PlayStation Plus March update: Mass Effect 3, MGS HD Collect

Your comments on our articles.

Sony details games and discounts arriving next month

Sony has detailed the new PlayStation Plus updates coming in March.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby squarepyramids » 22 Feb 2013, 16:04

Ridiculously good service this! I just can't keep up with the backlog of games I've downloaded from plus, argh!
squarepyramids 46

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Feb 2013, 16:07

Get in, I'll have all of those please!
dwhlufc 76

Re: PlayStation Plus March update: Mass Effect 3, MGS HD Col

Postby TheLastDodo » 22 Feb 2013, 16:14

I'll take Puddle for Vita, might take MG collection if I'm bored and fancy a movie.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby shev » 22 Feb 2013, 16:55

How is this even possible? I mean I love the service, I just can't see how they get the developers to sign up for this. With this giant backlog of games I have now, I guess I'm gonna have to keep the ps3 in my living room for quite some time after ps4 hits.
shev 46

Postby nuggit3000 » 22 Feb 2013, 17:48

shev wrote:How is this even possible? I mean I love the service, I just can't see how they get the developers to sign up for this. With this giant backlog of games I have now, I guess I'm gonna have to keep the ps3 in my living room for quite some time after ps4 hits.

Simples..
All of the games on PS+ are games that have sold pretty much all they can and no longer are selling well.
They are then released on PS+ just in time for the DLC.
More people with the game, means more money from DLC.

Everyone wins

I never used to buy DLC, but when Im given amazing value like this, I feel I should give some money back to the games that deserve it.
Xbox live gamer tag: The Slythe
PC gaming tag: Slythe
PS3 tag: TheSlythe
nuggit3000 61

Xbox Live: TheSlythe
PSN ID: TheSlythe

Postby sbradley88 » 22 Feb 2013, 17:52

nuggit3000 wrote:
shev wrote:How is this even possible? I mean I love the service, I just can't see how they get the developers to sign up for this. With this giant backlog of games I have now, I guess I'm gonna have to keep the ps3 in my living room for quite some time after ps4 hits.

Simples..
All of the games on PS+ are games that have sold pretty much all they can and no longer are selling well.
They are then released on PS+ just in time for the DLC.
More people with the game, means more money from DLC.

Everyone wins

I never used to buy DLC, but when Im given amazing value like this, I feel I should give some money back to the games that deserve it.

Wait so MGS collection, ME3, Vanquish, and Limbo were/are all bringing out dlc?

That was my attempt at sarcasm. How did I do?
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby nuggit3000 » 22 Feb 2013, 18:03

sbradley88 wrote:Wait so MGS collection, ME3, Vanquish, and Limbo were/are all bringing out dlc?

That was my attempt at sarcasm. How did I do?

Pretty well.

Its not always the case, but when it is a high profile game, it is in the interest of the developer too.
Quite often, DLC will be announced the same week the game appears on PS+

Obviously Sony are paying them a small amount for the game too, but it cant be that much.
£40 from me a year for about 60 games is 66p per download, but multiply that by howmany thousands/millions of PS+ subscribers makes it worthwhile for a game that is no longer selling.
Xbox live gamer tag: The Slythe
PC gaming tag: Slythe
PS3 tag: TheSlythe
nuggit3000 61

Xbox Live: TheSlythe
PSN ID: TheSlythe

Postby Solm » 22 Feb 2013, 18:42

Just keeps getting better, hope Sony continue this on the PS4, although I have my doubts.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 22 Feb 2013, 20:36

Awesome! I was going to buy Mass Effect 3 anyway but I was put off by EA's shady business practises so being free will do me nicely. :D
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby J_H__ » 22 Feb 2013, 23:27

What about quantum conundrum? Will that dissappear in march?
[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/J_H__/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/J_H__.png[/img] [/url]
J_H__ 32

Xbox Live: Josh James
PSN ID: J_H__

Postby Tao » 23 Feb 2013, 12:54

Alaann wrote:make sure its in your download list to do this start downloading then cancel the download if you already have it downloaded you dont have to do anything.you always have access to your plus games as long as you sub to ps plus,you need to do start a download on any plus game to attach it to your psn account.

Wait, so even if a game is taken off PS+, you can still download it at a later date for free if it's on your download list? Literally only just subscribed to PS+ a few days ago so forgive me if it's a stupid question, but that's awesome if true.
Tao 50

PSN ID: TaoJude

Postby TheLastDodo » 23 Feb 2013, 13:27

Tao wrote:
Alaann wrote:make sure its in your download list to do this start downloading then cancel the download if you already have it downloaded you dont have to do anything.you always have access to your plus games as long as you sub to ps plus,you need to do start a download on any plus game to attach it to your psn account.

Wait, so even if a game is taken off PS+, you can still download it at a later date for free if it's on your download list? Literally only just subscribed to PS+ a few days ago so forgive me if it's a stupid question, but that's awesome if true.

Yep that's true.

Just set em off downloading, cancel em and they'll be in your list when you're ready to play em.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Padua » 23 Feb 2013, 13:33

Tao wrote:

Yeah dude. Is that awesome or what!?
You could even uninstall and you would be able to restore it at a later date even if it wasn't currently in the store 8)

Anybody just picking up a PS3 for the first time - PlayStation Plus is a must!
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby Tao » 23 Feb 2013, 15:44

That's fantastic. Literally hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of games a year, effectively to keep, for forty quid. I should have subscribed sooner!

Thanks for the reply guys.
Tao 50

PSN ID: TaoJude

Postby FixBeatGames » 23 Feb 2013, 19:13

+1 for the big up of ps plus. genuinely been impressed by the quality of some of the games on it that i just wouldn't have even picked up if it wasn't for them being 'free' on ps plus. the demo of 'sleeping dogs' put me off that game, but now about 8 hours into it (it's on ps plus now) and it's fantastic.

i only realized last week about it staying in your download list after it's off too, i re-downloaded mortal kombat and still have that and playable. i put a 500gb hd in my ps3 though, so am now able to just keep them all on it. hopefully this isn't a 'flaw' that sony 'fix' later and you are actually meant to be able to access the whole back catalogue if it's in your download list.
FixBeatGames 41

Next