-player than in one. Anyway, Double Dash!! next month? It'll annoy the "Mario Kart purists" if nothing else. :mrgreen:
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby Chris Scullion » 07 Mar 2013, 14:10

ensabahnur wrote:Meh, if it were any of the previous Mazza Karts i'd be interested but the Wii version just didn't grab me like the others. Maybe omitting multiplayer championships was to blame, i used to love playing through all the CC's with friends using some as defenders so the person out in front was shielded from the cheating cpu.

And surely if its the Wii version they could have played 8-12 player on a network.

Though there's no outright multiplayer GP option, you can still sort of do it using the game's Rules setting - that's what we're doing tonight, a 32-track championship with a full GP-style points system.
Chris Scullion
CVG Staff

Xbox Live: Scully1888
PSN ID: Scully1888

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 14:34

Get the Snes version going, that was a real mans game.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Kinslowdian » 07 Mar 2013, 15:02

I've lost count how many times a blue shell has cost me a near perfect victory...
Kinslowdian 37

Postby ensabahnur » 07 Mar 2013, 15:23

Balladeer wrote:The problem for me with MKWii is the frame rate. It's noticeably slower in four-player than in one. Anyway, Double Dash!! next month? It'll annoy the "Mario Kart purists" if nothing else. :mrgreen:
Loved Double Dash on the GC, for me it was the last great Mazza Kart game. It tried something different rather than just mixing in new tracks and weapons.

Chris Scullion wrote:Though there's no outright multiplayer GP option, you can still sort of do it using the game's Rules setting - that's what we're doing tonight, a 32-track championship with a full GP-style points system.
Yeah but it still wasn't the actual Main Championship, it was great in all previous MK games to be able to go through it all and unlock the further Cups and CC's by playing the main game multiplayer. Its omission from MKWii diminished the game for me and my mates who'd went through every single previous Mk game with me. To unlock everything in the game i had to play it all single player whereas i'd done it multiplayer in all previous games. It was a bit of a step back.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby justforkicks101 » 07 Mar 2013, 15:34

im really looking forward to this, just popping out for cheese puffs and pop. see you at six. :D
Im Playing tons of Planetside 2 with
Rock Planet Shotgun, on Miller, Join us.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RockPlanetShotgun
justforkicks101 65

Xbox Live: jfk101
PSN ID: jfk101
Steam: jfk101
xFire: justforkicks101

Postby MrPirtniw » 08 Mar 2013, 14:19

You should play PowerStone 1 or 2 next! You know you want to!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw