to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Miyamoto: Nintendo has not fully communicated Wii U appeal

Your comments on our articles.

"We wanted to immediately communicate the Wii U's value, but could not"

Nintendo design guru Shigeru Miyamoto has insisted his development teams are resisting the distraction of the Wii U's disappointing sales performance.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby richomack360 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:05

It seems to me that we have a larger challenge in how to have many people understand the value of this hardware

In other words: We need to convince people as to the point of this console with an option of purchasing it
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby Agent75 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:09

The Wii U is on the back burner. Once things start happening with the Xbox 720 and PS4, there will be a Wii U price drop. But if the Xbox 720 and PS4 weigh in at a high price, Nintendo will sit back and see how it goes with the current price, but retailers have started to discount them anyway. For the Wii U to go down the same road as the Wii, it needs to come in at £199.99. Nintendo Land is never a full priced game, it should be boxed with the console. But I still say that Nintendo worst decision in its history is no hard drive with the Wii U, not even a hard drive bay. To think that in 2005, the Xbox 360 came with a 20GB hard drive. Nintendo joined high def gaming way too late and it's never really been into online gaming. Since the SNES, Nintendo have made way too many mistakes. I'm convinced that the Wii U is heading for Dreamcast Land.
Agent75 48

Re: Miyamoto: Nintendo has not fully communicated Wii U appe

Postby PMIKE5 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:12

It's nice to see Nintendo in the news again after so long. Good for them.
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Feb 2013, 11:13

What's hard to understand? It's basically a big, new & improved DS.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby illage2 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:23

I've said it once and I'll say it again give the console time before hating on it. Personally I think the WiiU is awesome and I hope to see more exclusives for it. Remember that the console hasn't even been out a year yet.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby veato » 05 Feb 2013, 11:26

"features..... it requires a certain amount of time for people to understand them"

Or..... the "features" aren't interesting or attractive enough to warrant buying the console. But I want to thank Miyamoto for insulting my intelligence. Silly me for not understanding the features.

It's not like I particularly dislike the console and I certainly have nothing against Nintendo I just have zero urge to buy a Wii U. I really don't think it's because I don't understand the features.
What I'm Playing Most: Ni No Kuni (PS3) / Titanfall (XBO) / Kerbal Space Program (Mac/PC) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

BLOG
veato 48

Xbox Live: veato
PSN ID: veato666
Steam: veato

Postby Barry316 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:28

Elsewhere in the investor meeting, Nintendo company president Satoru Iwata confirmed that Nintendo will launch new software in 2013 that has yet to be announced.

Well you'd bloody well hope so wouldn't ya!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby richomack360 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:36

illage2 wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again give the console time before hating on it. Personally I think the WiiU is awesome and I hope to see more exclusives for it. Remember that the console hasn't even been out a year yet.

So why has Miyamoto,and Iwata et al come out with articles and quotes to suggest they are not happy with it, telling people they need to "understand" their product ? Are they haters too, or do they realise they have layed a bit of a duff egg ?

I just don't see the point of the WiiU, played on it, didn't like it - probably because I don't "understand it" in a nice patronising kind of way.
Last edited by richomack360 on 05 Feb 2013, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby Tao » 05 Feb 2013, 11:37

TheLastDodo wrote:What's hard to understand? It's basically a big, new & improved DS.

I really think they missed a trick not calling it the "Wii DS". An accurate description that also ties it in with the rest of the DS family. I even went so far as to send them an email about it, but they ignored my advice, the fools. The fools!

Ahem, yes.

I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES, often from launch if I could afford it at the time, but my interest in getting a Wii U at the moment is virtually nil, so Nintendo really need to work hard to bring in the PS3/360 crowd, and they clearly haven't done enough.
Tao 50

PSN ID: TaoJude

Postby chamony » 05 Feb 2013, 11:59

its like hes saying just buy one and eventually you'll learn to love it..... a bit like an arranged marriage
chamony 39

Xbox Live: 1amGOD
PSN ID: 1amGOD
Steam: 1amGOD

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Feb 2013, 12:09

chamony wrote:its like hes saying just buy one and eventually you'll learn to love it..... a bit like an arranged marriage

:lol:

Nintendo targeting that as yet untapped market, Stockholm Syndrome sufferers.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby TOKEN » 05 Feb 2013, 12:35

richomack360 wrote:
It seems to me that we have a larger challenge in how to have many people understand the value of this hardware

In other words: We need to convince people as to the point of this console with an option of purchasing it

Mistakes will cost any company,imo ninty need to get people excited with their hidden projects,or even make a mmo for their console unique abilities.A price drop i believe will help nintendo,they can't charge £300 when the other two come this year with their low end spec(new current gen console).
Valve Steam Box please make it happen.Maybe not?
TOKEN 51

Xbox Live: ILL SAVE YA
PSN ID: TOKEN_CVG
Wii Code: 5632-4064-3535-4012

Postby richomack360 » 05 Feb 2013, 12:41

TOKEN wrote:Mistakes will cost any company,imo ninty need to get people excited with their hidden projects,or even make a mmo for their console unique abilities.A price drop i believe will help nintendo,they can't charge £300 when the other two come this year with their low end spec(new current gen console).

A MMO wouldnt work on the WiiU, the online capabilities are just terrible. They will not price drop as that will send the panic alarm into overdrive.

The console isn't that unique, I don't know why people keep viewing this steaming turd of a console as something unique - its not. The original Wii was more unique than the WiiU is
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby goggy » 05 Feb 2013, 12:53

Mariokart, Smash bros, 3d Mario.

Just 3 games listed there......that will sell millions of Wii u's!

Also.. new Lego City game, Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Rayman, Bayonetta, aswell as a new Zelda.

You know they're hard at work on a new Metroid game, I think we'll see a Pokemon game utilising
The built in NFC tech.

There is a Nintendo direct coming up announcing some third party titles,so I don't think that there is anything to worry about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby richomack360 » 05 Feb 2013, 12:59

goggy wrote:Mariokart, Smash bros, 3d Mario.

Just 3 games listed there......that will sell millions of Wii u's!

Also.. new Lego City game, Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Rayman, Bayonetta, aswell as a new Zelda.

You know they're hard at work on a new Metroid game, I think we'll see a Pokemon game utilising
The built in NFC tech.

Look at all those tasty new brands / IP's can't wait !
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Next