to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

EA exec on Medal of Honor: 'We should have done better'

Your comments on our articles.

Hilleman says developer Danger Close needs more key production talent

One of the longest serving executives within EA has criticised the quality and design approach in building shooter Medal of Honor: Warfighter.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

EA exec on Medal of Honor: 'We should have done better'

Postby richomack360 » 13 Feb 2013, 11:28

"And we didn't have the quality of leadership we needed to make [Medal of Honor] great. We just have to get the leadership aligned."

As creative director shouldn't you be part of this "aligning" process ?
Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richomack360 59
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Re: EA exec on Medal of Honor: 'We should have done better'

Postby HelloLadies » 13 Feb 2013, 14:08

We should have done better

No s**t pal.

Eurogamers review sums it up pretty well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ter-review
HelloLadies 50

Postby The Bossman » 13 Feb 2013, 14:33

They trod the line between realism and fantasy, releasing a game that was underpowered in terms of OTT action, yet nowhere near realistic enough, leaving you with a confused game. COD gives you OTT action all the time in the campaign, whereas Operation Flashpoint gives you complete tactical long range battles with wind compensation and all the rest of it. MOH has a mishmash of both and it doesn't work. Graphically the game is pretty pathetic too especially in multiplayer.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby gmcb007 » 13 Feb 2013, 15:33

Balls that CoD had no effect on MoH. EA are obsessed with beating Activision as proved with that ridiculous bitch fight the 2 publishers had in 2011. EA are the worst offenders in following the futile dream that the CoD audience can be stolen off Activision.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 62

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby EvilWaterman » 13 Feb 2013, 15:39

The Bossman wrote:They trod the line between realism and fantasy, releasing a game that was underpowered in terms of OTT action, yet nowhere near realistic enough, leaving you with a confused game. COD gives you OTT action all the time in the campaign, whereas Operation Flashpoint gives you complete tactical long range battles with wind compensation and all the rest of it. MOH has a mishmash of both and it doesn't work. Graphically the game is pretty pathetic too especially in multiplayer.

You sum it up perfectly my good man!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 51

Postby vulcanraven01 » 13 Feb 2013, 16:12

I think EA need to decide what they want this franchise to be.
Is it a COD clone or is it trying to be something else.
I think the main problem is that they didn't want to replicate COD, but they didn't want to compete with Battlefield, so it was somewhere in between. That's what hurt the game. It didn't have an identity.
I think it's for the best they give the franchise a rest for a few years. Take the time to reinvent it and hopefully come back with something that can stand on two feet against COD and Battlefield.
vulcanraven01 58

Postby Xbot4life » 13 Feb 2013, 16:29

I played the beta and overall did not like it. I will say though, the first MOH reboot was very fun. Although it didnt have many maps, I thought the gameplay and map layouts were solid. Sad to see such a poor sequel. Ill just stick to BF3 and FC3 for awhile.

Hopefully BF4 wont strip all the DLC from 3 just to have DLC options. (gunship, CTF, cross bow, etc...) I personally dont like DLC, but i will buy it when i enjoy the game. I just think sequels should add to a series and not take away yet again for DLC. They should have everything from 3 in place when 4 releases and add new things to that. BF4 better have everything day 1 that BF3 had after all DLC is released.
blah blah blah blah blah, I don't care about your clever response, only proves me right.
Xbot4life 29