Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April

Your comments on our articles.

UPDATE: Events partner registers the domain XboxEvent.com

A growing number of developers and other industry professionals, some of which are Sony employees, have told CVG that Microsoft will reveal its next generation Xbox for the first time in April.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Bright-Light » 22 Feb 2013, 11:05

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Ps4 conference was great.
Can't wait for xbox reveal.
Bright-Light 47

Postby SuperGamerDude » 22 Feb 2013, 11:08

Good thing Sony made the first move, otherwise we'd be waiting forever for the next generation consoles.

Thank god for competition eh :)
Last edited by SuperGamerDude on 22 Feb 2013, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
SuperGamerDude 55

Postby TykerD3 » 22 Feb 2013, 11:10

Very excited about this. I think Sony did well with the PS4 launch, and i was impressed by some of the features and games. Lets hope MS dont offer an underpowered app machine. I want a beast of a GAMES CONSOLE.
Xbox Live Tag: Knifey McStab
Blowing Goats since 1978
TykerD3 55

Xbox Live: SteampunkZomb1e

Postby ingy » 22 Feb 2013, 11:11

Can't wait for their reveal, we know nothing about the 720 yet we're all writing it off, just please don't give us a 'kinect is the way forward' kind of show, if it's an 'either or' option that's fine, just give us games.
ingy 64

Re: Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April

Postby StonecoldMC » 22 Feb 2013, 11:26

This is where it starts get interesting. Sony have part showed there hand, it now up to MS to see what they can do.

Exciting times for us Gamer's anyway.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby TheLastDodo » 22 Feb 2013, 11:33

It'll be s**t and kinect will force itself on you, it'll touch you up when you sleeping and it will be called NetfliXbox 3 cos MS only has 3 garmes (Halo, CoD and the wait forever for the dash to load thanks to all the s**tty ads game LOL) and Netflix and you'll need to buy a LIVE subscription from the dash just to turn on the POS and it will make MS bankrupt cos it's scientifically proven it's s**t and rael garmers will live happily ever after.

I am Dodo75 -_-

And for those that are two dumb to work it out, the PS arse lickers, I like Xbox and gaming market will crash without glorious Xbox and I can't wait for Kinect to scan my unused penis because jerking off on Xbox is better with Kinect.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Barry316 » 22 Feb 2013, 11:36

TheLastDodo wrote:It'll be s**t and kinect will force itself on you, it'll touch you up when you sleeping and it will be called NetfliXbox 3 cos MS only has 3 garmes (Halo, CoD and the wait forever for the dash to load thanks to all the s**tty ads game LOL) and Netflix and you'll need to buy a LIVE subscription from the dash just to turn on the POS and it will make MS bankrupt cos it's scientifically proven it's s**t and rael garmers will live happily ever after.

I am Dodo75 -_-

You forgot to mention who your money is on and the impending gaming crash!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby a_adji » 22 Feb 2013, 11:42

This is why I applaud Nintendos direction at times because MS/SONY will have to similar models and games all the time which is why the next gen I am only getting one system to compliment my wii U, unlike last gen when I had all 3.
a_adji 48

Postby fatgangsta » 22 Feb 2013, 11:52

True being forced into the whole kinect Bollox is pain wrong i hate anything like that because they make so many game casual kiddies games and i hate them so much if given one i would sell it for a penny sweet
fatgangsta 41

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 22 Feb 2013, 11:54

You forgot to mention who your money is on and the impending gaming crash!

:lol:
Stan_Goodspeed 62

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby patiotom » 22 Feb 2013, 11:57

There was some things i liked about the sony event but for me it was a bit too much of a cock swinging event. "I give you the most powerful gaming experience" (with mid end PC tech for under £500 and until the Xbox is out too) and a load of waffle about "sharing" your gaming experience, i would settle for just some decent VOIP integration or maybe a PSN where 75m details don't get robbed. Simple stuff really. The level to which people got excited was just hilarious, the fan boys the box bashing the smug we're better than PS's now was just hilarious. Sony released very little and everybody was eating it up like it was harry potter magic, ohhhh games (cross platform mostly) and some tech demos does not count!!!

I will wait to see what both have to offer before getting even slightly interested, i dont have a Vita or any other Sony device (SP, Tab) so not excited there either.

One interesting point that everybody is missing here. Bungie a Microsoft owned company is making a release title for the PS4, does anybody else see this as a sign to the end of console exclusives. I hope so
patiotom 34

Postby DonLeo17 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:00

yes please just make this a beast of a machine i really dont give two cruds about kinect. i just want it to be more powerful
DonLeo17 11
New user

Postby timtimity » 22 Feb 2013, 12:02

Good. Considering companies don't have a huge amount of time on stage at E3 it's good that both Sony and Microsoft are getting the initial "it exists" announcement out of the way beforehand. It means E3 won't be full of specs and features, but hopefully will concentrate more on games.
timtimity 29

Postby hi0marc » 22 Feb 2013, 12:07

Really interested by the Xbox launch- PS4 was all about the games and I would be surprised if Xbox goes the same route. But in terms of tech they might just edge it, we'll see.
hi0marc 41

Postby bitfreak » 22 Feb 2013, 12:11

patiotom wrote: One interesting point that everybody is missing here. Bungie a Microsoft owned company is making a release title for the PS4, does anybody else see this as a sign to the end of console exclusives. I hope so

I don't even know where to start with your post, so I'll just educate you a little instead, Microsoft never owned Bungie they had a partnership with them to do with the Halo series.
bitfreak 10

Next