Ubisoft exec would welcome Wii U price cut

Your comments on our articles.

EMEA director thinks console "will find its public at some point"

Ubisoft's executive director for EMEA territories, Alain Corre, has said the publisher would welcome a Wii U price cut.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby mrlister » 06 Mar 2013, 14:19

Shame Nintendo couldn't have some proper games for launch this time. NSMBWU just doesn't do it for me, although I'll pick it up when I eventually get a Wii U it's not a system seller. There are no system sellers! Saying that, I've told myself that if I'm a good boy and finish off some off my pile of shame I can have the Monster Hunter bundle when that comes out in a few weeks.
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii

Postby DiamondDogs » 06 Mar 2013, 14:21

As a Wii U owner I completely agree. A price cut alongside some great first & third party game releases this year, the sales will no doubt pick up. Regardless if the 720 or PS4 are released this year. But competition is good. Can't wait to see what Nintendo offer at E3. :D
DiamondDogs 61

Re: Ubisoft exec would welcome Wii U price cut

Postby taternuggets » 06 Mar 2013, 14:44

Nintendo needs to sell a lot of these consoles before PS4 and Xbox launch. The system will largely be forgotten in this upcoming slugfest. I'm sure exclusive AAA title releases will bring some of the faithful back into the fold, but I don't think it will bring in any new blood. Also, I've never seen so many game developers dismiss a console like they have the wii u. Personally, I think this is the end of Nintendo hardware. I'd be happy to be wrong.
taternuggets 37

Postby Bambis Dad » 06 Mar 2013, 15:01

@ Chattienuggets, why eactly would the Wii U need to sell more before the PS4 and 720 are released? As long as it makes sustained sales throughout its life time it will do well enough. When the 720 and PS4 turn up they'll have a built up library which the competition won't. Conservative estimates say there will be one or two new games before 2014, though Pikmin three will still be on hold.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Stryker89 » 06 Mar 2013, 15:02

Wii U sales will explode when the inevitable new 3D Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros are released, along with whatever project Retro Studios is working on. They'll have to cut the price soon though, it's far too much for me right now.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Bambis Dad » 06 Mar 2013, 15:08

Stryker89 wrote:Wii U sales will explode when the inevitable new 3D Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros are released, along with whatever project Retro Studios is working on. They'll have to cut the price soon though, it's far too much for me right now.

Hold your horses there sheriff, why gave away the game plan for the next three and a half years? Join us in three and a half years to see why Pikmin 3 hasn't yet been released though Pikmin 4 has been out for three years. This post was brought to you by CnVG Waffle sponsored by DDDR 5 Ram.

Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby cult » 06 Mar 2013, 16:34

What would have been nice is some loyalty from ubisoft.
Nintendo name checked ubi and rayman for the best part of two years only to get dropped a month before its systems exclusive didn't launch.
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 63

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Postby mrlister » 06 Mar 2013, 16:44

Even if sales don't pick up and third parties don't jump on board, at the very least we'll have what amounts to an HD Gamecube, which was worth owning for the first party games alone.
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii

Postby Rooksley » 06 Mar 2013, 17:34

I just cannot justify the £300 price tag for what is basically a average power machine with a very expensive controller. I love Nintendo and have been loyal since the NES, but for the first time ever I have held off buying there new console due to value for money. I'm sure Nintendo feel what they have achieved is worth the cash but to us out in the real world it seems expensive. If it wasn't for MH3U I would not be buying one. Give me a Wii U premium and a copy of MH3U and a pro pad for £275 and I would be happy to part with my cash.
Rooksley 13
New user

Postby stealth » 06 Mar 2013, 17:44

Stryker89 wrote:Wii U sales will explode when the inevitable new 3D Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros are released, along with whatever project Retro Studios is working on. They'll have to cut the price soon though, it's far too much for me right now.

holiday
stealth 47

Postby Balladeer » 06 Mar 2013, 19:51

We'd welcome Rayman Legends released... well, now actually, thanks very much. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.
Balladeer 78

Postby SirDjs » 06 Mar 2013, 22:14

if they released rayman legends NOW over 3 million ppl will buy it becouse wii u owners are "hungry" for games and will buy it .. so how is 3 million a bad sale for one game ? the morons at ubisoft needs to get their head out of their as and see that. when they will release it later there will be way more games for the wii u and ppl will have more games to pick from and could pick other games instead of rayman legens and maby sell 1,5 million instead of 3 ... soo easy
SirDjs 1
New user

Postby liveswired » 07 Mar 2013, 23:43

cult wrote:What would have been nice is some loyalty from ubisoft.
Nintendo name checked ubi and rayman for the best part of two years only to get dropped a month before its systems exclusive didn't launch.

Nintendo screwed 3rd parties over for the best part of 25 years - why would they start showing Nintendo loyalty now?
^_* ^_^
liveswired 52

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired