GTA V delay: analyst thinks some form of next gen release po

Your comments on our articles.

'Closer proximity of GTA V to next cycle could impact lifetime sales'

Responding to today's Grand Theft Auto V delay, Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz has suggested that Rockstar may be planning to eventually release the game on the next generation of consoles in some form.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby badgerpog » 31 Jan 2013, 19:33

Same thing everybody's said, but nobody else gets paid for it...
badgerpog 61

PSN ID: badgerpog
Steam: badgerpog

Postby sulli456 » 31 Jan 2013, 19:36

What is the point in these analysts, do they actually have a purpose? They don't know anything, only Rockstar and take two know their plans.
sulli456 47

Re: GTA V delay: analyst thinks some form of next gen releas

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 31 Jan 2013, 20:08

I've yet to see solid proof of these so called next gen consoles coming out at that time, just analyst talk and rumour speculation. Then again with the way a lot of people suddenly went from "Pfft, we don't need them" to "We need next gen!" I wouldn't be surprised if these companies latch on to that hype and go along with it earlier than expected. If there was to be a version of GTA V coming out on them (which I also have yet to see any evidence of happening) around that time, I'd only expect it to be done the same way they did Smackdown vs Raw 2007, just a better looking version of it but not developed anywhere near enough to take advantage of the hardware it's on.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Padua » 31 Jan 2013, 20:34

Some form of next-gen release..? I thought that was the PC version :P
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby fatgangsta » 31 Jan 2013, 20:51

To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.

For those of you asking about the official box art, that will be coming out a bit later as well.

Thank you all for understanding.

That's from RockStar themselves and we have to take it at the moment with a pinch of salt now if around that release date the new Xbox came out i would smell a dirty great big rat called Microsoft and RockStar
fatgangsta 41

Postby barashin » 31 Jan 2013, 21:13

How can I get a job as an analyst? They seem to make a good living of guesses and assumptions.
barashin 4
New user

Postby Simon Carlin » 31 Jan 2013, 21:26

Sometimes they state the obvious, sometimes it's guess work but most of all it's analysing things...

The clue is in the name and once analysed, they have to present and advise.

The good ones make a lot of money, because they in turn make a lot of money for the company they analyse for.

As for this piece of news, poop... I was looking forward to 5 sooner rather than later.
Simon Carlin 25

Postby Simon Carlin » 31 Jan 2013, 21:31

The comments by people on the official website are disgusting.

Revolting, useless privileged little sods should all have been drowned at birth.

I wish I was joking.
Simon Carlin 25

Postby Onomatopoeia » 31 Jan 2013, 21:33

Anyone can be an analyst in games, you can say things that aren't even true and never will be, like the guy from Game Trailers.
Last edited by Onomatopoeia on 31 Jan 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby Onomatopoeia » 31 Jan 2013, 21:33

This analyst is full of crap the next GTA on a next gen console will be the next game. GTA5 will be on PS3, PC and 360 because everyone owns one.
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby Beebop10 » 31 Jan 2013, 21:59

Onomatopoeia wrote:This analyst is full of crap the next GTA on a next gen console will be the next game. GTA5 will be on PS3, PC and 360 because everyone owns one.

Why can't they do both? Two bites of the cherry.

GTA games, with their hugely varied terrain (textures) and long view distances are particularly well placed to use all that rumoured extra memory for next gen consoles.
Beebop10 41

Postby Onomatopoeia » 31 Jan 2013, 22:00

Beebop10 wrote:
Onomatopoeia wrote:This analyst is full of crap the next GTA on a next gen console will be the next game. GTA5 will be on PS3, PC and 360 because everyone owns one.

Why can't they do both? Two bites of the cherry.

GTA games, with their hugely varied terrain (textures) and long view distances are particularly well placed to use all that rumoured extra memory for next gen consoles.

Rockstar aren't like that though.
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby Two Pennys Worth » 31 Jan 2013, 22:19

Gutted, was hoping this game would see me through the summer lean spell and up until the release of the next gen. If they release a next gen version after the launch for this gen i will be buying it twice.
Two Pennys Worth 57

Postby Mini-Nev » 31 Jan 2013, 22:34

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:I've yet to see solid proof of these so called next gen consoles coming out at that time, just analyst talk and rumour speculation. Then again with the way a lot of people suddenly went from "Pfft, we don't need them" to "We need next gen!" I wouldn't be surprised if these companies latch on to that hype and go along with it earlier than expected. If there was to be a version of GTA V coming out on them (which I also have yet to see any evidence of happening) around that time, I'd only expect it to be done the same way they did Smackdown vs Raw 2007, just a better looking version of it but not developed anywhere near enough to take advantage of the hardware it's on.

Yeah I've wondered this too, why is everyone so sure we are getting new consoles this year. Sony and Microsoft haven't said a thing.
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby Solm » 31 Jan 2013, 23:59

IMO there won't be next gen consoles this year. Sony or MS haven't even announced them yet. In the past the release was always at least a year after they were announced. Christmas 2014 that's my prediction :D
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Next