to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Aliens: Colonial Marines - extended CGI trailer spits acid

Your comments on our articles.

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for?" This new CGI trailer will give it you

It's just under a week to go now until Aliens: Colonial Marines lock 'n loads for release and publisher Sega has just released a brand new extended CGI trailer to tease and tantalise you in the days leading up to its debut.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Aliens: Colonial Marines - extended CGI trailer spits acid

Postby c97dem » 07 Feb 2013, 17:03

This is an old trailer (albeit slightly longer), from last year, I remember the movie "Moon" theme being used for it.

But still no word of a review, even just a time or date of when the embargo from Sega get's lifted! Not that I am not buying it (it's already been posted), just want to read about it and how it plays.
c97dem 54

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - extended CGI trailer spits ac

Postby Dalaeck » 07 Feb 2013, 18:06

Moon was excellent sci-fi.
It's a decent trailer but the physics is wrong in places and neither aliens nor marines move fast enough, disregarding the slow-motion.
It's unfortunate the gameplay is completely standard moronic FPS and they didn't try anything really interesting. The aliens move at the predictable, now standard, slow and obvious, easily targetable. The predator prey aspect is lost, no pun intended, the exploration aspect is lost, and that was the real hope for the game standing out.
You and your team are not supposed to survive. Basic theme missed.
Sigh... oh well. Jump in a shoot things. Again. Pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_VnoLyrfdY
Pity.
Dalaeck 42

Postby freds1 » 07 Feb 2013, 18:41

Moon! That was it, it was on recently wasn't it? I couldn't remember where I heard it from :wink:

Anyway, can this possibly live up to the hype? Probably not, it'll be a half decent game but I don't think it'll blow my socks off. Hope I'm wrong, though I won't be buying it day one.
No need to be careful what you wish for, you probably won't get it.
freds1 55

Postby MrPirtniw » 07 Feb 2013, 18:48

I concur- Moon is a fantastic film.

As for Colonial Marines? It's going to be a case of wait and see- the premise and nostalgia factor have got me reaching for my wallet, the gameplay videos have me putting it away again.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby richomack360 » 07 Feb 2013, 21:18

Rather have a review please
Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby illage2 » 08 Feb 2013, 05:18

Take ......

My ......

Damned .......

MONEY!!!!!!!
ImageImage
illage2 52

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby flyfletch » 08 Feb 2013, 08:09

Im starting to get worried that there are no reviews of this yet, thats usually a bad sign!! I have been looking forward to this game for a long time, but im not prepared to be stung, so im cancelling my pre order till its reviewed.

**Edit**

No im not! Its seems the fecking thing has been posted! (Shopto are too good sometimes ;) ) Sega/Gearbox, you screw me over im coming for ya!!
Go ahead and add me on PS3, 360 & Wii U, please note! Weirdo's will be blocked immediately :)
flyfletch 68

Xbox Live: Flyfletch
PSN ID: FlyFletch
Wii Code: Wii U code Fletch76
Steam: Flyfletch1976

Postby c97dem » 08 Feb 2013, 12:01

There isnt actually an "embargo" so to speak, had a discussion with someone who works for a games website on the CM official forums last night....

Most places only received there review copies yesterday from Sega, so while no official "embargo"...Sega have been quite slow in getting review copies out to magazines and sites for review.

Still have been waiting years for this game, it has my money already, mates are getting it....so rock on! Even if it sucks the big one, I will still say I love it, cause i have just been so freakin hyped for this game (if i admit it sucks, will get ribbed for freakin ages over that lol)
c97dem 54

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79