Aliens: Colonial Marines: 4 DLC packs and season pass planne

Your comments on our articles.

Campaign add-on, new multiplayer maps and modes in the works

Sega plans to release four Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC packs by summer 2013, according to retail listings for an unannounced content season pass.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby illage2 » 31 Jan 2013, 13:27

:O Campaign Content .....

*Reaches for Wallet*
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby leprechaun75 » 31 Jan 2013, 13:30

hope it's nothing like the saints row 3 season pass, you only saved a couple of pence by not buying them individually and the majority of the dlc was rubbish and then was grouped together in packs and sold at a huge discount. better to wait and see what the feedback of the dlc is before shelling out
leprechaun75 41

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: 4 DLC packs and season pass pl

Postby TheLastDodo » 31 Jan 2013, 13:41

*sighs*

I wish they'd understand how off putting this is, now I know to wait until the "full" game is available post launch.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby silversun_111 » 31 Jan 2013, 13:43

leprechaun75 wrote:hope it's nothing like the saints row 3 season pass, you only saved a couple of pence by not buying them individually and the majority of the dlc was rubbish and then was grouped together in packs and sold at a huge discount. better to wait and see what the feedback of the dlc is before shelling out

Very true, like most game releases really. If you can avoid the temptation of release day you can take in all the reviews and wait a few months for the inevitable price drop. I did the same for Borderlands 2, I have picked up the game and the Season Pass for half the price they were on relase.

This is looking like a good game and one I am looking forward to playing in Co Op!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby Drusus » 31 Jan 2013, 13:52

f :o Can we see the game first please, maybe even allow some reviews.

Don't get burned by this game people, they've shown us nothing and now they're pumping out the desperation cash grabs. Wait two months and read about this game then make your decision. Publishers need to know these kind of tactics aren't ok.

Oh and by read about it I mean anything other than Gamesmaster's exclusive first review. :lol:
Drusus 59

Postby richomack360 » 31 Jan 2013, 14:10

Drusus wrote:f :o Can we see the game first please, maybe even allow some reviews.

Don't get burned by this game people, they've shown us nothing and now they're pumping out the desperation cash grabs. Wait two months and read about this game then make your decision. Publishers need to know these kind of tactics aren't ok.

Oh and by read about it I mean anything other than Gamesmaster's exclusive first review. :lol:

This.

Not sure why people would buy a season pass so close to the title's launch, you have no concept of how good the DLC will be or what it iwll be in some cases.

Fools and their money are easily parted.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby c97dem » 31 Jan 2013, 14:22

I have enjoyed all of Gearbox's games, and still go back and play BIA on the PC now and again.

GB also do decent DLC, so not worried about that.

Gearbox being one of my favourite developers and Aliens being one of my all time favourite film series, I feel this will be good value....

Got the collectors edition with power loader etc ordered for £60 (saving quite a bit on it ;) ), can't wait for Feb 12th now! Hope it just doesnt come at night, they mostly come at night!
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby MrPirtniw » 31 Jan 2013, 14:24

Agreed- other than the nostalgia love for the setting and how close it looks to the movies, they haven't shown anything but Doom 3 with an Aliens makeover. I really want to be excited for it as I love the Alien franchise... well... the first movies but with only snippets of footage (and not overly exciting footage) combined with all this season pass DLC boll0cks before we've even got our hands on the game gets my spider sense a-tingling. Love Borderlands, love Gearbox, love Aliens but something seems amiss.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby illage2 » 31 Jan 2013, 15:04

leprechaun75 wrote:hope it's nothing like the saints row 3 season pass, you only saved a couple of pence by not buying them individually and the majority of the dlc was rubbish and then was grouped together in packs and sold at a huge discount. better to wait and see what the feedback of the dlc is before shelling out

I agree the Saints Row 3 DLC was absolutly terrible. The mission packs were short, they didn't even unlock anything worth using.

The reason I'll shell out for this season pass is because Gearbox are one of my fave devs. The only time they have let me down was with Duke Nukem forever, but that was one failure out of many successes.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby TheMid » 31 Jan 2013, 16:23

Cancelled my pre-order for this... Just not excited; wanted to be, but not :( (Damn the CVG preview, it started well and then...!)

Agree with those leaving it a couple of months, checking reviews & picking it up a smidge cheaper. On the bright side I swapped the pre-order for Ni No Kuni so very much looking forward to playing my first old skool RPG for over 10years!
TheMid 38

Xbox Live: TheMiDxx
PSN ID: The-MiDxx

Postby DJPerkins » 31 Jan 2013, 18:31

When are we going to see a review.... it went gold a while back now, and yet no reviews.
I'm a little worried :?
As for the DLC if it expands the single player campaign then great, if its just more multiplayer maps and stuff then no.
DJPerkins 22

Postby MANYOO4EVA » 31 Jan 2013, 18:32

This is a p*** take.

This game was first announced in 2006. I have had it on pre-order for over 3 years, it has taken SEVEN years to complete and they are pushing a season pass on us?

We should be getting all the DLC for free for the amount of time they have f***** us around with this game, and they would habe inevitably sold more copies by doing it for the fans.

Definately gonna wait until it is the bargain bin before I buy it, which probably won't take that long as looking at other gaming sites, not many ppl are gonna buy it day 1 and I can see the servers being dead after a couple of months any way, and the disc space for the MP could've been put to better use on the campaign.

And suppose it'l be another 6 hour campaign as well.

Was really looking foward to this, as I a massive Aliens fan, but this is disgraceful and ludicrous.
MANYOO4EVA 40

Postby billysastard » 01 Feb 2013, 00:01

TheLastDodo wrote:*sighs*

I wish they'd understand how off putting this is, now I know to wait until the "full" game is available post launch.

agreed, i'll certainly wait to see if the wii u version is more complete if not then i think like you i'll wait and see if they release a complete editon on disc, if not then by the time it is due i'm sure the preowned price will be low enough.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 01 Feb 2013, 00:12

Got my copy pre-ordered, really looking forward to the game. If I enjoy the game and want some more, Ill buy the DLC. If not I wont. Certainly not gonna cry about it being there like some people.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby Brenton » 01 Feb 2013, 08:41

TheLastDodo wrote:*sighs*

Second that.

This implies that the campaign may be well below average in length if so much DLC is planned. They should delay a few months and launch the whole game... Not an uncompleted game.
Gaming is not only food for being content but a managing tool to manage and stem the tide of daily and work style stresses. Don't underestimate it...
Brenton 15

Xbox Live: Sparhawk70
Steam: Sparhawk122
Battle.net: SPARTALON