Gas Powered Games cancels Wildman Kickstarter

Your comments on our articles.

Dev to focus on "other ways" to keep firm running

Gas Powered Games has cancelled the Kickstarter fund for its 'evolutionary action RPG' Wildman.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gas Powered Games cancels Wildman Kickstarter

Postby namtrooper » 12 Feb 2013, 07:17

How about they make a new Supreme Commander with the map size and unit amount rivaling the first supreme commanders.
Or finish up planetary annihilation. Or maybe help whoever bought the Company of heroes 2 title finish it.

Or give EA a hand to finish the new Command and Conquer..... I just want a new RTS ALREADY!
namtrooper 8
New user

Re: Gas Powered Games cancels Wildman Kickstarter

Postby Uzi77 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:08

A Supreme Commander 3 with maps like the first, but performance and ease of use like the second would have smashed that target. I hope GPG doesn't go under because of this terrible idea...
Uzi77 54

Postby AndyR » 12 Feb 2013, 14:26

Unfortunately Square Enix now owns the SupCom IP as part of the sequel deal, otherwise I imagine they would've gone with that instead.
AndyR
CVG Staff

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 12 Feb 2013, 14:54

Uzi77 wrote:A Supreme Commander 3 with maps like the first, but performance and ease of use like the second would have smashed that target. I hope GPG doesn't go under because of this terrible idea...

It wasnt a terrible idea though. I pledged money for this. It sounds really damn good. I just hope it still gets made.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby pherik » 12 Feb 2013, 15:07

Uzi77 wrote:A Supreme Commander 3 with maps like the first, but performance and ease of use like the second would have smashed that target. I hope GPG doesn't go under because of this terrible idea...

trying using a Scale and economy Mod for SC2. That will resolve the map size issues and will tweak the economy to be similar to the original SC.
pherik 52

Postby Malmo » 12 Feb 2013, 17:31

A kickstarter in general is not the way to go unless you have something truly groundbreaking or unique. Wildman looked good, but I never saw it getting near they're target, even a new supreme commander would struggle on kickstarter. It may go on to sell well, but over a million on kickstarter would be a stretch. If they want to kickstart something, a far cheaper, easier and likely to gather more interest approach would be to bring the original total annihilation to android/ios. Sure it's unlikely to guarantee long term survival, but it's likely to gain more of a kickstarter backing than a decent looking pc exclusive. Either way I hope they come up with something that'll keep them going.
Malmo 63

PSN ID: dead2theworld

Postby Uzi77 » 12 Feb 2013, 18:02

AndyR wrote:Unfortunately Square Enix now owns the SupCom IP as part of the sequel deal, otherwise I imagine they would've gone with that instead.
Shame, how come they aren't working on SupCom3 now then? Has Square-Enix finished with them?

pherik wrote:trying using a Scale and economy Mod for SC2. That will resolve the map size issues and will tweak the economy to be similar to the original SC.
I might give that a try next time I play SupCom2.

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:It wasnt a terrible idea though. I pledged money for this. It sounds really damn good. I just hope it still gets made.
Each to their own, but I just didn't feel anything for this, and I adored Total Annihilation, and both the SupComs. At least there is always Planetary Annihilation http://planetaryannihilation.com/
Uzi77 54