to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman HD Trilogy launch trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Compilation out this week, also features Hitman Sniper Challenge

Square Enix has released the launch trailer for Hitman HD Trilogy.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman HD Trilogy launch trailer

Postby The Bossman » 28 Jan 2013, 14:52

I thought I'd pre-ordered this but when I had a look round I was an idiot and hasn't. It's only £20 on Amazon, it's a good price for 3 HD games and trophies, but I just want to play them again regardless of what they've added.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Re: Hitman HD Trilogy launch trailer

Postby ensabahnur » 28 Jan 2013, 15:16

Might get this for PS3 just for the chance to play Blood Money again without having to go and change my picture settings on the 360 first.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible? I don't think i've ever actually saw any Hz options on the PS3?
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby gmcb007 » 28 Jan 2013, 15:36

ensabahnur wrote:Might get this for PS3 just for the chance to play Blood Money again without having to go and change my picture settings on the 360 first.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible? I don't think i've ever actually saw any Hz options on the PS3?

I'd say they've fixed the Hz problem with this collection.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 28 Jan 2013, 15:41

I need to use the bathroom.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby phate666 » 28 Jan 2013, 16:33

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:I need to use the bathroom.

From now on, THERE IS NO BATHROOM!
"You gonna eat that stapler?"

"Wanna split it?"
phate666 50

Xbox Live: PillowyBarbecue
PSN ID: phate666

Postby Barry316 » 28 Jan 2013, 16:36

ensabahnur wrote:Might get this for PS3 just for the chance to play Blood Money again without having to go and change my picture settings on the 360 first.

The only picture settings i've seen on the PS3 are which hd signal it outputs in.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby The Bossman » 28 Jan 2013, 16:50

It's a HD collection so you won't need to change anything, the only options on PS3 are HDMI, Component, Composite/S-Video and AV Multi, and from there you can choose 480p, 720p, 1080i etc to the setting you want.
The Bossman 44

Postby ensabahnur » 28 Jan 2013, 17:44

The Bossman wrote:

It's a HD collection so you won't need to change anything, the only options on PS3 are HDMI, Component, Composite/S-Video and AV Multi, and from there you can choose 480p, 720p, 1080i etc to the setting you want.
Yeah but the 360 was HD and it still asked you to change the Hz settings before allowing the game to boot up, and this usually involved setting it back to SD by flicking the switch on the AV out, changing the value in the settings and then resetting it back to HD. With the HDMI models this was made even more frustrating due to the lack of the switch on the AV out.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 28 Jan 2013, 18:02

ensabahnur wrote:Yeah but the 360 was HD and it still asked you to change the Hz settings before allowing the game to boot up, and this usually involved setting it back to SD by flicking the switch on the AV out, changing the value in the settings and then resetting it back to HD. With the HDMI models this was made even more frustrating due to the lack of the switch on the AV out.

They would have had to design the game to use trophies so I imagine that 60hz problem would have been sorted for that one but the 360 version of Blood Money was like you said HD and available already on 360. I have actually heard the 360 version of this pack is on two discs the second of which is just the original 360 version of the game they sold when it originally came out.. so that Hz problem could very well still be there seeing as they don't really need to do any work on it for achievements. I'd definitely like this question answered properly too.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

Postby Solm » 28 Jan 2013, 22:23

I thought the Xbox 360 version was a direct port of the ps2 version. I could be wrong :D
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 53

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby Onomatopoeia » 28 Jan 2013, 22:48

HD COLLECTION!

Where's the first game?
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby gmcb007 » 28 Jan 2013, 23:45

Onomatopoeia wrote:HD COLLECTION!

Where's the first game?

Hitman Contracts was more or less a remake of the first game.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby The Bossman » 01 Feb 2013, 14:28

ensabahnur wrote:Yeah but the 360 was HD and it still asked you to change the Hz settings before allowing the game to boot up, and this usually involved setting it back to SD by flicking the switch on the AV out, changing the value in the settings and then resetting it back to HD. With the HDMI models this was made even more frustrating due to the lack of the switch on the AV out.

Like Fenix says, it might be the same game, I won't have that problem on PS3 though.
The Bossman 44

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 01 Feb 2013, 15:08

Consider the 50hz problem still there. It looks to essentially be the exact same disc. I've a couple friends who've bought it on 360 and they say you need a component cable to get it working and even reviews of the HD Trilogy have mentioned it. If they upscaled the PS2 versions for PS3, they could have at least sorted that problem out for the Xbox 360.
Hatspank

TheCrimsonFenix 70

Postby The Bossman » 13 Feb 2013, 14:42

It works fine on PS3, no switching of anything required, surprised 360 got shafted this time but really IDC lol.
The Bossman 44