Rayman creator and dev team protest Legends delay

Your comments on our articles.

Photos appear online with slogan: "Release Rayman. Support Ubi Montpellier"

Images have appeared online showing Rayman creator Michael Ancel appearing to protest his employer's decision to delay Rayman Legends.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Rayman creator and dev team protest Legends delay

Postby Zaphod_B » 12 Feb 2013, 16:58

The bad press is rampant...surely, surely someone at Ubisoft must have gotten it through their thick skull that releasing theWiiU version of the game this or next month would be entirely positive for their image and sales?
"Never eat more that 2 Pan-Galatic Gargle Blasters unless you are a 30-ton Mega Elephant with Broncal Phemonia"
Zaphod_B 44

Re: Rayman creator and dev team protest Legends delay

Postby karkify » 12 Feb 2013, 17:20

I hope they do release it. As others have mentioned before, releasing it now mean it will sell well on Wii U, which in theory should get other other console owners interested, and have them planning to buy it come their release. Releasing them side by side, especially in September is suicide, especially for the Wii U version and because GTA5 is out in the same month.
To summarise, put a plaster on this wound right now, or enjoy the massive balls up come September.
karkify 51

Postby El Mag » 12 Feb 2013, 17:26

I wish them luck, but more than likely the poor bastards will end up getting sacked or being found dead in suspicious circumstances now.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Balladeer » 12 Feb 2013, 17:26

Right, between them the above posters have said everything that needs to be said on this topic. We need to find another one now. Hm.

I put it to you that olives are horrible, on pizza or anywhere else. Who's with me?
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby Hey Pablo » 12 Feb 2013, 17:29

I actually see Ubisoft's point here. Xbox + PS3 has a combined user base of over 150 million while the Wii U has a fraction of that.

If they're in it to make money, makes sense to release multiplatform like the vast majority of this generation's games.
Hey Pablo 38

Postby diablomaster000 » 12 Feb 2013, 17:30

a rayman title isnt going to save the wii u from its failure this console is going to be the end of nintendo. no one wants to look at a two screens to play a video game.
diablomaster000 55

Postby Balladeer » 12 Feb 2013, 17:40

diablomaster000 wrote:a rayman title isnt going to save the wii u from its failure this console is going to be the end of nintendo. no one wants to look at a two screens to play a video game.

Pffft.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby richomack360 » 12 Feb 2013, 17:58

Balladeer wrote:I put it to you that olives are horrible, on pizza or anywhere else. Who's with me?

What about on nachos ?
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby Vhyper1985 » 12 Feb 2013, 18:15

Hey Pablo wrote:I actually see Ubisoft's point here. Xbox + PS3 has a combined user base of over 150 million while the Wii U has a fraction of that.

If they're in it to make money, makes sense to release multiplatform like the vast majority of this generation's games.

I don't think thats really the issue, fans aren't happy because the WiiU version is finished & ready to ship by the sounds of it & since most owners & non WiiU owners have been complaining about a lack of decent games for the 1st quarter it would make sense for Ubisoft to release it now on WiiU & get more sales while there is less competition from the likes of Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101 & Pikmin 3.

Most WiiU owners aren't concerned with it being multiplatform (i know i'm not) at the end of the day i'd rather see more people play this game & increase it's chances of the series surviving but releasing it in September is daft especially with GTA V & possibly a new CoD out around the same time..

I just hope the devs complaining might get through to someone at Ubisoft, they've had to spend a lot of time away from friends & family all for their game to be delayed..
Vhyper1985 53

Postby mrlister » 12 Feb 2013, 18:31

Clearly Ubisoft has received money from Sony andor Microsoft to delay this game. They are the only ones to benefit from a simultaneous.
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii

Postby Farmboy74 » 12 Feb 2013, 18:46

The only thing I'm going to say on this matter is why don't Nintendo buy out Ubisoft Montpellier??
Back to other topic olives on pizza no way, they should be banned along with anchovies!!, Nachos there alright don't mind Mexican myself
Farmboy74 53

Postby SuperCinos » 12 Feb 2013, 18:49

This petition has garnered quite a few signature's since announcement of the delay:

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft ... -the-wii-u

Any chance CVG can add this to the report?
SuperCinos 54

Postby Don Diablo » 12 Feb 2013, 18:54

I realise I may be putting two and two together to make five here but I'm going to say it anyway: I honestly believe that either the PS Orbis or Xbox Infinity (or whatever they'll be called) will be released in September this year. Why so? Mainly because neither Sony nor Microsoft have intimated any releases beyond that point in the year. But also, ask yourself this: why would a publisher as big as Ubisoft see fit to lump two of it's biggest releases of the year into the same month when it is usually so careful to space them apart (see Assassin's Creed III, Zombi U and Far Cry 3 last year)? Like I said, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but Splinter Cell and Rayman from them in the same month? It's just... odd.

Also Balladeer I completely agree, olives are vile. In any context.
The foulest 'F' word of all is... "Franchise"
Don Diablo 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 12 Feb 2013, 19:01

Balladeer wrote:Right, between them the above posters have said everything that needs to be said on this topic. We need to find another one now. Hm.

I put it to you that olives are horrible, on pizza or anywhere else. Who's with me?

This is something I'll have to agree with you on. I went to a mates for the superbowl and he had a selection of them with various colours and stuffings. I told him one variety was preferable to the others so he left them for me. At the end he asked why I hadn't had anymore to which I replied they're preferable but still shite.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby BeansOnToast » 12 Feb 2013, 19:20

richomack360 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:I put it to you that olives are horrible, on pizza or anywhere else. Who's with me?

What about on nachos ?

Or on a cocktail stick in a dirty Martini?
BeansOnToast 30

Next