to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Rebooted Hitman film named 'Agent 47'; Paul Walker to star

Your comments on our articles.

The Fast and the Furious star to lead

Fox International Productions will reboot Hitman under the name Agent 47, marking the franchise's second fling with the silver screen.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Rebooted Hitman film named 'Agent 47'; Paul Walker to star

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 06 Feb 2013, 05:12

First got a lot of ribbing but I quite liked it. Olyphant played it cool in my opinion, cold but an underlying curious side that was humorous. Not sure Walker could pull this off. I wonder too if Vin Diesel will be producing this one?
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: Rebooted Hitman film named 'Agent 47'; Paul Walker to st

Postby sbradley88 » 06 Feb 2013, 07:48

Why do they keep casting the wrong people to play 47!? Olyphaunt (or whatever) was okay but you just can't shave any actor bald and call him Agent 47. If they want any kind of resemblance they need someone with a square-er chin, which both Olyphaunt and Walker lack...
sbradley88 56

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby HelloLadies » 06 Feb 2013, 08:24

I thought the first Hitman film sucked the big one. A terrible portrayal of 47 and a ridiculous convoluted story. If the same guy is writing the second film I am already of the frame of mind that its going to be trash. The film needs to be written from the perspective of the people chasing 47 and show snippets of his handy work to sustain the mythology and intrigue of his anti hero, almost villainous nature. I just don't think this franchise can be translated in the same way a Lara Croft or Nathan Drake game can be.

It should be a gritty, dark thriller that has you hanging in suspense at every turn. Not an action film where 47 is contorted into another protagonists role. The first film lost me when explosives were used against a SWAT team as a means of escape. The fact they have cast Paul 'Can Barely Act' Walker in the role as 47 is the last nail in the coffin for this one.

Dead on arrival.
HelloLadies 50

Postby stonecold77 » 06 Feb 2013, 08:34

HelloLadies wrote:I thought the first Hitman film sucked the big one. A terrible portrayal of 47 and a ridiculous convoluted story. If the same guy is writing the second film I am already of the frame of mind that its going to be trash. The film needs to be written from the perspective of the people chasing 47 and show snippets of his handy work to sustain the mythology and intrigue of his anti hero, almost villainous nature. I just don't think this franchise can be translated in the same way a Lara Croft or Nathan Drake game can be.

It should be a gritty, dark thriller that has you hanging in suspense at every turn. Not an action film where 47 is contorted into another protagonists role. The first film lost me when explosives were used against a SWAT team as a means of escape. The fact they have cast Paul 'Can Barely Act' Walker in the role as 47 is the last nail in the coffin for this one.

Dead on arrival.

Fine whatever but I love the games so I'll be giving this a chance
PSN : STONECOLD77
Gaming since 1983.... DAMN I'M GETTING OLD.
stonecold77 52

Postby runadumb » 06 Feb 2013, 09:20

The first film was okay, not terrible IMO.

Reboot away!
runadumb 61

Postby lonewolf2002 » 06 Feb 2013, 09:25

runadumb wrote:The first film was okay, not terrible IMO.

Reboot away!

Yeah I agree the first was an ok popcorn flick, enjoyed Tim Elephant as 47 (not perfect but not horrendous), I do have reservations about Walker playing 47 but until its made and I have seen it I'll keep my mind open. 8)
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby alexkidd » 06 Feb 2013, 09:58

Paul Walker will play Agent 47, who is best known for his role in The Fast and the Furious.

Nice sentence structure there lads, I LOVED Agent 47 in The Fast and the Furious, it was his best role to date.

On another note well done studio execs

exec 1: we are going to do another Hitman
exec 2: the bald assassin film? You know who would be good in that
exec 1: who?
exec 2: That one from the Fast and the Furious
exec 1: yeah he would be ace.. Paul Walker get him hired
exec 2: will do (leaves room)
exec 1: (to himself) loved him in Pitch Black, if ever there was a bald guy that could capture the role of an assassin it would be him, as opposed to that douche that played the good guy.
PSN alexkidd001
Wii 3654 9621 4657 1564 4855 6426 8436 8425 6565 8425 5658 5468 4256 9582 1674 5684 2556 4...
alexkidd 51

Postby shaftymorgan » 06 Feb 2013, 10:07

alexkidd wrote:
Paul Walker will play Agent 47, who is best known for his role in The Fast and the Furious.

Nice sentence structure there lads, I LOVED Agent 47 in The Fast and the Furious, it was his best role to date.

On another note well done studio execs

exec 1: we are going to do another Hitman
exec 2: the bald assassin film? You know who would be good in that
exec 1: who?
exec 2: That one from the Fast and the Furious
exec 1: yeah he would be ace.. Paul Walker get him hired
exec 2: will do (leaves room)
exec 1: (to himself) loved him in Pitch Black, if ever there was a bald guy that could capture the role of an assassin it would be him, as opposed to that douche that played the good guy.

Nice one :D
shaftymorgan 38

Postby laslowoodbine » 06 Feb 2013, 10:30

Well I liked the first Hitman film and thought Olyphant was probably the best thing about the film and as so cringe at the thought of Paul (I play every role the same way) Walker. Don't get me wrong some of his films have been enjoyable but he's a movie star rather than a movie actor.
laslowoodbine 48

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 06 Feb 2013, 10:52

A last resort reboot, shot by a commercials director, written by one of the worst scribes in Hollywood (already responsible for the awful first film) ? Count me in! :mrgreen:

As for Paul Walker, even if I find this particular bit of casting to be quite strange at best, he's not a terrible actor. In fact, he was quite good in Running Scared. But that film's script was way beyond Skip Woods' capacity as a writer so I'm not holding my breath.
Stan_Goodspeed 58

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby quain-chi » 06 Feb 2013, 11:32

They should have cast the guy who played Cesar in mientras duermes (sleep tight), he would be amazing as 47.
quain-chi 57

Postby budge » 06 Feb 2013, 14:37

Verne Troyer. He'd be perfect!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 65

Postby Sleepaphobic » 06 Feb 2013, 15:11

Can't wait to hear him say bro every 5 seconds.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby silent moose » 06 Feb 2013, 15:57

lmfao this is the funniest thing I've read in ages

Diana: Be careful 47, it might be dangerous

Agent 47: My pockets aint empty cuz
silent moose 40

Postby BLARRG » 06 Feb 2013, 16:20