to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Aliens: Colonial Marines patch released

Your comments on our articles.

Update fixes multiple campaign and online issues

Sega has released an Aliens: Colonial Marines patch for consoles and PC featuring fixes for a range of campaign and multiplayer issues.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby illage2 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:29

Why does the game need "Performance" improvements. The game performs just fine for me, not had a single issue with the game so far. No frame rate drops, no lag, no crashes. If it isn't broke don't fix it.
ImageImage
illage2 52

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Josh298 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:31

games seems unfinished from what i seen on reviews every review complained about the same thing glitches n all that jazz
Josh298 43

Postby moogiesboy » 13 Feb 2013, 12:32

Hmmm... was kinda hoping the patch would fix the appalling graphics and naff gameplay. Oh well. :(
moogiesboy 48

Xbox Live: lazyboyjones
PSN ID: neutronbomb
Battle.net: lazyboyblue

Postby leprechaun75 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:34

not a good sign to see so many bugs from a game that's donkeys years in development.
leprechaun75 41

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines patch released

Postby Acesbomb » 13 Feb 2013, 12:37

illage2 wrote:Why does the game need "Performance" improvements. The game performs just fine for me, not had a single issue with the game so far. No frame rate drops, no lag, no crashes. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

I have had stutter in single player and co-op when you reach a checkpoint. Agree though, only real issue I have come across.

HI REZ Texture pack for PC please Sega.
3770kk @ 4.6ghz
R9 290X crossfire
Dell 30" 1600p
16GB Corsair Dominator
Acesbomb 45

Postby Jensonjet » 13 Feb 2013, 12:40

I wish they'd fix the issue whereby gamers who don't own the game whine about it!
Jensonjet 47

Postby ingy » 13 Feb 2013, 13:09

Jensonjet wrote:I wish they'd fix the issue whereby gamers who don't own the game whine about it!

Priceless :lol:

Sadly, this is the internet and we're all experts at judging what we've never tried, i always find it strange how quickly we put complete and utter trust in reviewers and their personal opinions, iv'e played many games this generation that have been panned by the reviewers and have gone on to really enjoy them.

In fact by and large, most of the higher scoring AAA titles have for me been a big let down, i think it's just about enjoying what YOU like rather than what you're told to like.

I'm not saying this game isn't bad, after all i've never played it but i don't quite understand the witch hunt mentality of most of the posters on here, who also have not tried it.
ingy 63

Postby TheRandyNinja » 13 Feb 2013, 13:18

if the embargo wasn't a good enough sign the game was bad the reviews all agree so it does make me chuckle that theres all ways somebody who says the games perfect. but you would think its great because you preordered a game on blind faith and when it turns out terrible after shelling out all that money you convince yourself that your purchase is justified and people are missing out admitting defeat is just not an option. i hope many have learnt a lesson and think before you preorder for that so called worth while dlc gun and stay clear of anything with a review embargo if there game was so good they would shout about it from the rooftops not prevent anybody from knowing anything about it until its to late and pops through your door. And before you judge i was unlucky enough to play this if you haven't bought or tried it enjoy spending the money on something more worth while :)
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby allygray69 » 13 Feb 2013, 13:33

Can I just say, having played for several hours with 3 other mates on the PC with the CO-OP campaign I dont quite understand all the slating this game has received. Yes theres bugs and weird glitches here and there and not exactly hard on the hardest setting. But last night was the biggest laugh I have had in a long time online. With the exploding aliens, me at the back and jumping up and down instead of staying still, aliens running over to my team mates in a fit of rage and blowing them up one by one. very funny . £20 well spent for me anyway.
allygray69 56

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby Welsh Jester » 13 Feb 2013, 13:50

Does the game even have a Radial menu for voice commands like in L4D?.. from what i've seen of game footage, i don't see it to be appealing to me like L4D or Killing Floor.. those 2 are still top of my list for Co-op fun.
Welsh Jester 46

PSN ID: PerfectChaos

Postby FlacidDonkeyGuy » 13 Feb 2013, 14:06

Acesbomb wrote:
illage2 wrote:Why does the game need "Performance" improvements. The game performs just fine for me, not had a single issue with the game so far. No frame rate drops, no lag, no crashes. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

I have had stutter in single player and co-op when you reach a checkpoint. Agree though, only real issue I have come across.

HI REZ Texture pack for PC please Sega.

A list of some basic ini tweaks for unreal 3 engine games http://www.ehow.com/how_6454232_tweak-u ... ngine.html
FlacidDonkeyGuy 35

Xbox Live: FlacidDonkeyGuy
PSN ID: Raviolay
Steam: Raviolay

Postby robspur » 13 Feb 2013, 14:08

Still wont make the game any good though.... :cry:
robspur 27

Postby c97dem » 13 Feb 2013, 14:15

An HD texture pack type patch would not go amiss on consoles, some really bad graphical glitches.

Bishops white bloop in the Sulaco hanger at his legs, on xbox and PS3 it shows blue diagonal lines through it.

One level was running towards a big crate, when i got close to it, it took 4 seconds to load the texture, then when i turned slightly to the left, the texture went and then took a good 5-10 seconds to load.

That and the wee stutter/anti aliasing stuff, should not really be happening at this sort of age of the current consoles....

Should also see Gearbox' facebook, people have called for them to go bankrupt, idiots! BIA and Borderlands are 2 superb franchises, just a shame when they take over a franchise (DNF) or outsource a franchise (Aliens), they get royally f**ked up
c97dem 54

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby Mobius01 » 13 Feb 2013, 15:04

Acesbomb wrote:HI REZ Texture pack for PC please Sega.

THIS!!

(click to enlarge)
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby ingy » 13 Feb 2013, 16:01

TheRandyNinja wrote:if the embargo wasn't a good enough sign the game was bad the reviews all agree so it does make me chuckle that theres all ways somebody who says the games perfect. but you would think its great because you preordered a game on blind faith and when it turns out terrible after shelling out all that money you convince yourself that your purchase is justified and people are missing out admitting defeat is just not an option. i hope many have learnt a lesson and think before you preorder for that so called worth while dlc gun and stay clear of anything with a review embargo if there game was so good they would shout about it from the rooftops not prevent anybody from knowing anything about it until its to late and pops through your door. And before you judge i was unlucky enough to play this if you haven't bought or tried it enjoy spending the money on something more worth while :)

I believe call of duty had an embargo on release, as do many titles these days, it didn't stop several million people buying that and i personally find the game to be rubbish.

You are one of the very few who have tried the game and are entitled to your opinion, but most people just follow others blindly and are quite ferocious with their comments and seem to revel in their quest to spoil it for as many people as possible.

I haven't played it myself and must admit it maybe one to try first, at least before i slate it.
ingy 63

Next