to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Blizzard opens teaser site for 'Project Blackstone'

Your comments on our articles.

Mysterious site seemingly linked to upcoming StarCraft 2 expansion

Blizzard has launched a teaser site for something called 'Project Blackstone'.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Blizzard opens teaser site for 'Project Blackstone'

Postby schubacca » 06 Feb 2013, 14:18

Blizzard and Valve in my opinion are living off the goodwill of their fans.

Diablo 3 was mediocre as was StarCraft 2. The years that we wait for content from Blizzard does not translate in better games.

Torchlight 2 and Supreme Commander 2 now lead the way in their respective genres.

Regarding Valve, I thoroughly enjoyed Half-Life 1 and 2. The problem is that I cannot remember the bloody story because it has been so long.

Valve is now a company more interested in making hardware and pimping Steam that anything else. And until I play anything new from them, I will remain skeptical as to what they bring to the digital entertainment landscape.
schubacca 35

Re: Blizzard opens teaser site for 'Project Blackstone'

Postby Legendeer » 06 Feb 2013, 14:44

schubacca wrote:Blizzard and Valve in my opinion are living off the goodwill of their fans.

Diablo 3 was mediocre as was StarCraft 2. The years that we wait for content from Blizzard does not translate in better games.

Torchlight 2 and Supreme Commander 2 now lead the way in their respective genres.

Regarding Valve, I thoroughly enjoyed Half-Life 1 and 2. The problem is that I cannot remember the bloody story because it has been so long.

Valve is now a company more interested in making hardware and pimping Steam that anything else. And until I play anything new from them, I will remain skeptical as to what they bring to the digital entertainment landscape.

Blizzard are without a doubt.
Which is why this years Blizzcon will be a make or break show for them. They have to salvage Diablo 3 somehow, Maintain interest in WoW by announcing a new expansion as well as unveiling their new IP the MMO titan. I very much hope that they pull it off rather than treading water like they have been for the last 3-4 years.

Valve are pretty fine though, releasing one critically acclaimed game every year (Or every other year, depending on your opinion of some games) as well as turning steam into the monster it is today. No doubt they've got something special to show us soon, as they currently have NOTHING in confirmed development (Only the ongoing Dota 2 beta development which is FANTASTIC)
Legendeer 44

Steam: Legendeer