GTA V delay: Rockstar dismisses 'conspiracy theories'

Your comments on our articles.

Firm insists game's release was only pushed back to improve quality

Rockstar has rubbished unspecified "conspiracy theories" surrounding the recent Grand Theft Auto V delay.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby El Mag » 04 Feb 2013, 16:57

Bigfoot and the ghost of CJ's mum did it.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby CatfishMurphy » 04 Feb 2013, 16:59

Well I'm sure the quality could be improved a lot by PUTTING IT ON NEXT GEN CONSOLES! You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to catch me out, Rockstar.

Now you must excuse me while I make a fresh tinfoil hat for the day and start tweeting about Beyonce's triangular Illuminati hand signal last night...
CatfishMurphy 38

Re: GTA V delay: Rockstar dismisses 'conspiracy theories'

Postby Queen Skillage » 04 Feb 2013, 17:04

El Mag wrote:Bigfoot and the ghost of CJ's mum did it.

Whilst driving UFOs and ghost cars.

The old San Andreas myths were great, surely everybody spent a few hours searching for Bigfoot?
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby fatgangsta » 04 Feb 2013, 17:09

This was said last week when the news was dumped on us all and my opinion is it's left with a sour taste in my mouth because i would love insanely to play the game but then again i would rather them polish the game to make the game even better but i still reckon there will be the odd bug as always.

The other situation is with the 20th coming ps4 what ever the release date is for that the amount of time from the release of GTA 5 to the release of the console would you seriously buy a brand new Ps3 when ps4 could be coming a month or 3 later? so second hand Ps3 are going to be sold just to get your fix of GTA 5
fatgangsta 41

Postby shadyMrPatch » 04 Feb 2013, 17:19

CatfishMurphy wrote:Now you must excuse me while I make a fresh tinfoil hat for the day and start tweeting about Beyonce's triangular Illuminati hand signal last night...

Awesome. I love a good bit of conspiracy theory. I hadn't realised that Beyonce was so heavily involved with it all. Illuminati no less. Even named her kid for it.
PSN : <not telling>
shadyMrPatch 44

Postby TykerD3 » 04 Feb 2013, 17:22

I reckon they will release it on both this gen and Next gen. An improved version for next gen, with better draw distances and more characters on screen. Or put your Xbox 360 version in your new xbox and with the aid of a patch it will present you with an improved version (let's call this forward compatibility)
Xbox Live Tag: Knifey McStab
Blowing Goats since 1978
TykerD3 55

Xbox Live: SteampunkZomb1e

Postby ensabahnur » 04 Feb 2013, 17:33

Queen Skillage wrote:

The old San Andreas myths were great, surely everybody spent a few hours searching for Bigfoot?
Hey the ghost cars were real (though not ghosts, more like Christine), i had many of them just roll up behind me up in the Vinewood Hills and the Back O'Beyond, they'd stop moving as soon as they were on screen for more than a few seconds.

Honest injun!
Last edited by ensabahnur on 04 Feb 2013, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby richomack360 » 04 Feb 2013, 17:34

They are doing it to avoid clashing with the release of Shaq Fu 2 - El Mag told me so.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby CatfishMurphy » 04 Feb 2013, 17:35

shadyMrPatch wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:Now you must excuse me while I make a fresh tinfoil hat for the day and start tweeting about Beyonce's triangular Illuminati hand signal last night...

Awesome. I love a good bit of conspiracy theory. I hadn't realised that Beyonce was so heavily involved with it all. Illuminati no less. Even named her kid for it.

I didn't know her kid was called Bonkers s**t That Losers Make Up About Successful People (Especially Black Successful People) :wink:
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby Barry316 » 04 Feb 2013, 17:41

Queen Skillage wrote:

I remember going looking for Leatherface in the Panopticon area for ages. Obviously never found him but it kept me busy!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby CatfishMurphy » 04 Feb 2013, 17:47

Queen Skillage wrote:

Don't forget the lake monster in Red Dead Redemption an' all. I still sometimes look that for that f**ker and he didn't even have the decency to turn up in Undead Nightmare, though it's probably for the best because the Bigfoot mission in that made my eyes sweat great salty globules of regret.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby DiamondDogs » 04 Feb 2013, 18:08

I'd love to see this released for the Wii U, the console is great so far and a lot to look forward to. And hopefully the PC players get it also and maybe released along with the PS4 and Xbox720. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible and it would be great for everyone who any of the mentioned consoles/computer.
DiamondDogs 61

Postby sigourney beaver » 04 Feb 2013, 18:45

i hope it is being delayed so as they can release a next gen version
sigourney beaver 45

Postby fatgangsta » 04 Feb 2013, 19:16

sigourney beaver wrote:i hope it is being delayed so as they can release a next gen version
not really you know the price here in blighty and in Europe for a ps4 or a Xbox 720 will be insane compared to the Us and Japan and the games will be £50 for a top price game so better off out for this generation rather than the next it will be cheaper in the long run
fatgangsta 41

Postby Chris_Shanahan87 » 04 Feb 2013, 19:40

I still think the delay was for the MP. It was only just before Christmas they had that survey going that asked fans what they would like from the MP so they probably only just got started on it.
Chris_Shanahan87 47

Next