to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

THQ's top executives let go

Your comments on our articles.

Employment of CEO, president and strategy officer terminated

Leading executives from bankrupt publisher THQ have officially been let go.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

THQ's top executives let go

Postby Pika2346 » 06 Feb 2013, 22:28

Lol, "terminated". By EA, probably.
Pika2346 37

Re: THQ's top executives let go

Postby HelloLadies » 07 Feb 2013, 04:48

a sea of bad decisions

Of which these jackals were probably either responsible for or signed off on.
HelloLadies 50

Postby Xbot4life » 07 Feb 2013, 05:20

I dont read numbers, but could someone explain how they sank? The Saints Row games and a yearly WWF game seems (to me at least) like a cash cow alone. Then you can add all the other games! Did they just blow the money on coke and woman? Seems like they would have millions and millions?
blah blah blah blah blah, I don't care about your clever response, only proves me right.
Xbot4life 29

Postby billysastard » 07 Feb 2013, 09:31

Xbot4life wrote:I dont read numbers, but could someone explain how they sank? The Saints Row games and a yearly WWF game seems (to me at least) like a cash cow alone. Then you can add all the other games! Did they just blow the money on coke and woman? Seems like they would have millions and millions?

for each title that sold well there was a homefront, darksiders 2, red faaction and u-draw, high cost titles that didnt sell well enough even great titles like metro didnt sell to expectations, throw in anti consumer, anti family passes decimating the number of online players very quickly and you have a downward spiral of "well it has online but their last online game was empty in a few weeks so i'll skip on buying this one".

anyway as for the execs, frankly they should have been the first out of the door and if there was any justice they'd be living on the dole so their families could "benefit" from their own greedy attempts to damage the legal preowned market.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon