BioShock Infinite DLC season pass announced

Your comments on our articles.

Add-on content bundled together for $20 - a third off

Publisher 2K has announced it will offer a BioShock Infinite Season Pass, containing all the DLC expected for the title, for $19.99... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

BioShock Infinite DLC season pass announced

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Feb 2013, 14:31

TheLastDodo 77

Re: BioShock Infinite DLC season pass announced

Postby ninja-key » 21 Feb 2013, 14:36

WTF :evil: :evil:
ninja-key 54

Xbox Live: Thekey08
PSN ID: ninja-key

Postby weston22 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:09

I dont know why people moan about dlc if the game is good ie:borderlands 2, you arent forced to buy it!
weston22 46

Xbox Live: Warlockweso22

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Feb 2013, 15:16

Because devs/pubs leave out/lock out content, whether it's on disc or not, to sell it to you later and announcing it pre-release looks suspicious.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Stigweird85 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:41

I'm getting pretty sick of developers revealing DLC before the main game has shipped.

Its a lose-lose scenario to me.

If the DLC is released too early, people complain that it was obviously cut from the main game to make even more money from customers. (From Ashes DLC on Mass Effect 3 is a prime example of this)

Release it too late and you run this risk of the player completing that game and not being interested in story content or any bonus weapons characters etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like DLC that extends a games life. I just don't like this idea of selling a game and then prompting people to pay in advance for content that will come months later.
Stigweird85 45

Xbox Live: Stigweird85
PSN ID: BigStig85
Steam: Stigweird85

Postby CatfishMurphy » 21 Feb 2013, 15:49

TheLastDodo wrote:Because devs/pubs leave out/lock out content, whether it's on disc or not, to sell it to you later and announcing it pre-release looks suspicious.

That's just called "planning". I guarantee you this additional content is not finished yet and the current game is probably about to go pressing plants as we speak. Likewise, you don't want to do a RAGE and release your DLC 14 months later with no pre-warning whatsoever so everyone's gotten rid of the game ages ago. Give people plenty of notice and you give them a reason to hold on to the game.

Only day one and on disc locked DLC qualifies as nefarious in my book.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby darry » 21 Feb 2013, 15:56

CatfishMurphy wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:Because devs/pubs leave out/lock out content, whether it's on disc or not, to sell it to you later and announcing it pre-release looks suspicious.

That's just called "planning". I guarantee you this additional content is not finished yet and the current game is probably about to go pressing plants as we speak. Likewise, you don't want to do a RAGE and release your DLC 14 months later with no pre-warning whatsoever so everyone's gotten rid of the game ages ago. Give people plenty of notice and you give them a reason to hold on to the game.

Nail/head.
darry 55

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Feb 2013, 16:21

Another problem is there are so many games out these days that it isn't worth hanging on to your copy of game X once it's finished (unless it has reasons to replay it) as the value will drop and the DLC, as goes for most cases, isn't worth buying anyway.

Most developers seem to not understand why people like their games, going by the DLC they release in my experience. I've played wonderful games and bought poor DLC for those games. I've bought map packs for shooters that contain better maps than the vanilla maps that cost me 40 quid. There's very little consistency and it's because of this inconsistency that it's rare that I buy DLC now because of this.

Bottom line: My preferred way to avoid people trading in your game? Simple. Make a game worth replaying, don't hold your hands out and beg for us to hold onto your game for X amount of time just on the off chance that the DLC you create is worth the money I'm going to lose by not trading your game in.

I've really got to stop thinking that I'm not just a walking wallet :)
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Feb 2013, 16:49

darry wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:

Nail/head.

Hammer, nail...head. You do get some bad'uns but you do get some good'uns too. Borderlands had decent dlc. I'd reckon there's more than a small percentage who play games then trade them in whether they loved them or not. I can't see any other way to get those people keeping the games.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71