to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield 3 End Game DLC: new screens and details

Your comments on our articles.

March's expansion offers four maps, fresh game modes and vehicles

DICE has revealed new details about Battlefield 3's End Game DLC.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Gambini » 18 Feb 2013, 12:22

It's maps like these that are tempting me back to BF3... I traded my PS3 copy in months ago in protest against the horrible input lag. But with news that it's supposedly fixed (on HDTVs at least) and great looking maps like this, I'm getting very tempted again... :cry:
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby illage2 » 18 Feb 2013, 12:24

What no new weapons? :(
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC: new screens and details

Postby 360_Fan » 18 Feb 2013, 12:45

Really want to get back into this game.
Damm you Borderlands.
360_Fan 61

Postby HelloLadies » 18 Feb 2013, 12:54

The graphics look amazing but all the maps just start to look the same after a while. Woodland, desert or snow outpost/facility. Where are the dense inner city maps with sky scrapers to fly in and out of or an oceanic titan mode with aircraft carriers or lush thick jungle? A lot of the maps just look like the same structures with a different environment air brushed over it.
HelloLadies 52

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Feb 2013, 12:58

HelloLadies wrote:The graphics look amazing but all the maps just start to look the same after a while. Woodland, desert or snow outpost/facility. Where are the dense inner city maps with sky scrapers to fly in and out of or an oceanic titan mode with aircraft carriers or lush thick jungle? A lot of the maps just look like the same structures with a different environment air brushed over it.

But that requires investing in time and resources. Why bother when the same stuff will sell in the thousands? That's the EA way.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheMid » 18 Feb 2013, 13:08

Hmmmn look very much like BFBC2 maps to me...
TheMid 38

Xbox Live: TheMiDxx
PSN ID: The-MiDxx

Postby Two Pennys Worth » 18 Feb 2013, 13:45

Bf3 one of the best games to come out this gen imo. Bf4 and Destiny are the two main reasons i'm looking forward to next gen so much. Great job DICE/EA.
Two Pennys Worth 56

Postby fat_tony2001 » 18 Feb 2013, 14:07

Two Pennys Worth wrote:Bf3 one of the best games to come out this gen imo. Bf4 and Destiny are the two main reasons i'm looking forward to next gen so much. Great job DICE/EA.

Totally agree. I don't play multiplayer games all that much usually, maybe just to get the achievements, but I've been absolutely hooked on BF3 online since first trying it. I think it's the fact that you can still get high scores and do well without having to be a twitch-god killing machine. Very few experiences in gaming beat the feeling when you get a good squad communicating and working well together to dominate a match.
Wha's in cherge?
fat_tony2001 47

Xbox Live: Obi TW0

Postby lifebrink » 18 Feb 2013, 14:23

Alaann wrote:I own bf3 its a digital copy,I dont have premium,would I be able to buy the disc version of bf3 premium use the codes in the box and sell the disc,would that upgrade my digital copy to a premium account.

Yes I think that would work although I am aware that the system does distinguish between digital and optical games so maybe you cant idk!

How much is the game on disc compared to the premium price? Worth the risk?
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 63

PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 18 Feb 2013, 16:39

Nice but waaaaay too late for me, sold BF3 and while back after armoured kill and the extended period of dlc means I got bored of BF3 (super game as it was) new maps every once in blue moon is too long EA, for me at least (+the last two map backs have looked a little boring frankly comopared to karkand and Armoured kills which was epic)

Less boring gaming hilarity on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Video of the week; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAeYL7eAdI
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 18 Feb 2013, 16:42

lifebrink wrote:
Alaann wrote:I own bf3 its a digital copy,I dont have premium,would I be able to buy the disc version of bf3 premium use the codes in the box and sell the disc,would that upgrade my digital copy to a premium account.

Yes I think that would work although I am aware that the system does distinguish between digital and optical games so maybe you cant idk!

How much is the game on disc compared to the premium price? Worth the risk?

It would work and to be honest have a look on Ebay for 2nd hand copies still with the codes, you'd be surprised how many are not used.

