Sony/Gaikai registers 'PlayStation Cloud' domains

Your comments on our articles.

Sony possibly preparing for announcements at tomorrow's PlayStation Meeting

Multiple domains recently registered by Sony/Gaikai suggest that the platform holder could be preparing to announce a new 'PlayStation Cloud' service at tomorrow's PlayStation Meeting event.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sony/Gaikai registers 'PlayStation Cloud' domains

Postby corkscru74 » 19 Feb 2013, 22:53

Haha, imagine if the announcement tomorrow was that there won't be a PS4 and instead all new games will be available via the cloud :lol:

...I REALLY hope that isn't the case :shock:
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Re: Sony/Gaikai registers 'PlayStation Cloud' domains

Postby geardley » 19 Feb 2013, 23:06

super fast broadband has finally hit my area....when i afford it ..helloo sony lol
We are premier league.
geardley 55

Re: Sony/Gaikai registers 'PlayStation Cloud' domains

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 20 Feb 2013, 14:30

corkscru74 wrote:Haha, imagine if the announcement tomorrow was that there won't be a PS4 and instead all new games will be available via the cloud :lol:

...I REALLY hope that isn't the case :shock:

I've been saying this for months. ther's no new console, just a new pad and all new games are streamed straight to your PS3 for a flat fee a month.

As business plans go it's pretty rock feckin solid. instant installbase of millions, no need to develop new hardware, no used games, no need to spend millions on producing discs, all the marketing can be unified and zero piracy.

Now tell me that isn't a dream come true for publishers and makes life a hell of a lot easier for devs.

Whats more most of the major markets already have internet that can handle it and the others are slowly being brought up to scratch. during the cross over games still get released on disc and in a few years time once the PS3 cant physically play them everyone would be so used to streaming they wouldnt care.

Thinking about its not as crazy as it initially sounds and would seriously help sony who are, lets be honest, hemmoureging money.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66