to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS trailer appears online

Your comments on our articles.

Handheld version out this summer

The Nintendo 3DS trailer for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D has appeared online, after its release on the eShop last week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS trailer appears online

Postby bagofbones » 18 Feb 2013, 17:04

Looks identical to the Wii version except for a lower resolution. Wonder what other Wii games could be ported to the handheld.
bagofbones 43

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS trailer appears online

Postby Balladeer » 18 Feb 2013, 20:15

THAT ****ING BAT! AAAAAARGARGHGARARGAGHAAAAAAARGH!
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby goggy » 18 Feb 2013, 20:49

I never played the Wii version, but trying to get it on the cheap for a while now. Becoming hard to find now.

Is it going to be a full price game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby fyckfaco » 19 Feb 2013, 01:17

I must admit, intrigued by this..

Was it actually any good? I wonder... One of the reasons i loved 2d rare games was their difficulty. The Donky Kong games weren't overly hard, but they were much more challenging to complete 100% than most Nintendo games. Even Super Mario World didn't match DK country's shear scale and secrets. TBH I get pretty fed up with the "you need to go this way" icons that Nintendo have littered their games with in the last 10 years, i don't think i could bare that from a DK game :S
All i need is the music and monkeys to enjoy DK, DKC 64 failed on one of those counts. Maybe Nintendo did a better job?
fyckfaco 33

Postby Dalaeck » 19 Feb 2013, 07:39

This was a very good game, and to answer the previous poster's question: it was hard. In some places very HARD. It's a classic.
Dalaeck 42

Postby Balladeer » 19 Feb 2013, 09:00

Fyckfaco: See my post above. Yes it's hard. Swear-inducingly so.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby xJohnOx » 19 Feb 2013, 14:43

Looks great. I miss playing on a Nintendo console. I'm really tempted to buy a 3DS this year. Just a couple more big name game reveals, and I will take the plunge! :D
xJohnOx 20