to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 4 is official - details coming Monday

Your comments on our articles.

First official artwork for the pirate-themed game released

Ubisoft has officially announced Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag following numerous leaks in recent weeks.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed 4 is official - details coming Monday

Postby Chris_Shanahan87 » 28 Feb 2013, 12:44

is he...blonde??
Chris_Shanahan87 47

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 is official - details coming Monday

Postby karkify » 28 Feb 2013, 12:57

Has rush job a written all over it.
karkify 50

Postby DiamondDogs » 28 Feb 2013, 13:04

Connor is my favorite assassin and it's sad he's not returning but it's great that you can play as his grandfather. I've been interested to see Edward Kenway's backstory explored further after reading AC Forsaken, even in the book he was an interesting character.
DiamondDogs 60

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Feb 2013, 13:06

One hour of exclusive PS3 content?

Wheres that MS and EA Partnership thread again :lol: ?

OT, I didn't enjoy the last AC, didn't even put 10 hours into it before trading it in. Here's hoping this one can pull me back in!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby sonic_uk » 28 Feb 2013, 13:07

I like the games, but jesus there's just too many of them. I think the series needs a good rest for a couple of years until they decide what to do with it. Of course, we all know that wont happen, its gone beyond a simple game franchise now and turned into the much sought after cash cow.

StonecoldMC wrote:One hour of exclusive PS3 content?

Er, you do realize this game is published by Ubisoft and not EA don't you?
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby budge » 28 Feb 2013, 13:10

They should wave the black flag at the direction of this series. :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby chunkysatsuma » 28 Feb 2013, 13:12

Would they not have been better spent working on this title for a few more months before publishing for the nextbox and ps4? Just seems now they are gonna rush to make this come out before people start to jump to the next gen :(

Also how random is that sixty minutes? It can't actually be important to the story as uni soft has said it won't hurt the other experiences - sixty minutes of random side missions seems an odd deal to strike for the game.
chunkysatsuma 42

Postby cupoftea » 28 Feb 2013, 13:19

Lost intrest after they kept releasing on a yearly basis they should take there time to make somthing fresh but if there is a high demand for ac then fair dues
cupoftea 36

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Feb 2013, 13:21

sonic_uk wrote:I like the games, but jesus there's just too many of them. I think the series needs a good rest for a couple of years until they decide what to do with it. Of course, we all know that wont happen, its gone beyond a simple game franchise now and turned into the much sought after cash cow.

Er, you do realize this game is published by Ubisoft and not EA don't you?

That wasn't really my point and yes I do know this is a Ubi game :lol: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby DemonGhostPirate » 28 Feb 2013, 13:22

Ubisoft flogging a dead horse. Hmmmm... On second thoughts, a perfectly alive horse considering there was barely a focus on assassinating in Disappointment Creed 3. Not to mention the fact that this apparently has a focus on the bore that was Naval Battles. If it was called Naval Creed/Sailor Creed/Ship Creed I would be pleased, but this is not the case. Not to mention the lack of major dev time they must have for this title. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have the number '4' stamped on the front cover, but considering it does it must be a very rushed entry in the series. At least with Brotherhood and Revelations, they were only filler games to finish off the Ezio story. But quite frankly, a year/year and a half dev cycle isn't that much to create a major entry in the franchise. No doubt all the fans though will lap this one up. Quite frankly this series has gone on far too long and has completely lost what made it good.
DemonGhostPirate 12

Postby rubblemaker » 28 Feb 2013, 13:29

DiamondDogs wrote:Connor is my favorite assassin and it's sad he's not returning

Well, that makes one of you. Most. Boring. Character. In. The. History. Of. Videogames.
rubblemaker 42

Postby sonic_uk » 28 Feb 2013, 13:36

sonic_uk wrote:I like the games, but jesus there's just too many of them. I think the series needs a good rest for a couple of years until they decide what to do with it. Of course, we all know that wont happen, its gone beyond a simple game franchise now and turned into the much sought after cash cow.

sonic_uk wrote:Er, you do realize this game is published by Ubisoft and not EA don't you?

StonecoldMC wrote:That wasn't really my point and yes I do know this is a Ubi game :lol: .

What was your point then? I might be being a bit thick here but I really don't get it.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby MrPirtniw » 28 Feb 2013, 13:40

rubblemaker wrote:
DiamondDogs wrote:Connor is my favorite assassin and it's sad he's not returning

Well, that makes one of you. Most. Boring. Character. In. The. History. Of. Videogames.

Hey! HEY! Don't you be forgetting the entire cast of Final Fantasy 13! I have no intention of playing Assassins Creed 3, but surely this 'Connor' you speak of can't be as dull as the ironicly named Lightning, can he?
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Feb 2013, 13:45

@ sonic_uk

There were lots of people deriding MS yesterday in that thread, saying that by going after exclusive content and timed exclusives they were segregating Gamer's and the industry and that this was something that Sony would never do, because Sony love Gamer's and just love to make Games. This was after I pointed out that The Witness and Destiny would be appearing exclusively on the PS4 or at least get exclusive content.

I maybe didn't explain myself properly but I'm typing this from the ceiling of my office as my colleagues try to pull me down after the Rangers Title Stripping verdict came in :D !

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby sonic_uk » 28 Feb 2013, 13:48

StonecoldMC wrote:@ sonic_uk

There were lots of people deriding MS yesterday in that thread, saying that by going after exclusive content and timed exclusives they were segregating Gamer's and the industry and that this was something that Sony would never do, because Sony love Gamer's and just love to make Games. This was after I pointed out that The Witness and Destiny would be appearing exclusively on the PS4 or at least get exclusive content.

I maybe didn't explain myself properly but I'm typing this from the ceiling of my office as my colleagues try to pull me down after the Rangers Title Stripping verdict came in :D !

Ahh I see, thanks mate! I know its 12.45pm, but its still too early in the morning for me!

sonic_uk 55

Next