to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Skyrim PS3 DLC receives firm US release dates

Your comments on our articles.

Dragonborn, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire out this month

Bethesda has finally issued firm release dates for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's PlayStation 3 DLC expansions.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Skyrim PS3 DLC receives firm US release dates

Postby Agent75 » 01 Feb 2013, 16:53

Skyrim this, Skyrim that. Hordes off bug fixes and DLC. Complete Edition will surface with even more bug fixes and DLC. As with Oblivion, you have to have a lot of time on your hands to play it to the hilt. Both games bored me shitless.
Agent75 48

Re: Skyrim PS3 DLC receives firm US release dates

Postby Imaduck » 01 Feb 2013, 16:59

Agreed with all but the last sentence. Staggered DLC releases suck ass.
Imaduck 58

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 01 Feb 2013, 17:10

Agent75 wrote:Skyrim this, Skyrim that. Hordes off bug fixes and DLC. Complete Edition will surface with even more bug fixes and DLC. As with Oblivion, you have to have a lot of time on your hands to play it to the hilt. Both games bored me shitless.

Me too. As with Oblivion I got hooked on the potential and then after about 20 hours I just end up feeling like there's no point to it all. The narrative and "story" just ends up making it feel like an errand check list game. The world is vast and there are plenty of things to do but they don't hook me. That first 20 hours to me is like a trip to the zoo with you wandering around looking at all the pretty environments and new creatures but then it all ends up looking like the same lake, forest, settlement, cave, castle layout with dull and uninteresting characters. Oddly enough Fallout 3 for me felt more interesting and that's a wasteland! I just wish TES would go back to the mix of fantastical and alien that was Morrowind.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Karl ONeill » 01 Feb 2013, 17:54

Yeah you all sound like p**sed of PS3 users for sure, i know id be p**sed only just getting the DLC.

Lucky for me i sold my Ps3 last year, Skyrim is a top game that is pure fact. :D
Karl ONeill 33

PSN ID: Karl_37

Postby sbradley88 » 01 Feb 2013, 18:21

Whose betting that SCEE screw us over again.
sbradley88 58

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby totakeke » 01 Feb 2013, 18:23

Also for any PC users reading, Dragonborn has gone up on steam today, seems to have escaped the notice of CVG
totakeke 55

Xbox Live: Nanotramp
PSN ID: Nanotramp
Steam: sh3man278

Postby TheLastDodo » 01 Feb 2013, 18:55

sbradley88 wrote:Whose betting that SCEE screw us over again.

Can't blame em really on this one if they do, it's a Bethesda product, in a properly run industry most Bethesda products would never make it out of testing.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby CiannaMMMM » 02 Feb 2013, 17:19

While waiting has sucked IMMENSELY for the DLC, I'm happy it's finally being released. Personally I love the game and cannot get enough. Since I beat the main quest line accidentally so quickly I've enjoyed going about the other things to do in the game.To add on Dragonborn and Hearthfire I'm so very excited. My excitement for Dawnguard faded after I did the Companions quest line. I didn't enjoy being a werewolf, and I doubt I would like being a vampire. So that one I can live without. I hope in the future Bethesda remembers to be fair to all of the consumers and to maybe not drop a DLC if all the others can't join in. Probably one of the most frustrating things I've experienced with a game by having the console disregarded for the DLC. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo. Is it the 12 yet?
CiannaMMMM 1
New user

Postby sbisset » 04 Feb 2013, 12:21

Too late, no longer care. I loved skyrim but this is going to be too expensive simply by the fact they are charging anything for it now. At most it should be a £5 bundle to get all 3, its not my problem if they want to recoup their losses on time spent fixing their shoddy ports.
sbisset 21