Aliens Colonial Marines: Tactical multiplayer trailer

Your comments on our articles.

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Aliens Colonial Marines: Tactical multiplayer trailer

Postby redcastle » 31 Jan 2013, 15:44

maybe im geting old but i just cannot see the point in pre-recorded swearing dialogue in multiplayer (let alone singleplayer). I would have liked to have seen actual gameplay not action-cam gameplay. i have pre-ordered this game regardless as i'm a huge fan of the films but multiplayer, like aliens vs predator, doesnt peak my interest.
redcastle 40

Re: Aliens Colonial Marines: Tactical multiplayer trailer

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 31 Jan 2013, 18:39

I'm hoping this video is from console versions as it looks terrible!

Love all the Alien films including Prometheus. Praying that this doesn't disappoint!
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)

Postby namtrooper » 31 Jan 2013, 21:42

I have to agree. the graphics seems extremely dated. Let's hope the gameplay makes up for it. Seriously.
Or maybe they should hand the franchise over to Dice. :P
namtrooper 8
New user

Postby Jensonjet » 31 Jan 2013, 23:46

I'm still unsure about this. I'm not keen on the idea of gimmicky Aliens; exploding head or ramming aliens in particular. One of the biggest issues with game versions of the Aliens is that they're never half as deadly as they should be. A team of marines shouldn't stand a chance against an equal number of aliens. I know it's a difficult balancing act between extremely deadly foe and making the game enjoyable – so I fear this will be the biggest shortcoming with Colonial Marines.

I haven't heard much about co-op campaign recently. Is this still going to happen? I really hope so. I see this mode as potentially being the best part of the game.

I'd love this to have been worth the wait, and turn out absolutely stunning. I'll keep an open mind, and will likely purchase this, but I want it to be more than just a decent single player game. Still, if all else fails, I'm sure this won't be the last Alien/s-based game. It's a cash-cow that will continually be milked and one day, a developer will produce the ultimate Alien game (fingers crossed this is it).
Jensonjet 47