to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Xbox Entertainment Studios wants to 'pioneer the future

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft plans to launch over 40 voice-controlled apps in 2013

Microsoft has opened a new LA-based studio called Xbox Entertainment Studios.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Xbox Entertainment Studios wants to 'pioneer the future

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Feb 2013, 11:44

All sounds very exciting and possibly the way we will connect with shows and events in the future.

Just make sure Europe and more specifically the UK get some love this time MS!!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: New Xbox Entertainment Studios wants to 'pioneer the fut

Postby flyfletch » 12 Feb 2013, 11:52

StonecoldMC wrote:All sounds very exciting and possibly the way we will connect with shows and events in the future.

Especially this MS!! :)
flyfletch 71

Postby Barry316 » 12 Feb 2013, 11:57

Smashing, new ways to hurl abuse at One Direction songs and Adam Sandler films.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby chunkyboymania » 12 Feb 2013, 12:04

Don't think interactive tv will really ever be more than a fad... look at how the BBCs red button service was fazed out beacaue it was crap.

Think TV will always be best enjoyed passively they should concentrate on games with their new tech in my opinion.
Sho Ryu Ken and that!!
chunkyboymania 55

Postby richomack360 » 12 Feb 2013, 12:08

StonecoldMC wrote:All sounds very exciting and possibly the way we will connect with shows and events in the future.

Sounds alright, but will only take notice when I can FINALLY stick two fingers up at the BBC and not pay them for producing such amazing programmes starring John Barrowman and the rest of the self appeasing luvvies.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby HelloLadies » 12 Feb 2013, 12:12

The first thing that springs to mind for me is new ways to advertise.
HelloLadies 50

Postby woodins » 12 Feb 2013, 12:28

richomack360 wrote:

Sounds alright, but will only take notice when I can FINALLY stick two fingers up at the BBC and not pay them for producing such amazing programmes starring John Barrowman and the rest of the self appeasing luvvies.

Never gonna happen mate. The beeb is about fairness and equality, not about competition and product quality.
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby billysastard » 12 Feb 2013, 13:40

will this voice control work? at present it seems to think the tv keeps saying "xbox" and unless i pause the tv it never understands me.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby richomack360 » 12 Feb 2013, 14:31

woodins wrote:Never gonna happen mate. The beeb is about fairness and equality, not about competition and product quality.

Really hoping that was tongue in cheek....
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby flyfletch » 12 Feb 2013, 14:42

woodins wrote:
Never gonna happen mate. The beeb is about fairness and equality, not about competition and product quality.

You are joking, right??
flyfletch 71

Postby sammikid » 12 Feb 2013, 15:04

"Yes, we started with video games, but we have been on a journey to make Xbox the centre of every household's entertainment."
Yup, I want a games console, not a Set Top Box. The reason I moved away from xbox 4 years ago considering their direction.
Seems to be the reaction from most of the core crowd, across numerous gaming sites if these rumours on MS nextbox hold any fervour.
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby Get Over Here » 12 Feb 2013, 16:21

richomack360 wrote:

Really do not agree with this BBC-hating sentiment.

You know I thought the same as you until I stopped and realised what I was actually watching on the TV. Most of my days are spent watching BBC4 (incredibly informative history, art and culture shows) and their odd good prog on the two main channels.

Never watch entertainment trashy ITV, teenage-centric Channel 4 or the just downright low-budget Channel 5.

I mean the nature programme productions on the BBC are surely world-beating (Attenborough) and again that more niche output on BBC4 is un-equalled. There was a recent series about British woodworking - Grinling Gibbons etc/

Anyway this is the wrong place for this 8)
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby Toasted_PSP » 12 Feb 2013, 16:51

Get Over Here wrote:Really do not agree with this BBC-hating sentiment.

You know I thought the same as you until I stopped and realised what I was actually watching on the TV. Most of my days are spent watching BBC4 (incredibly informative history, art and culture shows) and their odd good prog on the two main channels.

Never watch entertainment trashy ITV, teenage-centric Channel 4 or the just downright low-budget Channel 5.

I mean the nature programme productions on the BBC are surely world-beating (Attenborough) and again that more niche output on BBC4 is un-equalled. There was a recent series about British woodworking - Grinling Gibbons etc/

I agree BBC4 is one of the best channels on TV and the BBC make many of the best documentary programs in the world.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby Get Over Here » 12 Feb 2013, 18:53

Toasted_PSP wrote:
Get Over Here wrote:Really do not agree with this BBC-hating sentiment.

I agree BBC4 is one of the best channels on TV and the BBC make many of the best documentary programs in the world.

Happy someone else likes that channel, it's a real gem. We should be glad we have the BBC imo, especially if you see the state of the tv in virtually any other country!
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby Audest_Oggust » 12 Feb 2013, 20:05

sammikid wrote:"Yes, we started with video games, but we have been on a journey to make Xbox the centre of every household's entertainment."
Yup, I want a games console, not a Set Top Box. The reason I moved away from xbox 4 years ago considering their direction.
Seems to be the reaction from most of the core crowd, across numerous gaming sites if these rumours on MS nextbox hold any fervour.

I don't understand everyone's negative reaction to the inclusion of entertainment apps to the Xbox. I've been an Xbox fan since 2001, so I think I would include myself in your "core crowd." The inclusion of these entertainment apps is just adding options for people that want to use them, and if you don't want to use them, then don't! They aren't hindering you or getting in your way of playing games in any way at all, so why not just ignore them, play what you want to play, and let those that want to take advantage of the entertainment apps use them as well? It's not as if Microsoft has completely stopped supporting their roots (video games) in favor of TV/Movie/Music apps. It's an all-in-one bundle so that you never have to turn your Xbox off. I play games on my 360 daily, but when they released Netflix and Hulu Plus years ago, I abandoned my cable company and signed up immediately, and I don't regret it at all. I no longer have to wait for something interesting to come on TV, and I don't have to pay-per-view something that could already be on Netflix. Xbox offers cheaper and more efficient and entertaining alternatives for people that want to use them. It's not as if they're changing their video game studio into an entertainment studio, because as the article reads, they opened a new entertainment studio, keeping everything else in tact. They still, and will always, have their video games division, and it's not going anywhere but up, so I don't see why the purists can't open their eyes and realize that they aren't the only people that want to use the Xbox. I've heard of people buying 360s just because they have all of the entertainment apps, and it's their right to do so. You play your games, let them use their Xbox how they want.
Like the funny? Support us at -- https://www.youtube.com/user/berriesbulletsbandgs
Audest_Oggust 56

Xbox Live: Audega
PSN ID: NodAtTheBird147

Next