to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Leak suggests Assassin's Creed 4 will release on next-gen co

Your comments on our articles.

Release date also revealed

A reported glitch on the official Assassin's Creed 4 website suggests the game will release on next-gen consoles.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Leak suggests Assassin's Creed 4 will release on next-gen co

Postby mham96 » 01 Mar 2013, 07:06

Wait a minute does this mean that the next gen consoles will be released in october or it will be released first on xbox360/ps3 and after the next gen consoles is released they will port the game for them?
mham96 23

Re: Leak suggests Assassin's Creed 4 will release on next-ge

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 01 Mar 2013, 07:22

mham96 wrote:Wait a minute does this mean that the next gen consoles will be released in october or it will be released first on xbox360/ps3 and after the next gen consoles is released they will port the game for them?

If you read the article it says that PS4 is being released this November (which is confirmed by Sony), so it doesn't really mean much. I guess a bigger concern would be was this game intentionally developed for next gen or will it be ported from this gen. And if course even a bigger question would be whether the game will be half-assed again.
1Nightmare1 51

Postby sevvybgoode » 01 Mar 2013, 08:47

Assassins creed 2 was good enough to merit more sequels within that timeline as ezio was an interesting character. Assassins creed 3 however doesn't have that luxury and if the rumours are true and it's set in a similar timeframe with the Caribbean as its backdrop then they shouldn't have branded this as number 4...

The draw from the previous games for me was the cities as much as ezio and unfortunately that part of the world during that period doesn't have the luxury of sprawling masses with interesting architecture. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for Paris or London to show up if it's going to be set in the 1700-1800s.

And considering the fact this is most likey developed with this gen in mind how much of a half arsed port are we going to get on next gen hardware? Save the dev costs and make a game in Victorian London or (and this would be my number one choice) relatively recent Tokyo as the next real assassins creed...
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby mattdark » 01 Mar 2013, 09:48

1Nightmare1 wrote:I guess a bigger concern would be was this game intentionally developed for next gen or will it be ported from this gen. And if course even a bigger question would be whether the game will be half-assed again.

You say that as if there is a chance this WONT be a half-assed continuation of the yearly release that has been crushing this series...
Time to rock n' ruin!
PSN - MattDark86
360 - MattDarkZero
mattdark 50

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby matty2000uk » 01 Mar 2013, 10:09

I think I'm right in saying that watch dogs (a confirmed next gen game that will have current gen versions) uses the new anvil engine seen in ac3. Assuming this game uses that same engine (which I think is a fair assumption) then I think ac4 will look pretty good. I think ac3 looked good but it was clearly not fully utilising the engine and was quite buggy.

I, like everyone else it seems am still worried at how quickly this numbered sequel has come about. No doubt it's because of the current happenings in the console world but that worries me that this game is goin to have been rushed. A feeling I got playing ac3. Lets not forget though, this game has most likely been in development for quite a while already.

I'm torn, roll on Monday and please show lots of gameplay footage.
matty2000uk 45

Postby wwinterj » 01 Mar 2013, 11:39

A lot of games will be for next gen consoles and this gen consoles during the transition period. Personally I wouldn't expect a big difference between the two as chances are it's a port from current gen consoles. The same can be said for any game that's on next and current gen unless they have been built from the ground up for next gen consoles. Something I doubt will be the case. Watchdogs(both from Ubisoft) is another game that falls into this category. I won't buy a next gen system for games I can buy on current gen consoles.
wwinterj 49

Postby gmcb007 » 01 Mar 2013, 11:44

Sounds about right. Ubisoft want to get the AC franchise straight onto next gen to keep it going, but at what cost? Personally i'd think they'd be better waiting a while and then work from the ground up to make a truely next gen AC.. After the joke that was Revalations, i'm really skeptical about this next installment. The cynic in me is thinking that they're simply going to go overboard on the sea battles due to it being widely welcomed by AC3 players.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 01 Mar 2013, 17:44

mattdark wrote:
1Nightmare1 wrote:I guess a bigger concern would be was this game intentionally developed for next gen or will it be ported from this gen. And if course even a bigger question would be whether the game will be half-assed again.

You say that as if there is a chance this WONT be a half-assed continuation of the yearly release that has been crushing this series...

Well you never know. Since it does seem to be released on next gen consoles as well, Ubisoft might have to raise the bench mark a bit. Maybe that explains why AC3 was crappy quality. Obviously most gamers that were disappointed with AC3 like me, will most likely ignore this game's hype until the game releases in a descent shape.
1Nightmare1 51

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 02 Mar 2013, 16:15

I'd really want to see an Assassin's Creed box-set for Wii U, so we can play all the older games without having to buy another console too.
Free Nintendo eShop, PSN, Steam Wallet codes and many other gift cards here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr 56