Sniper Elite V2 coming to Wii U

Your comments on our articles.

GamePad features include enemy tracking

Sniper Elite V2 is headed to Wii U, developer Rebellion and publisher 505 Games have both confirmed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sniper Elite V2 coming to Wii U

Postby c97dem » 05 Feb 2013, 14:11

I liked this game, until it did the inevitable run and gun bits, if just purely a stealth shooter, then it would have been better
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Re: Sniper Elite V2 coming to Wii U

Postby Boab Dreeps » 05 Feb 2013, 15:10

I loved this game!

But...it's a bit old now. When I say 'old' I mean; 'you can pick up a reasonably priced pre-owned copy'.
Did I love it enough to shell out for a 'soon to be obsolete console' just so I can play the same game with some touch pad gimmick?...erm...no. No, I did not.
However, I will continue to play it on my 360, every month or two.
Boab Dreeps 14

Postby DiamondDogs » 05 Feb 2013, 16:43

Boab Dreeps wrote:I loved this game!

But...it's a bit old now. When I say 'old' I mean; 'you can pick up a reasonably priced pre-owned copy'.
Did I love it enough to shell out for a 'soon to be obsolete console' just so I can play the same game with some touch pad gimmick?...erm...no. No, I did not.

I won't be picking this up on my own Wii U and it probably cost the company 4 dollars to make this port. I agree I don't see much point but whatever. And I completely disagree about your "Obsolete console" comment. That's ridiculous.
DiamondDogs 61

Postby ingy » 05 Feb 2013, 17:58

DiamondDogs wrote:
Boab Dreeps wrote:I loved this game!

I won't be picking this up on my own Wii U and it probably cost the company 4 dollars to make this port. I agree I don't see much point but whatever. And I completely disagree about your "Obsolete console" comment. That's ridiculous.

IF, and that's a big if, the big two release their consoles this year then i fear it will quickly become obselete.

I mean come on, when the ps4 and 720 hit the stage with huge new titles ready at launch, the wii-u will be standing at the back of the theatre promising us that a new mario or zelda will be here eventually 'yawn' possibly on what looks to be an underpowered console........it doesn't look good does it.
ingy 64

Postby darthjam » 05 Feb 2013, 19:33

Oh yes, ps4 and 720 will be more powerfull than skynet, and arrive with a full compliment of revolutionary games - if you think so.
darthjam 32

Postby ingy » 05 Feb 2013, 19:59

darthjam wrote:Oh yes, ps4 and 720 will be more powerfull than skynet, and arrive with a full compliment of revolutionary games - if you think so.

and you think it will be different because....?
ingy 64

Postby charliecheswick » 05 Feb 2013, 22:20

ingy wrote:
darthjam wrote:Oh yes, ps4 and 720 will be more powerfull than skynet, and arrive with a full compliment of revolutionary games - if you think so.

and you think it will be different because....?

He's probably suggesting that the new Xbox will launch with the two exclusive ip's that sell,you know,the two shooty-shooty bang-bang games that've had ten games in two generations....eight in this gen alone. Got a point,no?
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto