Creative Assembly's Alien: Leaked image points to original m

Your comments on our articles.

Blurry photo shows a crash test dummy wearing Nostromo clothing

The Creative Assembly has seemingly provided the first look at its secretive Alien game via a since-edited background image on its Twitter page.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Creative Assembly's Alien: Leaked image points to original m

Postby Ali_ » 04 Mar 2013, 13:45

Are Alien fans to prepare for more disappointment after Colonial Marines?
Ali_ 58

Re: Creative Assembly's Alien: Leaked image points to origin

Postby zinaptik » 04 Mar 2013, 14:07

I give up on this franchise in terms of games theirs only so many times I can be punched in the face, as george bush says

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
zinaptik 47

Postby HarshLanguage » 04 Mar 2013, 14:13

No.

Just No.

Oh, Creative Assembly!. So what, NO!

Sega can stick that Alien license up there backside at this stage. How dare they even hint at a new Aliens game without so much as an apology or explanation for ACM.

Simple Equation:
Sega + Alien License = Failed game
HarshLanguage 11

Postby mayhemdude » 04 Mar 2013, 14:23

HarshLanguage wrote:No.

Just No.

Oh, Creative Assembly!. So what, NO!

Sega can stick that Alien license up there backside at this stage. How dare they even hint at a new Aliens game without so much as an apology or explanation for ACM.

Simple Equation:
Sega + Alien License = Failed game

agreed, enough is enough with aliens and sega.
mayhemdude 52

Steam: mayhemdude441

Postby cupoftea » 04 Mar 2013, 14:32

Was the resent aliens game that bad i havent picked up due to bad reveiws it cant be that bad surly
cupoftea 36

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 04 Mar 2013, 14:33

The last Alien game I owned was Alien 3 on Megadrive, and it was awesome, so I'm not as jaded as those who paid £40 for Colonial Marines (still, I tried the PS3 version for 20 minutes and didn't think it was that bad).

I don't know what Creative Assembly is capable of, but a potential survival horror set either during the first film's events or between the first and second film sounds good - on paper at least.
Stan_Goodspeed 61

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby zinaptik » 04 Mar 2013, 14:45

cupoftea wrote:Was the resent aliens game that bad i havent picked up due to bad reveiws it cant be that bad surly

as an aliens fan it was fun in 4 player co-op quoting the movie and finding legendary weapons, but as a demanding gamer it was garbage, im not a graphics over gameplayer but they really were last gen, bug ridden and messy, considering they had ridley scott's involvement the story went no where and was crap. the last boss was ridiculous we had more fun firing each other out of the ship then the boss. as soon as I finished the campaign and a few games of multiplayer it went right into my games box never to be seen again. i enjoyed duke nukem more and that's saying something.
zinaptik 47

Postby Drusus » 04 Mar 2013, 14:51

Ali_ wrote:Are Alien fans to prepare for more disappointment after Colonial Marines?

I'm an Alien fan, I'm not sure why I should be disappointed about a poor action game made in the image of a grainy action movie.

What has that game got to do with Ridley Scott's masterpiece Alien?
Drusus 59

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 04 Mar 2013, 15:26

Drusus wrote:
Ali_ wrote:Are Alien fans to prepare for more disappointment after Colonial Marines?

I'm an Alien fan, I'm not sure why I should be disappointed about a poor action game made in the image of a grainy action movie.

What has that game got to do with Ridley Scott's masterpiece Alien?

A "grainy action movie"? Weigh your words befor thou speak ill of Iron Jim! :wink:
Stan_Goodspeed 61

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby starvinbull » 04 Mar 2013, 15:49

Stan_Goodspeed wrote:The last Alien game I owned was Alien 3 on Megadrive, and it was awesome, so I'm not as jaded as those who paid £40 for Colonial Marines (still, I tried the PS3 version for 20 minutes and didn't think it was that bad).

I don't know what Creative Assembly is capable of, but a potential survival horror set either during the first film's events or between the first and second film sounds good - on paper at least.

Alien Ressurection on the PS1 was and still is the best Alien game out there. I suggest all the people whining about how the Alien franchise has no decent titles try it out again.
starvinbull 59

Postby c97dem » 04 Mar 2013, 15:58

cupoftea wrote:Was the resent aliens game that bad i havent picked up due to bad reveiws it cant be that bad surly

It was worse than Duke Nukem Forever! Funnily enough, same effing company!

Just a shoddy mess, low res almost PS2/Xbox graphics, truly awful story that made fans of the movie series go "WTF!!!!" at the big "twist" near the end....

Am a huge Alien fan and Colonial Marines was one of the worst games I have ever played let alone licensed games. I spent £60 on the collectors edition with the statue, that was traded in for £35 at the weekend!
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby HarshLanguage » 04 Mar 2013, 16:28

starvinbull wrote:
Stan_Goodspeed wrote:The last Alien game I owned was Alien 3 on Megadrive, and it was awesome, so I'm not as jaded as those who paid £40 for Colonial Marines (still, I tried the PS3 version for 20 minutes and didn't think it was that bad).

I don't know what Creative Assembly is capable of, but a potential survival horror set either during the first film's events or between the first and second film sounds good - on paper at thin least.

Alien Ressurection on the PS1 was and still is the best Alien game out there. I suggest all the people whining about how the Alien franchise has no decent titles try it out again.

There's 40+ Alien related games released since '82. My personal favs...

Alien 3 (SNES)
Alien 3 The Gun (Arcade)
AVP (Arcade)
AVP (PC)
Alien Trilogy (PSX)

Nothing even remotely decent has come out of the franchise since AVP2 on PC way back in 2001.

:evil: Just let it die already Sega! :evil:
HarshLanguage 11

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 04 Mar 2013, 16:51

Sorry but im simply not falling for this again. I dont blame SEGA for colonial marines, for that I lay the blame solely at Gearbox & Randy Pitchford's door. That said, Ive lost all hope in the Aliens series ever being more than a massive disappointment. Count me out, no more heartbreak, no more pain. Game over man, game over.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Mar 2013, 17:01

I'd blame sega too, certainly. Sticking your fingers in your ears shouting la la la at the top of your voice for 6 years then seeing it shipped out without so much as looking at it? You don't pay games developers a lot of money then not look at what they're doing.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby CatfishMurphy » 04 Mar 2013, 17:35

If they want to make a decent game based on the film Alien, then all they need to is reskin Slender by replacing the woods with the corridors of the Nostromo; collect cats and bits of food for the escape pod instead of pieces of paper; and change the Slender man to the xenomorph (who you can only kill by convincing it that there's something really brilliant and fun on the other side of that airlock). Simples...

Oh, and this will most definitely not be what happens and we can all expect horrendous retconning and a totally s**t action game instead.
CatfishMurphy 38

Next