The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for Wii U will not come

Your comments on our articles.

Decision based on 'customer demand' - Activision

Activision's forthcoming The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will not release in Australia on the Wii U, it has been confirmed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for Wii U will not come

Postby karkify » 11 Feb 2013, 04:27

The lucky buggers.
karkify 51

Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for Wii U will not c

Postby 360_Fan » 11 Feb 2013, 04:40

With the amount of shite that gets released these days accross all platforms, this is a suprise.
I think there is more than what they are saying.
360_Fan 62

Postby stealth » 11 Feb 2013, 04:59

much more into the wii u revelations retail port. Didnt know It had off tv play
stealth 47

Postby SpandexArmstrong » 11 Feb 2013, 05:14

I swear its like nobody has experienced a consoles launch period before! Of course the user base isnt gonna be a million billion people after 2 and a bit months! Yet it happens EVERY time a new console launches!!!
But anyway, nobody is gonna miss your lame Walking Dead cash in Acti. In fact I'll be surprised if it sells much on all consoles/PC as March has some games that are actually anticipated coming out that month.
SpandexArmstrong 45

PSN ID: Me0wgRavY

Postby stealth » 11 Feb 2013, 05:22

SpandexArmstrong wrote:I swear its like nobody has experienced a consoles launch period before! Of course the user base isnt gonna be a million billion people after 2 and a bit months! Yet it happens EVERY time a new console launches!!!
But anyway, nobody is gonna miss your lame Walking Dead cash in Acti. In fact I'll be surprised if it sells much on all consoles/PC as March has some games that are actually anticipated coming out that month.

Really great post.
stealth 47

Postby 360_Fan » 11 Feb 2013, 06:06

SpandexArmstrong wrote:I swear its like nobody has experienced a consoles launch period before! Of course the user base isnt gonna be a million billion people after 2 and a bit months! Yet it happens EVERY time a new console launches!!!

What does this have to do with the launch? I read that there is no demand for it here, yet the other platforms are getting it.
If you want to talk about launch, you have about 2 weeks before it's been out 3 months. Launch window over. What do you think is going to happen during that time? Time to stop using that excuse now I think.
360_Fan 62

Postby Robzy1990 » 11 Feb 2013, 09:48

I own all consoles, I never play my ps3 due to lack of exclusives that interest me and the shoddy online. I use to play my Xbox all the time but then I got my wii u. The wii u is a far better designed console than my Xbox. It's slow OS is still faster than NXE or whatever it's called now, it's miiverse means gamers actually chat instead of party with a select few friends, and it's free online service hasn't giving me any problems, yet its still FREE and isn't chocked full of advertisements.

People knocking the wii u need to try it. It might not have the catalogue of games it needs but once you've played it your Xbox instantly feels like the dated 7 year tech it is. The controller feels boring, the dash looks childish (yes ironic I know), sluggish and you realise you've been staring at a giant billboard for years. To make it worse your paying for the privilege.
Robzy1990 38

Postby superfruit » 11 Feb 2013, 13:31

Robzy1990 wrote:I own all consoles, I never play my ps3 due to lack of exclusives that interest me and the shoddy online. I use to play my Xbox all the time but then I got my wii u. The wii u is a far better designed console than my Xbox. It's slow OS is still faster than NXE or whatever it's called now, it's miiverse means gamers actually chat instead of party with a select few friends, and it's free online service hasn't giving me any problems, yet its still FREE and isn't chocked full of advertisements.

People knocking the wii u need to try it. It might not have the catalogue of games it needs but once you've played it your Xbox instantly feels like the dated 7 year tech it is. The controller feels boring, the dash looks childish (yes ironic I know), sluggish and you realise you've been staring at a giant billboard for years. To make it worse your paying for the privilege.

Only about 9 months until the Wii U feels dated like the last gen technology it is soon to be.
superfruit 50

Postby StonecoldMC » 11 Feb 2013, 13:48

superfruit wrote:
Robzy1990 wrote:I own all consoles, I never play my ps3 due to lack of exclusives that interest me and the shoddy online. I use to play my Xbox all the time but then I got my wii u. The wii u is a far better designed console than my Xbox. It's slow OS is still faster than NXE or whatever it's called now, it's miiverse means gamers actually chat instead of party with a select few friends, and it's free online service hasn't giving me any problems, yet its still FREE and isn't chocked full of advertisements.

Only about 9 months until the Wii U feels dated like the last gen technology it is soon to be.

9 months?

If the tinterweb is to be believed, then it could look dated by the 20/02/13.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby thelazyone » 11 Feb 2013, 14:25

StonecoldMC wrote:
superfruit wrote:Only about 9 months until the Wii U feels dated like the last gen technology it is soon to be.

9 months?

If the tinterweb is to be believed, then it could look dated by the 20/02/13.

Its not gonna be, remember the first games on the ps3 and 360, looked like slightly cleaner versons of ps2/xbox games.

The same will happen again, will take 2 to 3 years before limitations will be obvious but then we don't even know the specs of the next batch of machines. It might be wise to wait before posting outlandish statements.
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby Robzy1990 » 13 Feb 2013, 14:50

superfruit wrote:

I didn't say it made other consoles feel outdated due to its graphics. Besides the latest rumours suggest the ps4 is going to focus on new ways to play rather than stunning graphics so I wouldn't make statements like that just yet. Regardless though the original wii and 3ds destroyed the competition in terms of sales, so obviously graphics aren't everything. ;)
Robzy1990 38