to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

God of War Ascension demo released - new trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Sample the PS3 exclusive now in the US and tomorrow in Europe

Sony has sent over a God of War: Ascension trailer to accompany the release of a new game demo.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

God of War Ascension demo released - new trailer

Postby sammikid » 26 Feb 2013, 15:44

After resisting watching the first 30 minute vid that was released a while back, I caved and watched the trailer.
I pre-ordered the GOW bundle yesterday with white PS3 and gold controller, off to check my US account now for the demo :D

EDIT: So the demo isn't up on the US store yet :(
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Re: God of War Ascension demo released - new trailer

Postby El Mag » 26 Feb 2013, 16:12

The American store should update sometime tonight, usually anytime from 10pm.

Pesky trailer has gone and got me even more excited for the game. I'm getting on now so I don't like to use up all my excitement just in case I have an accident.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby ensabahnur » 26 Feb 2013, 16:26

I'm very tempted to skip the demo all together for this as i have managed to avoid all videos for it so far. Ok i had a shot of the MP beta but that doesn't feature anything from the main story. I really want to go into this game blind.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby dwhlufc » 26 Feb 2013, 16:30

Very happy I preordered this now, but I will give the demo a wide berth. Is it two or three weeks until the uk release?
dwhlufc 75

Postby sammikid » 26 Feb 2013, 16:34

El Mag wrote:The American store should update sometime tonight, usually anytime from 10pm.

I always fail to take note of the time the stores are updated, i'm always like "yeah its sometime on tuesday or wednesday"
Everyone needs an El mag to fill in the blanks. Thats if you can be trusted to fill in the blanks.

I think its great that even though we've had the PS4 announcement, with some next-gen game footage shown, we can still get excited for current-gen software. A fair number of titles releasing this year that i'm really excited for.
sammikid 60

Postby sammikid » 26 Feb 2013, 16:47

ensabahnur wrote:I'm very tempted to skip the demo all together for this as i have managed to avoid all videos for it so far. Ok i had a shot of the MP beta but that doesn't feature anything from the main story. I really want to go into this game blind.

dwhlufc wrote:Very happy I preordered this now, but I will give the demo a wide berth. Is it two or three weeks until the uk release?

I didn't want to watch the first 30 Minutes so I could go into the game, as a whole, blind and not watch someone else play and ruin the set-up to the story for me.
As-long as the demo doesn't ruin the story for me I wouldn't mind giving it a go just to see how it plays. I also played the multi-player beta
Though i'm starting to think maybe it is worth just waiting for the release on the 15th (so 2.5 weeks dwhlufc)
I'm just impatient....... 2 and a half weeks!!! i'll probably play the demo.
sammikid 60

Postby El Mag » 26 Feb 2013, 16:51

I do most of my buying off the American store so that's how I know its usual times, I'd only ever lie to rbt. He deserves it though to be fair.

I've been asked if I want that special edition gold pad as well. It is nice but I'd hate to end up breaking the t**t going on a plat run.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby higgins78 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:54

Is it just me, clearly it is, but have by now we not had our fill of more games in the God of War series? I mean, you can hardly say each "new" entry is even slightly different in any way to the once which came previous. Sure the games look the part, run smooth and are generally entertaining, in a by the numbers way, but its basically just button-mashing mixed with the occasional - and more frequent - QTE. If the games didn't have the production values they do then clearly this is a series which would fall through the cracks.
higgins78 40

Postby Barry316 » 26 Feb 2013, 18:00

higgins78 wrote:Is it just me, clearly it is, but have by now we not had our fill of more games in the God of War series? I mean, you can hardly say each "new" entry is even slightly different in any way to the once which came previous. Sure the games look the part, run smooth and are generally entertaining, in a by the numbers way, but its basically just button-mashing mixed with the occasional - and more frequent - QTE. If the games didn't have the production values they do then clearly this is a series which would fall through the cracks.

You mean a game in a series is similar to the ones before it? Well holy s**t it's lucky you pointed that out, i was expecting a dancing game with karting sections!

And who is 'we'? Surely you're not trying to speak for every gamer?
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby Bright-Light » 26 Feb 2013, 18:31

higgins78 wrote:....... the games look the part, run smooth and are generally entertaining......

I wasn't gonna bother with this game, but after your post, I have just pre-ordered.
Bright-Light 47

Postby budge » 26 Feb 2013, 18:32

I'm ashamed to say it but i've never played a GOW game! I was never really into button masher hack n slash games until I played Darksiders.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby wwinterj » 26 Feb 2013, 21:43

dwhlufc wrote:Very happy I preordered this now, but I will give the demo a wide berth. Is it two or three weeks until the uk release?

Agreed. I've not made a pre order yet as I plan on doing that next week but there is no reason for me to play the demo. I can wait until I buy the full game. :P
wwinterj 49

Postby sigourney beaver » 26 Feb 2013, 22:08

cant wait to try out this it looks so good
sigourney beaver 44