Crysis 3 patch 1.1 released

Your comments on our articles.

Bug fixes and tweaks detailed

Crytek has released new Crysis 3 patches for PC and consoles.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Crysis 3 patch 1.1 released

Postby sonic_uk » 28 Feb 2013, 13:22

So the one thing that needs fixing above all else - the 360's audio issues hasn't been addressed?!!?? Way to go Crytek. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to restart the game just to get the "cloak engaged" voice back, and at one point early on in the 2nd level the sound cut out completely. Even throughout the rest of the game it is often garbled and you cannot hear what the characters are saying sometimes - a real immersion breaker. Other bugs include the inability to fire the Rocket Launcher on several occasions - even though I have plenty of ammo and the Scar and special ammo not being restocked when picking up ammo from the crate. Jesus, how the f*** can you release a game in this sorry state? Was it even QA tested?
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Re: Crysis 3 patch 1.1 released

Postby underwulde » 28 Feb 2013, 13:33

what about the fix for the ' professional superhero ' achievement for the 360 , shall that be in the patch??
underwulde 25
New user

Postby blackholes » 28 Feb 2013, 15:27

underwulde wrote:what about the fix for the ' professional superhero ' achievement for the 360 , shall that be in the patch??

and the 'half way to hell' achievement, both the supersoldier achievements haven't unlocked. Tweeted the Crysis page a couple of times about it and had no response.
blackholes 38

Postby ingy » 28 Feb 2013, 16:58

The audio on the second level (360) was so bad for me that i switched the subtitles on so i knew what was being said, later levels seemed to be ok, then last night while playing the flying section on the sixth level it started going again.

Apart from that, i've been really enjoying the game, at times it's fantastic looking but has to be played on at least the hard skill setting to get the best out of it.

It's a shame that the opening level is so p**s poor, it just gives an unfair impression of the game.
ingy 64

Postby sibear » 28 Feb 2013, 18:12

Haven't had any audio problems on 360 myself but I am kicking myself for deciding (against my better judgement) to buy another utterly crap Crytek game. What's the point in a game looking good if it has the blandest, generic gameplay possible. This years games have been pitiful so far.
sibear 47

Postby XeRo133 » 28 Feb 2013, 19:38

is there a patch for the random 2-5 second freezing on the ps3? this has messed me and a few of my buddies up so many times and sometimes happens right when i am about to enter combat and then i unfreeze dead.
XeRo133 1
New user

Postby ingy » 28 Feb 2013, 20:30

The laggy online games are a bit of a mess also, so dissapointing to see the top scorers in pretty much every game i have played also happen to have the best connections.

I know this probably happens in most other online games, it just seems a lot more obvious in this one.
ingy 64

Postby kirankara » 28 Feb 2013, 20:47

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/25/crysi ... y-physics/

the genius of Crytek is unparalleled. Lets hope they never do a rope swinging simulator, everyone will need the cray supercomputer to play it
kirankara 57

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 01 Mar 2013, 01:17

Must say I've been a bit miffed with this. Firstly there seems to be an issue with been in a party and trying to get a multiplayer game going, as in it still freezes needing to go back to dashboard. Not had any other audio issues but am I the only one that firstly thinks the character 'psycho' is a terrible stereotype and that the bow is a bloody pile of crap? Also although it looks lovely the SP feels a bit flat so far? Finally I am really disappointed with 'hunter' mode, when playing as CELL everyone seems to hide in a corner and when playing as a hunter the bow again is too inaccurate.

I think it might be getting traded for Tomb Raider.....

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby xneilx » 01 Mar 2013, 11:31

How about a fix on the pc where you cloak but your still casting a shadow.
xneilx 47

Postby sonic_uk » 01 Mar 2013, 12:00

xneilx wrote:How about a fix on the pc where you cloak but your still casting a shadow.

If I remember rightly that remains in all Crysis games, but I don't think its a bug as such. Think about it. The suit may be able to displace light around it to give the illusion of invisibilty, but as its still physically in the way of the light there will still be a shadow behind it even if you can't see the suit itself.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

problems with dog tags missing in crysis 3

Postby Cody Gilliland » 09 Mar 2013, 02:21

i keep loseing my dog tags i have unlocked every time i get off and come back and play on multiplayer later they are all gone does any1 kno why this is or how to fix it
Cody Gilliland 1
New user

Postby sonic_uk » 09 Mar 2013, 17:56

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Must say I've been a bit miffed with this. Firstly there seems to be an issue with been in a party and trying to get a multiplayer game going, as in it still freezes needing to go back to dashboard. Not had any other audio issues but am I the only one that firstly thinks the character 'psycho' is a terrible stereotype and that the bow is a bloody pile of crap? Also although it looks lovely the SP feels a bit flat so far? Finally I am really disappointed with 'hunter' mode, when playing as CELL everyone seems to hide in a corner and when playing as a hunter the bow again is too inaccurate.

I think it might be getting traded for Tomb Raider.....

I agree. I don't mind a bit of swearing at all, I'm certainly no prune, and feel it can make a game or film more realistic, particually when there's a massive threat or someones life it at stake, but I'm sure I remember Physcho only swearing once or twice in Crysis Warhead and perhaps once in the original Crysis, but in this game every second word that Physcho says is f*** this or f*** that, jeez, give it a rest for f***s sake, after a while it just gets tiring and seems to have only been included for the sake of it rather than anything meaningful.

sonic_uk 56

Postby Ray Powers » 17 Mar 2013, 03:12

WHERE IS THE FRIGIN PATCH? ALL THE SITES TELL U THERE IS A PATCH BUT WHERE IS IT? i CAN'T FIND IT. ALL THEY DO IS RUN U AROUND IN CIRCLES. THEY CAN TAKE TH CRYSIS 3 GAME AND PLUNGE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. THE GAME NEEDS A FIX BADLY.NO ONE CAN PLAY THE GAME WITH HALF A MOUSE. WILL NEVER BUY THEIR GAMES AGAIN. HELP IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
Ray Powers 1
New user