Crytek: Next gen launch games 'might not look much different

Your comments on our articles.

Gamers will be "astonished" by the similarity, says studio boss

Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli doesn't expect there to be much disparity between Crysis 3 and the first wave of games for the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby laslowoodbine » 08 Feb 2013, 15:08

b*****ks..
laslowoodbine 51

Postby le_don » 08 Feb 2013, 15:09

Yeah... people can also just look at PC screenshots and see what next gen console graphics will look like. Crazy that :roll:
le_don 50

Postby middle finger » 08 Feb 2013, 15:10

I've heard that last time and I've played c2 on ps3.
middle finger 68

Re: Crytek: Next gen launch games 'might not look much diffe

Postby MisterBedo » 08 Feb 2013, 15:15

laslowoodbine wrote:b*****ks..

Why?
GT: MrBedo
I gave Brucie the goat at Twickenham.
MisterBedo 64

Postby TheLastDodo » 08 Feb 2013, 15:17

That'll be Crytek fecked then, they might have to focus on something other than teh grafix.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Spider82 » 08 Feb 2013, 15:18

Its not the graphics that has me excited about the next gen. Its the possibility's of what devs will be able to give us. Ultra realistic physics, bigger MP scale, more memory for more options....the list is endless.
Spider82 37

Postby Drusus » 08 Feb 2013, 15:20

Honestly it depends a lot on optimisation, as the architecture is not new to them they should get things running at about that level at launch with the years after allowing them to really push the system way beyond where people think it could go now, making the OS less powerful nicking any bit of extra power from any extra source, rubbing the engine with cheetah blood.

I expect it'll keep up with PC's at the level of a 3570k with a GTX660 Ti at launch, you can say I'm mad but the optimisation will be instantly a gazillion times better with the new consoles. They will find ways to make it look very close if not a little better. Two years after though when they've pushed PC's more there's simply no way they can catch up again. Even with pushing the systems in four years PC games will have left them in the dust, with the sheer amount of people interested in developing for pc now thanks to steam It's hard to see consoles surviving the whole gen.

Who knows though right, gonna be exciting either way. I just hope the new consoles focus on benefits other than graphics, I don't want the same games prettier, I want more.
Drusus 59

Postby richomack360 » 08 Feb 2013, 15:34

Wow this guy is like a broken record...

Shame the gameplay has stank on every version of Crysis,

LOOK AT ME MY GAMES HAVE THE BEST GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE PAY ME AND MY STUDIO SOME ATTENTION PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby EvilWaterman » 08 Feb 2013, 15:36

Spider82 wrote:Its not the graphics that has me excited about the next gen. Its the possibility's of what devs will be able to give us. Ultra realistic physics, bigger MP scale, more memory for more options....the list is endless.

Exactly this!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 55

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby vulcanraven01 » 08 Feb 2013, 15:46

This statement translates to; "We aren't releasing Crysis 3 on next-gen consoles, so please buy it upon release. Although we haven't seen any next-gen games so we say *MIGHT* look on par with our game. Now please give us your money."
vulcanraven01 59

Postby Cogglesz » 08 Feb 2013, 15:58

To be honest, after playing the beta BF3 looks better in my opinion, the beta is heavily un-optimized, its like they've spent most the time adding tiny minor things like more bushes and what not just to chugg up the speeds and say it looks awesome, Think i know why Crysis 2 had so little floral and was basically just in a linear pathed city, i've had a shot of it, played it for less than 15 minutes before it got shut down, Skyrim ENB looks better with the Floral overhaul, Now i did beta test BF3 and it ran pretty sluggish too, its expected of PC Beta's of this nature but i feel it looked better than crysis 3, it feels like the engine wasn't designed to go as high as there trying to get it, while frostbite 2 is beautifully optimized, i'm sure the actual game will run fine when its out but that beta test was horrible, it didn't look anything like the pictures and i had it on the maximum setting.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 60

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby shev » 08 Feb 2013, 16:06

EvilWaterman wrote:
Spider82 wrote:Its not the graphics that has me excited about the next gen. Its the possibility's of what devs will be able to give us. Ultra realistic physics, bigger MP scale, more memory for more options....the list is endless.

Exactly this!

This!

(if it is said more times, more people might get it!)
shev 46

Postby Gambini » 08 Feb 2013, 16:13

...and I'm sure he won't change his tune when Crysis 4 is released on next-gen hardware :roll:

Idiot.
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby JOHNKARA » 08 Feb 2013, 16:13

I AM LEGEND is probably the most overrated movie in the history of cinema.........let's hope Crysis 3 is not the most overrated game in the history of gaming.......
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Postby Solm » 08 Feb 2013, 16:14

'might not look much different to Crysis 3' = You can bet your sweet life Next Gen will look 10 times better than this'
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Next