to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PlayStation Meeting site updates with 'Evolution' video

Your comments on our articles.

Sony details making of PSOne in preparation for NYC event

Sony has updated its PlayStation Meeting website with a 'PlayStation Evolution' video detailing the creation of PSOne.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PlayStation Meeting site updates with 'Evolution' video

Postby Drusus » 16 Feb 2013, 00:33

Is it wrong to be this excited this early, it feels like waiting for christmas as a kid. I want this to be incredible. It's been too long.
Drusus 58

Re: PlayStation Meeting site updates with 'Evolution' video

Postby LordVonPS3 » 16 Feb 2013, 01:50

That's not a touch pad on the front of the new joypad in the photo. It's a touch screen running a personal user menu feat. friends lists, battery, etc.
LordVonPS3 57

Postby JPTiger » 16 Feb 2013, 02:18

LordVonPS3 wrote:That's not a touch pad on the front of the new joypad in the photo. It's a touch screen running a personal user menu feat. friends lists, battery, etc.

No it's a touch pad. If you notice the very small and numerous circle, triangle, square and cross symbols on the rectangular area for the touch pad. That's the same as the touch pad on the back of the vita.
JPTiger 41

Postby Web Des » 16 Feb 2013, 04:02

Drusus wrote:Is it wrong to be this excited this early, it feels like waiting for christmas as a kid. I want this to be incredible. It's been too long.

I feel the same.. The ps2 is back in a new body! Ps4 ftw!
Web Des 2
New user

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 16 Feb 2013, 08:17

PS1 was way better for me than the Sega Saturn, shows that even if the console if more powerful, like the saturn, which was also too complicated to make games for, it doesn't always succeed.

I hope Sony go back to basics with PS4 and make it easier to work with than PS3 as that has had a lot of problems with games working on it e.g Skyrim to name a few. :wink:
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 38

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby Drusus » 16 Feb 2013, 11:45

JPTiger wrote:
LordVonPS3 wrote:That's not a touch pad on the front of the new joypad in the photo. It's a touch screen running a personal user menu feat. friends lists, battery, etc.

No it's a touch pad. If you notice the very small and numerous circle, triangle, square and cross symbols on the rectangular area for the touch pad. That's the same as the touch pad on the back of the vita.

The image you're talking about is a mock image CVG keeps using. The two pics of the prototype don't have the vita symbols they just have a black touchpad, it may be the same as the vita when announced but we've yet to see it and at this stage anything is possible.
Drusus 58

Postby shadowsblaze » 18 Feb 2013, 20:01

Old Skool Gamer wrote:PS1 was way better for me than the Sega Saturn, shows that even if the console if more powerful, like the saturn, which was also too complicated to make games for, it doesn't always succeed.

I hope Sony go back to basics with PS4 and make it easier to work with than PS3 as that has had a lot of problems with games working on it e.g Skyrim to name a few. :wink:

The Saturn console was not more powerful than the PS1. Yes, it could produce 2D graphics alot better than the PS1, but the original Playstation was superior when it came to 3D graphics.
shadowsblaze 55