to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GTA V latest: We discuss next-gen, the delay and more

Your comments on our articles.

Rockstar sleuth Dan Dawkins correctly called GTA V's major themes before anyone else, and now his scarily-accurate detective work forms the basis of our weekly show, GTA 5 O'Clock, posted every Wednesday at 5pm over on our YouTube channel.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

GTA V latest: We discuss next-gen, the delay and more

Postby Vinyl9ire » 07 Feb 2013, 11:27

Considering the delay , i think it could be cross platform , meaning the core game will release on current gen systems
with all future DLC maybe being considered for next gen , if this is the case , backward compatibility is a certainty .
Vinyl9ire 3
New user

Re: GTA V latest: We discuss next-gen, the delay and more

Postby patiotom » 07 Feb 2013, 11:59

Come on people NO PC DATE and a couple of NEXT GEN CONSOLES, it really really really that hard to work out that this will end up on both!! No matter what Rockstar say about the quality of this game is on the PS3 and Xbox it will not see its true potential on those systems THEY KNOW IT! WE KNOW IT! Now let them "RINSE" the last few million from this gen before we take them both behind the barn with a shot gun!!
patiotom 34

Postby cult » 07 Feb 2013, 12:04

A U version that utilises the the gamepad as the in-game fruit-pad.
Use facemug, download fruitlets, browse and play bazinga games.

All exclusive and available through the Totally Where its at mobile network.
Download the TW@let from the fruit store

Oh and next gen version exclusive to PlayStation 4.

All terrible terrible lies
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 62

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Postby Noobsaibot » 07 Feb 2013, 13:30

I genuinely lolled at the picture :lol:
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby riskyfrisky » 07 Feb 2013, 13:33

It was pretty obvious that GTA5 wouldn't be released during the Spring because there was no specific release date and pre-ordering wasn't available at all. Now, all of a sudden, we get a six month delay and a specific release date.

I honestly don't think there was any intention of releasing GTA5 during Spring. I can't honestly believe that it takes another 6 months of quality control to ensure we get the best of GTA; they've had over four years already.
riskyfrisky 16

Postby budge » 07 Feb 2013, 14:52

The really really real reason it was delayed is because Rockstar fretted for months worrying about the reaction to telling everybody that it was delayed!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby Beebop10 » 07 Feb 2013, 15:34

Would seem pretty stupid to launch a game that will be being thoroughly overshadowed at the time by all the next gen titles' gameplay trailers. Gamers will be saving to buy those along with the new consoles at Christmas. If the plan really is to go head to head against the next gen it's a mad strategy. I mean, Watch Dogs type visuals[presuming it's next gen] versus GTA Vs? It would be a hard sell for GTA V.
Beebop10 41

Postby vulcanraven01 » 07 Feb 2013, 18:01

I don't care what they say, it's coming out on next-gen consoles, probably around the same time as the eventual PC version.
Otherwise, I can't see the sense in delaying a game to possibly a couple of months away from potential next-gen consoles being released, which would in turn divide your initial user base if the game wasn't also released on these console.
Of course, if they support backwards compatibility, then it's not that big of a deal, but who wants to play a game limited back current-gen technology, when there's the possibility of taking advantage of technology on par with PC's?
There's also the question about how future DLC would work.

I wouldn't be shocked to see an announcement at E3 or something.
Safe to say I'll be holding off from pre-ordering though just in case!
vulcanraven01 59

Postby CatfishMurphy » 07 Feb 2013, 22:01

Beebop10 wrote:Would seem pretty stupid to launch a game that will be being thoroughly overshadowed at the time by all the next gen titles' gameplay trailers. Gamers will be saving to buy those along with the new consoles at Christmas. If the plan really is to go head to head against the next gen it's a mad strategy. I mean, Watch Dogs type visuals[presuming it's next gen] versus GTA Vs? It would be a hard sell for GTA V.

While it might not quite have the sales of CoD; there is no bigger event in gaming than a new GTA game. I don't think they've got much to worry about...
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby CatfishMurphy » 07 Feb 2013, 22:04

vulcanraven01 wrote:I don't care what they say, it's coming out on next-gen consoles, probably around the same time as the eventual PC version.

I wouldn't be shocked to see an announcement at E3 or something.

Nah, they'll adopt the Nintendo DS strategy of "get the first version out, wait until it's sold a fair bit and then announce the new version that everyone wanted in the first place, so hopefully everyone who bought it the first time will buy it again anyway"
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby Barca Azul » 08 Feb 2013, 14:27

Id bet money on having finished the game by the time a new console hits Europe TBH.

They cant/wont give any details of other formats, until formats are public at least.

@Dan, do you read comments/questions from the CVG website or you tube?

in regards to characters dying in missions, I could see a potential that if one out of 3 died in a multi character mission then potentially that character would end up in a hospital and you could continue, unless the character was mission specific relevant. You might even have to pick them up from the hospital after, similar to a mission in GTA IV (Dwayne mission i think, if he died during it).
Barca Azul 62