to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

R18+ rating for God of War: Ascension

Your comments on our articles.

Game blocked from sale in Queensland

God of War: Ascension has been rated R18+ in Australia, and will not be sold in Queensland, according to a report.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby 360_Fan » 08 Feb 2013, 03:51

Always thought it would be such a good job as a gamer to work on the ratings board. You basically get to play the games so much earlier than everyone else and get paid for it. They could however just send videos of the worst parts that might push the boundries. I'll just stick to my fantasy that some lucky bastard gets to play the s**t out of these games months before release. :D
360_Fan 61

Postby HelloLadies » 08 Feb 2013, 04:11

Not surprising really. Queensland is always the last one to the party on anything progressive.
HelloLadies 51

Re: R18+ rating for God of War: Ascension

Postby Willypiggy » 08 Feb 2013, 09:56

360_Fan wrote:Always thought it would be such a good job as a gamer to work on the ratings board. You basically get to play the games so much earlier than everyone else and get paid for it. They could however just send videos of the worst parts that might push the boundries. I'll just stick to my fantasy that some lucky bastard gets to play the s**t out of these games months before release. :D

That's usually what happens, a long video showing the "worst" parts is sent to the boards who give it a rating. If anything is left out of the video which is in actual release then they are heavily fined.
Willypiggy 47

Postby cupoftea » 08 Feb 2013, 10:04

That sucks feel bad for gamers overthere.
cupoftea 36

Postby sammikid » 08 Feb 2013, 14:44

I'd be disappointed if the game wasn't banned somewhere! Would mean Santa Monica aren't pushing those GOW boundaries
sammikid 61

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby noblehouse » 08 Feb 2013, 21:50

360_Fan wrote:Always thought it would be such a good job as a gamer to work on the ratings board. You basically get to play the games so much earlier than everyone else and get paid for it. They could however just send videos of the worst parts that might push the boundries. I'll just stick to my fantasy that some lucky bastard gets to play the s**t out of these games months before release. :D

Great when a game like this comes along but think of all the shovelware you would have to rate each week. Could get really tedious.
noblehouse 31