Wii U must sell more, says Ubisoft CEO

Your comments on our articles.

Yves Guillemot wants Nintendo to realise the potential of its "great machine"

Ubisoft chief executive Yves Guillemot has pledged to continue supporting Wii U but believes the system must perform better to draw more investment.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U must sell more, says Ubisoft CEO

Postby Jon Ahmad » 04 Mar 2013, 12:07

Yeah, it probably would sell more if his company didn't make absurd decisions such as delaying triple A games.
Creator of The Jellydoodz
Jon Ahmad 53

Re: Wii U must sell more, says Ubisoft CEO

Postby Asinine » 04 Mar 2013, 12:10

Nintendo are going to need to hurry the f**k up if they want to sell them before the PS4 and XB3 are released. Oh and reduce the price too.

I'd suggest they just bin this gen WiiU and release a replacement Nintendo next-gen console instead.
Asinine 49

Postby cupoftea » 04 Mar 2013, 12:16

Is the wii u any good i watched some poor kid play 1 at my local game a while bak but he was on it for ever so i couldnt realy get a blast. Dont want to buy 1 before trying out first game r arseholes and proberly give me half of wat i payed for when i return it if i dont like
cupoftea 37

Postby StonecoldMC » 04 Mar 2013, 12:26

Rayman pops in to say Hello :wink: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby justforkicks101 » 04 Mar 2013, 12:29

it's over, bar the shouting. sadly.
Im Playing tons of Planetside 2 with
Rock Planet Shotgun, on Miller, Join us.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RockPlanetShotgun
justforkicks101 65

Xbox Live: jfk101
PSN ID: jfk101
Steam: jfk101
xFire: justforkicks101

Postby Bambis Dad » 04 Mar 2013, 12:30

StonecoldMC wrote:Rayman pops in to say Hello :wink: .

ROTFLMCO.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Spider82 » 04 Mar 2013, 12:32

cupoftea wrote:Is the wii u any good i watched some poor kid play 1 at my local game a while bak but he was on it for ever so i couldnt realy get a blast. Dont want to buy 1 before trying out first game r arseholes and proberly give me half of wat i payed for when i return it if i dont like

Its certainly a fun console, especially for evenings with your mates over. The biggest problem is the current lack of games and not much in sight. Nintendo really do need to pull out all the stops before the next gen consoles release.
Spider82 37

Postby mrlister » 04 Mar 2013, 12:46

All it will take for my money would be any two of a new: Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Endless Ocean, Xenoblade or Pokemon RPG. I can't believe Nintendo made the same mistake again by not having a AAA title for launch, and NSMBWU is not AAA enough for me I'm afraid!
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii

Postby Rammsoldat » 04 Mar 2013, 12:55

sorry its been a bad idea since it was announced. They are basically plopping out a late to the party current gen cnsole and expecting everyone to swoop and worst of all are not providing any exclusive titles that make people go "ooh i gotta get me some of that".

Ninty made a big mistake when they turned their back on the hardcore gaming market that kept em in business for decades and seem to have forgotten how to get em back. Well i hope they enjoy their wii money and that the DS keeps em afloat.
#PS4noDRM into the Universe, towards the stars we go
Rammsoldat 61

Xbox Live: brand3d on3
PSN ID: Rammsoldat
Steam: Rammsoldat

Postby charliecheswick » 04 Mar 2013, 12:56

Lack of games,no advertising,product confusion with the original Wii and a high price point in the UK from retailers. It all seems a bit half-arsed really but, i haven't put the bloody thing down since launch day. Can't explain just how brilliant Miiverse is and there's been enough for me to play up until games start landing from the end of March onwards. I think it'll be a great console come the end of this year when some big hitters release and the updates to the OS have been implemented. All IMO,of course.
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby AJDarkstar » 04 Mar 2013, 13:22

Rammsoldat wrote:sorry its been a bad idea since it was announced. They are basically plopping out a late to the party current gen cnsole and expecting everyone to swoop and worst of all are not providing any exclusive titles that make people go "ooh i gotta get me some of that".

Ninty made a big mistake when they turned their back on the hardcore gaming market that kept em in business for decades and seem to have forgotten how to get em back. Well i hope they enjoy their wii money and that the DS keeps em afloat.

Explain the GPGPU that isn't far behind what Sony are putting in the PS4 then. It's powerful, but it's next-gen powerful, so porting games from 360/PS3 without optimising them for the GPU causes issues. MS & Sony are both using GPGPUs too, hence the slow CPUs in their machines too.
And what's the betting neither the Sony or MS machine will have the memory bandwidth to run Wind Waker HD? (Note: even the Xbox lacked the bandwidth to run it, same with Metroid Prime and even StarFox Adventures).
Last edited by AJDarkstar on 04 Mar 2013, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby richomack360 » 04 Mar 2013, 13:23

AJDarkstar wrote:
Rammsoldat wrote:sorry its been a bad idea since it was announced. They are basically plopping out a late to the party current gen cnsole and expecting everyone to swoop and worst of all are not providing any exclusive titles that make people go "ooh i gotta get me some of that".

Explain the GPGPU that isn't far behind what Sony are putting in the PS4 then.

Why would he need to ? Each WiiU could have a super computer inside and all the trimmings, but it still isn't selling is it ?

Sony have already generated more interest in the PS4, without showing the console, than the WiiU has managed to date, the games line up at launch look better than what the WiiU currently has

Who cares what's inside ? when did consoles start becoming a bredding ground of tech obsessed nit wits ? Its the games that matter at the end of the day.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby AJDarkstar » 04 Mar 2013, 13:26

Rammsoldat wrote:Why would he need to ? Each WiiU could have a super computer inside and all the trimmings, but still isn't selling is it ?

Because he called it a current-gen machine, implying it's no more powerful than 360 or PS3. And it is. Considerably.
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby charliecheswick » 04 Mar 2013, 13:32

richomack360 wrote:Who cares what's inside ? when did consoles start becoming a bredding ground of tech obsessed nit wits ? Its the games that matter at the end of the day.

:shock:
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby Windowlicker79 » 04 Mar 2013, 13:50

Anyone else think the Wii U will be Nintendo's last home console? The seems to have made too many bad choices with regards to hardware over the last few years and have been top of the leaderboards for a long time. I reckon they'll go the same way as Sega and just produce software, maybe continuing with the handheld market, which they seem to be much stronger in.
Windowlicker79 55

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Next