Less boring gaming hilarity on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Video of the week; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAeYL7eAdI
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby Audest_Oggust » 18 Feb 2013, 17:36

gmcb007 wrote:
HelloLadies wrote:The graphics look amazing but all the maps just start to look the same after a while. Woodland, desert or snow outpost/facility. Where are the dense inner city maps with sky scrapers to fly in and out of or an oceanic titan mode with aircraft carriers or lush thick jungle? A lot of the maps just look like the same structures with a different environment air brushed over it.

But that requires investing in time and resources. Why bother when the same stuff will sell in the thousands? That's the EA way.

@gmcb007, I'm guessing you've never actually played the game. Just because two maps feature the same type of scenery does not mean they play the same. For instance, at first glance, Caspian Border could be compared to Armored Shield, but if you actually play them, you'll learn that they are completely different in that Armored Shield is about 5-6 times larger, and is more vehicle oriented. You don't have to hate on EA just because it's "cool." If you're going to hate on them, find a valid reason for doing so.

@HelloLadies, "Where are the dense inner city maps with sky scrapers to fly in and out of?" Have you never played Markaz Monolith, Gulf of Oman, or Sharqi Peninsula? All three of these maps feature what you described the game is lacking in.
Like the funny? Support us at -- https://www.youtube.com/user/berriesbulletsbandgs
Audest_Oggust 57

Xbox Live: Audega
PSN ID: NodAtTheBird147

Postby Audest_Oggust » 18 Feb 2013, 17:38

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Nice but waaaaay too late for me, sold BF3 and while back after armoured kill and the extended period of dlc means I got bored of BF3 (super game as it was) new maps every once in blue moon is too long EA, for me at least (+the last two map backs have looked a little boring frankly comopared to karkand and Armoured kills which was epic)

You missed out, Aftermath was a lot more fun than I initially thought it would be.
Like the funny? Support us at -- https://www.youtube.com/user/berriesbulletsbandgs
Audest_Oggust 57

Xbox Live: Audega
PSN ID: NodAtTheBird147

Postby HelloLadies » 18 Feb 2013, 18:07

Audest_Oggust wrote:
gmcb007 wrote:

@gmcb007, I'm guessing you've never actually played the game. Just because two maps feature the same type of scenery does not mean they play the same. For instance, at first glance, Caspian Border could be compared to Armored Shield, but if you actually play them, you'll learn that they are completely different in that Armored Shield is about 5-6 times larger, and is more vehicle oriented. You don't have to hate on EA just because it's "cool." If you're going to hate on them, find a valid reason for doing so.

@HelloLadies, "Where are the dense inner city maps with sky scrapers to fly in and out of?" Have you never played Markaz Monolith, Gulf of Oman, or Sharqi Peninsula? All three of these maps feature what you described the game is lacking in.

Its ok. Don't get your knickers in a twist because I think the maps look recycled and uninspired. Just more desert with a dusty beige dilapidated group of buildings and the token crane. If you think any of the maps even come close to the images below its time to get those cataracts removed.

http://leadership.uoregon.edu/upload/im ... ngkong.jpg

http://hongkongvisa.org/hong-kong2.jpg

http://www.billycanu.com/wp-content/upl ... ngle2.jpeg

http://photosntravel.com/wp-content/upl ... orable.jpg

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/ ... 305740.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6183/6141 ... 97ef_z.jpg
HelloLadies 52

Postby iamfozzy » 18 Feb 2013, 19:19

The Aftermath DLC has dense innercity maps with skyscrapers which you can fly into(into the building through earthquake cracks not crash into) as well as between! Back to karkand DLC has tight city maps,Wake island and gulf of oman which are aircraft carrier fests,and my guess is that the air supiriority/end game will have some water like the mode in BF1942/3.lastley Close quarters DLC puts 24 player in a building if u want it real dense.

Battlefield is not COD and has never had many dense innercity maps,hence the title battleFIELD.What more do you want MOTORBIKES?End game DLC.
iamfozzy 1
New user

Next