to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 4 videos, details: New hero, 50 locations,

Your comments on our articles.

Everything you need to know about Ubisoft's sequel

Ubisoft has officially unveiled Assassin's Creed 4 and we've got a list of need-to-know details on the seafaring sequel.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed 4 videos, details: New hero, 50 locations,

Postby cupoftea » 04 Mar 2013, 11:30

I could tell by the yearly release of these titles r rushed like cod. These guys should take there time to make a decent game i men ac is ok but the every year release is putting me off but if it works for there bank balance then fair enough
cupoftea 36

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 videos, details: New hero, 50 locatio

Postby xxstalker24xx » 04 Mar 2013, 11:58

cupoftea wrote:I could tell by the yearly release of these titles r rushed like cod. These guys should take there time to make a decent game i men ac is ok but the every year release is putting me off but if it works for there bank balance then fair enough

Well not really. When the start of the development team have done their job, they will move onto other projects or new games of the franchise. Its a waste if they just sit around waiting for release as they most likely wont be used as the teams are so big.
xxstalker24xx 13

Postby Barry316 » 04 Mar 2013, 12:00

Instead of Desmond, the modern day is centered around you, a 'research analysts' working at Abstergo and living out the past Edward Kenway

That makes it sound like another one that'll barely move the overall plot any further. The way 3 ended you wouldn't expect the next numbered sequel to be about somebody at their day job. At this rate it might get some closure by Assassin's Creed 213 on the PlayBox64.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby Unition » 04 Mar 2013, 12:06

Ubi are a huge developer with multiple studios, and no doubt they have the tools to build AC games at an efficient pace. I read an article on Far Cry 3 and they could build an outpost in 20 minutes! Although it seems that annual releases should hurt the quality of their games, if anyone can buck this trend it's Ubi. They have an extremely rich and diverse world within the AC franchise.

I think Ubi know where they went wrong with AC3. It sounds as though they have listened to the community, and I think AC4 on next-gen consoles is going to be jaw-dropping. Imagine if it's a next-gen launch title alongside Watch Dogs ... Two AAA games from Ubi, show some love! :D
Unition 41

Postby xxstalker24xx » 04 Mar 2013, 12:26

cupoftea wrote:I could tell by the yearly release of these titles r rushed like cod. These guys should take there time to make a decent game i men ac is ok but the every year release is putting me off but if it works for there bank balance then fair enough

Just read this on eurogamer "Black Flag began development in summer 2011".
xxstalker24xx 13

Postby Moribundman » 04 Mar 2013, 12:54

xxstalker24xx wrote:

Just read this on eurogamer "Black Flag began development in summer 2011".

I don't think people seem to realise exactly how long AC games are bubbling away for before they are even announced. I think a lot of people assume that the devs sit around twiddling their thumbs and whistling until someone thinks up an idea, then the announcement is made and then it's all hell for leather to produce the game. I strongly suggest that there is a build of this game (on a dev PC) that can be played from start to finish already. And they announced it (officially) today. The rest is just optimisation, conversion, voicework, PR etc.

You can bet your bottom dollar, the next AC game (after the piratey one) is out there somewhere in a somewhat playable state...
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby qSPARTANp » 04 Mar 2013, 13:33

What a shame, I was a huge lover of the first game and enjoyed the second apart from having chapters removed for me to then have to pay extra for which I DIDNT! I have not purchased an Assassins game since No2. Now all I see is a once great intelligent story/franchise now being pooped out without any care or love, go go go GTA-ssassins creed.
qSPARTANp 48

Postby budge » 04 Mar 2013, 14:24

You can approach ships from any angle, weaken them with your cannons, then attach grapples to pull them towards you and storm the deck. Or swim around the back unnoticed and slit the captain's throat for the stealth-loving players.

That's why I don't like the AC series any more. In the old games it was all about stealth gameplay first and all out action being the optional second. Now it's the other way around.:(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby DiamondDogs » 04 Mar 2013, 16:14

budge wrote:
You can approach ships from any angle, weaken them with your cannons, then attach grapples to pull them towards you and storm the deck. Or swim around the back unnoticed and slit the captain's throat for the stealth-loving players.

That's why I don't like the AC series any more. In the old games it was all about stealth gameplay first and all out action being the optional second. Now it's the other way around.:(

It gives you the option to do either. At least there is a choice, so assuming from your comment you like stealth? Go around back and slit his throat.
DiamondDogs 60

Postby The Bossman » 07 Mar 2013, 00:03

I'm not ruling this out entirely yet, if it's been in development for over 18 months it deserves a look at the forthcoming gameplay vids at least.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby Saad Tariq » 07 Mar 2013, 09:00

Haters gonna hate, what I really like is pirate's life. :D
Saad Tariq 1
New user