to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 3: 12 million sales boost Ubisoft's Q3

Your comments on our articles.

Far Cry 3 has sold-in over 4.5 million units, and Just Dance 4 eight million

Ubisoft has reported strong growth in sales for the third financial quarter and nine-month period ending December 31.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed 3: 12 million sales boost Ubisoft's Q3

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 07 Feb 2013, 18:03

Assassins Creed 3 really p**sed me off last night. Finished the main story, with all the (pointless, annoying, unnecessary, and in my eyes, game-ruining) optional objectives. I was clearing up on side missions and stuff, and i came across the hunting challenge 'Complete the Hunting Map'. This is where it went wrong.

I have got all animals, except one in Black Creek, a Bobcat. I just cannot find one anywhere! I have searched every inch of Black Creek, for hours upon hours, and not one of them will spawn. I have done the Hunting Mission to kill one in that area, but guess what, the bobcat decided to top itself during the chase, and i couldn't find it's body anywhere. I have tried everything I can think of, have even tried going back a few sequences and hunting during the missions. Nothing works.

So in my quest for 100%, i will have to restart the game, go through all those tedious optional objectives, and hope the game doesn't screw itself up in the process!

Ubisoft, if you could do anything with the next AC game, please make sure it functions fully and, in my opinion, take the optional objectives out. They deter from what made the first 2 games in the series fun.

(I know you can ignore them, hence optional, but my inner completionist doesn't let me do that, as i hate seeing only 50% sync'd or something to that effect at the end of a mission. Feels like i haven't completed it at all)
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: 12 million sales boost Ubisoft's Q3

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Feb 2013, 18:51

I'm completely shocked that Far Cry 3 has sold 4.5m in under 3 months. Don't get me wrong, it's a very fun game but wow.......has it been in a steam sale for a full month or something?

12 million sales of Assassins Creed 3 is disappointing, I say this with no hyperbole and I speak only for myself:

Assassins Creed 3 is comfortably the most boring game I've played in years.

Incredibly slow paced, outdated combat, rubbish setting, dull characters, can't decide if it wants to be a movie or a tutorial. Personally when I hear people say ".....this is everything that's wrong with AAA games" Assassins Creed 3 is what I'll think of.
TheLastDodo 77