to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Aerosmith, 50 Cent and other surprising musician game tie-in

Your comments on our articles.

Word that Snoop Dogg will star in his own video game is odd - but by no means unique - news.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Aerosmith, 50 Cent and other surprising musician game tie-in

Postby JD_Method » 06 Mar 2013, 18:35

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand began life as a serious military shooter based on Robert Ludlum's Covert One novels, but after the TV series didn't do too well, the publisher got cold feet.

"The TV show didn't do the numbers, so we don't want to release a game based on the Covert One license," they said.

"We've had another idea though - how do you fancy putting 50 Cent in your game?"

True story.
JD_Method 58

Re: Aerosmith, 50 Cent and other surprising musician game ti

Postby higgins78 » 06 Mar 2013, 19:46

During the days of Sega vs Nintendo I always fell on the side of Nintendo...possibly because (besides my ZX Spectrum and Amiga 500) it was the first console I was ever bought, the SNES, and packaged with Super Mario World I never looked back. However, I remember playing Moonwalker on a friends Megadrive at the time of release and being totally caught up in the action/music...a true musician game tie-in.
higgins78 41

Postby mham96 » 06 Mar 2013, 19:57

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand began life as a serious military shooter based on Robert Ludlum's Covert One novels, but after the TV series didn't do too well, the publisher got cold feet.

"The TV show didn't do the numbers, so we don't want to release a game based on the Covert One license," they said.

"We've had another idea though - how do you fancy putting 50 Cent in your game?"

True story.

i know it is a true story but can you imagine the original game before 50 cent were involved.it was going to be another generic military brown game that was going to flop but instead we had a decent game with 50 cent that selled a lot of copys so it is a good thing
but for me the best game is moonwalker damn that game was good or at least i remember it was good :D :D
mham96 27

Postby toaplan » 06 Mar 2013, 22:50

Both the arcade and the Mega Drive versions of Moonwalker were really good, both made by Sega 8) . The arcade version is a more straightforward action/beat'em-up game, but plays and controls better than the quirkier Mega Drive game. Music and visuals for the time were fantastic in both games. I was disappointed that the arcade game was never ported to home formats, but at least nowadays it can be played on Mame.

toaplan 74

Postby Paul_Boland2 » 07 Mar 2013, 02:15

OMG!! Frankie Goes To Hollywood!! There's a blast from the past!!
Paul_Boland2 49

Postby paperywhiteboy » 07 Mar 2013, 11:20

I used to play Frankie Goes to Hollywood over at my cousin's house on his C64 when I was 6. Confused the hell out of me - I could never seem to get him to Hollywood.
paperywhiteboy 53

PSN ID: PETRIMOV