to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty with

Your comments on our articles.

Watch four minutes of bloody action

Microsoft has released a lengthy Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video serving up four minutes of multiplayer carnage.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty with

Postby Coulson1990 » 19 Feb 2013, 17:14

That isn't gears of war. That is a joke to gears vets.
Coulson1990 44
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 16:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Feb 2013, 17:21

Cant watch it right now and this may seem like a daft question, but does this still have Horde mode?

Haven't missed a Gears launch yet and don't think I will here either.
User avatar
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 12662
Joined: 14 May 2007, 20:47
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby Coulson1990 » 19 Feb 2013, 17:23

No horde. But something called survival and has 10 waves
Coulson1990 44
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 16:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Feb 2013, 17:29

Coulson1990 wrote:No horde. But something called survival and has 10 waves


Image
:shock:
User avatar
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 12662
Joined: 14 May 2007, 20:47
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby Imaduck » 19 Feb 2013, 17:49

I have to be honest, this video was actually pretty positive. Looks like a blast. I'm not a fan of the way they went with 3 and Raam's Shadow or some of the decisions here, but it looks like they've tried really, really hard. I'll give them credit for that.
User avatar
Imaduck 58
 
Posts: 5344
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 20:20
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby squiddly » 19 Feb 2013, 18:43

The only thing I dont like is that sniper rifle, it reminds me of the overpowered COD snipers, you know....being able to kill with it after missing nearly every shot and zero recoil. The sniper on gears 2 & 3 takes skill to use but this looks cheap.
squiddly 49
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:58

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 19 Feb 2013, 19:52

What happen to the special beast mode that they said there were going to implement. You know the one where you can play as different Locust or COGs. Is that still a go?!
1Nightmare1 48
 
Posts: 432
Joined: 08 Jan 2012, 22:28
Location: United States

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby squiddly » 19 Feb 2013, 19:57

1Nightmare1 wrote:What happen to the special beast mode that they said there were going to implement. You know the one where you can play as different Locust or COGs. Is that still a go?!


Yes I played it at eurogamer last year its called overun. You play as COG and choose from MEDIC, SOLDIER, ENGINEER and SCOUT they all have different weapon sets and abilities. You have to stop the LOCUST from destroying the generator. As the LOCUST you are essentially playing BEAST MODE from gears 3, get kills/points and unlock the teirs of new creatures. Once the round is over you swap sides and are either COG defending or LOCUST attacking.
squiddly 49
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:58

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 19 Feb 2013, 22:05

squiddly wrote:
1Nightmare1 wrote:What happen to the special beast mode that they said there were going to implement. You know the one where you can play as different Locust or COGs. Is that still a go?!


Yes I played it at eurogamer last year its called overun. You play as COG and choose from MEDIC, SOLDIER, ENGINEER and SCOUT they all have different weapon sets and abilities. You have to stop the LOCUST from destroying the generator. As the LOCUST you are essentially playing BEAST MODE from gears 3, get kills/points and unlock the teirs of new creatures. Once the round is over you swap sides and are either COG defending or LOCUST attacking.

That sounds pretty interesting. Honestly that seems to be the only thing appealing to me to get this game.
1Nightmare1 48
 
Posts: 432
Joined: 08 Jan 2012, 22:28
Location: United States

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 20 Feb 2013, 00:43

Coulson1990 wrote:That isn't gears of war. That is a joke to gears vets.


As a Gears 'vet' I'd love to hear your reasoning there or did you just want the same game again?
Image

Currently own: PS4, PS3, PS2, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360, NES, SNES, Megadrive
User avatar
KK-Headcharge78 60
 
Posts: 4746
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 13:47
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby squiddly » 20 Feb 2013, 01:20

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
Coulson1990 wrote:That isn't gears of war. That is a joke to gears vets.


As a Gears 'vet' I'd love to hear your reasoning there or did you just want the same game again?


Agreed (I am level 100 blue on Gears 3), I will wait to play it before I give my opinion. Although I would like KOTH instead of domination.
squiddly 49
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:58

Re: Gears of War: Judgement gameplay video gets hands dirty

Postby richomack360 » 20 Feb 2013, 14:11

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
As a Gears 'vet' I'd love to hear your reasoning there or did you just want the same game again?


Same.

Answers please.
Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
richomack360 59
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3532
Joined: 25 May 2011, 08:55
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: richomack360


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GlynCR, StonecoldMC, zippy1979 and 10 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]