Watch us having fun with the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta!

Your comments on our articles.

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Watch us having fun with the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta!

Postby EvilWaterman » 31 Jan 2013, 18:35

I've tried it now and really enjoyed it!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 54

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Re: Watch us having fun with the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta!

Postby karkify » 31 Jan 2013, 20:45

Looks pretty standard.
karkify 50

Postby Ali_ » 31 Jan 2013, 22:09

It plays like Crysis 2 DLC. Same issues with constant host migration, frame rate and hit detection as well. Roll on PS4/720, this is pushing the current consoles too hard.
Ali_ 58

Postby richomack360 » 31 Jan 2013, 22:49

CVG - would you rate the MP (albeit as a Beta) as better or worse than Halo 4 / CoD for example ?
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby kirankara » 31 Jan 2013, 23:54

Ali_ wrote:It plays like Crysis 2 DLC. Same issues with constant host migration, frame rate and hit detection as well. Roll on PS4/720, this is pushing the current consoles too hard.

Not sure how much that will fix tbh, on my i5 3570k amd gtx 590 (arguably the second most powerful card available currently, although is a dual GPU and initially until sli drivers are sorted by nvidia this can suck) and frame rate is still kinda all over place, even with latest nvidia drivers , and the worst of it seems over. It now seems to hover between 50-60fps with max settings and 2x msaa , but then randomly drops horrendously into 30's briefly, and sometimes on same maps maps with nothing major happening, it can run in 40's.
The lag stinks, with kill cams differing radically to the actual events (I had to shoot someone six times with shotgun from two yards before he died, whilst the kill cam showed him dying immediately).
Welcome to the world of Crytek programming and game support!
kirankara 57

Postby kirankara » 01 Feb 2013, 00:01

richomack360 wrote:CVG - would you rate the MP (albeit as a Beta) as better or worse than Halo 4 / CoD for example ?

Not played halo 4, but played reach, and even though I didn't really get into it, I couldn't help, but appreciate, how well it was made. It's a game that really requires you developing skills to get good, not just putting time in to get better weapons etc. There felt a real balance to classes.
This is currently unbalanced, kinda fun, but still nothing special to make it stand out. I'd say black ops 2 is better game, and this has more in common with cod than halo
kirankara 57

Postby Ali_ » 01 Feb 2013, 16:07

richomack360 wrote:CVG - would you rate the MP (albeit as a Beta) as better or worse than Halo 4 / CoD for example ?

Technically worse than CoD, but far more ambitious. More tactical, more interesting and plays more vertically as well. The ability to jump and climb makes it superb fun. If only the frame rate could keep up.

@kirankara: I'd be happy with 30fps!!! The PS3 version is dipping into the teens at times, and rapid side to side movement to sight enemies is pointless as everything becomes a vaseline smeared mess! I do love Crysis online, but I love it despite its technical issues.
Ali_ 58

Postby Noobsaibot » 01 Feb 2013, 19:30

Crysis 2 Single Player was decent, Multiplayer was good fun but only in classic mode with no armour/Invisibility nonsense. Nice and fast with the guns feeling like a blend of COD and BF3. Was good fun for a while. I'd imagine Crysis 3 will be broadly similar. I've yet to try the Hunter mode myself.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21