to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Killzone: Mercenary art shown on magazine cover

Your comments on our articles.

Fresh details on Vita shooter expected this week

Sony has promised it will be providing new details on Killzone: Mercenary later this week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Killzone: Mercenary art shown on magazine cover

Postby EvilWaterman » 28 Jan 2013, 11:38

If the controls are anything like all the other shooters on the vita then i'm out!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 51

Re: New Killzone: Mercenary art shown on magazine cover

Postby silversun_111 » 28 Jan 2013, 12:19

EvilWaterman wrote:If the controls are anything like all the other shooters on the vita then i'm out!

It mostly comes down to the design of the vita for me, mainly the tiny dualsticks and their position. I don't know if it's my JCB hands, because they are rather big, but I found Uncharted GA a struggle and aiming wasn't great. I used one of those grips which made things alot easier, but It's not perfect though, I must add! I'm sure a dedicated shooter studio like Guerilla will have better results and I will still be using the grip!

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby sammikid » 28 Jan 2013, 14:16

silversun_111 wrote:It mostly comes down to the design of the vita for me, mainly the tiny dualsticks and their position. I don't know if it's my JCB hands, because they are rather big, but I found Uncharted GA a struggle and aiming wasn't great. I used one of those grips which made things alot easier, but It's not perfect though, I must add! I'm sure a dedicated shooter studio like Guerilla will have better results and I will still be using the grip!

I found aiming really easy, especially if you were using the giro for pin-point accuracy, which worked surprisingly well I thought. You have to take into consideration its a handheld, and the only one I believe to have dual-analogs included.
For the size and compactness of the handheld, the analog-sticks work really well.
sammikid 58

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby Deders » 28 Jan 2013, 15:09

Killzone:Liberation on PSP was so good! Why does it have to be another Fps. O
Deders 43

Xbox Live: Owenus Prime
PSN ID: godbot_286
Steam: godbot_286

Postby TheBusterMan » 28 Jan 2013, 18:43

Deders wrote:Killzone:Liberation on PSP was so good! Why does it have to be another Fps. O
-Agreed.Third person shooters seem to work better on hand helds.KZ:Liberation was really good.Quite tough though.
TheBusterMan 46