Dead Space 3 co-op gameplay movie

Your comments on our articles.

17 minutes of action from the new drop-in / drop-out mode

Dead Space 3 is the first game in the series to feature co-op gameplay and we've captured some footage of it in action which you can see in the movie below.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dead Space 3 co-op gameplay movie

Postby silversun_111 » 25 Jan 2013, 12:07

I know it's a change for the Dead Space norm, but Ive found a great love for Co Op titles this past couple of years with Borderlands, Portal 2 and a few more, so I am really looking forward to giving this a whirl and Aliens Colonial Marines a week or so later. :)
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op gameplay movie

Postby delmariachi » 25 Jan 2013, 13:07

Played through the demo and I have to say, i'm looking forward to this..

Presentation is wonderful, great musical score and gameplay has been tweaked to be just right. Co-Op can only deepen the experience..
delmariachi 48

Xbox Live: delmariachi
Steam: delmariachi

Postby gmcb007 » 25 Jan 2013, 13:10

I thought the demo might get me excited but it had quite the opposite effect. Did not like the part where you face human enemies one bit, it feels really out of place and doesn't really spice things up.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 25 Jan 2013, 15:38

There are a number of things that really irritate me about the inclusion of co-op into Dead Space 3, as I consider it totally unnecessary, and it further moves the franchise way from its origins and so further into the realms of an action game, but the fact that the developers have linked achievements to playing in co-op and also included additional gameplay elements that can only be seen and played in co-op is a cynical move. I come to this conclusion because they know that most people, who would otherwise have totally ignored the inclusion of co-op, will now play the co-op mode in order to experience the full game and thus earn the achievements linked to it. Some will say that you don’t have to play it if you don’t want, but not playing the co-op is akin to sitting down to watch your favourite film only to have some major scenes removed. If you want to experience the full game, you have to play it in co-op. It’s a crafty move on the part of the developers because with so many people forced into playing the co-op, they can then proclaim it a success, and so you can guarantee that it will be included in future games, and don’t be surprised if it’s not drop in / drop out, next time, because that is difficult (read expensive!) to produce.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby JOHNKARA » 25 Jan 2013, 18:38

AllusiveTurtle wrote:There are a number of things that really irritate me about the inclusion of co-op into Dead Space 3, as I consider it totally unnecessary, and it further moves the franchise way from its origins and so further into the realms of an action game, but the fact that the developers have linked achievements to playing in co-op and also included additional gameplay elements that can only be seen and played in co-op is a cynical move. I come to this conclusion because they know that most people, who would otherwise have totally ignored the inclusion of co-op, will now play the co-op mode in order to experience the full game and thus earn the achievements linked to it. Some will say that you don’t have to play it if you don’t want, but not playing the co-op is akin to sitting down to watch your favourite film only to have some major scenes removed. If you want to experience the full game, you have to play it in co-op. It’s a crafty move on the part of the developers because with so many people forced into playing the co-op, they can then proclaim it a success, and so you can guarantee that it will be included in future games, and don’t be surprised if it’s not drop in / drop out, next time, because that is difficult (read expensive!) to produce.

What AllusiveTurtle said, by a factor of 10. Dead Space 3 is a no-buy for me.
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Postby Brenton » 27 Jan 2013, 14:24

AllusiveTurtle wrote:There are a number of things that really irritate me about the inclusion of co-op into Dead Space 3, as I consider it totally unnecessary, and it further moves the franchise way from its origins and so further into the realms of an action game, but the fact that the developers have linked achievements to playing in co-op and also included additional gameplay elements that can only be seen and played in co-op is a cynical move. I come to this conclusion because they know that most people, who would otherwise have totally ignored the inclusion of co-op, will now play the co-op mode in order to experience the full game and thus earn the achievements linked to it. Some will say that you don’t have to play it if you don’t want, but not playing the co-op is akin to sitting down to watch your favourite film only to have some major scenes removed. If you want to experience the full game, you have to play it in co-op. It’s a crafty move on the part of the developers because with so many people forced into playing the co-op, they can then proclaim it a success, and so you can guarantee that it will be included in future games, and don’t be surprised if it’s not drop in / drop out, next time, because that is difficult (read expensive!) to produce.

Second above statement. You're forced to play by way of co-op and in doing so some of the horror won't be there. Not only that but within my job, my friends don't play the same games I play and thus it's quite hard to find a co-op partner who would play with myself at a specific time. Definitely due to the fact most of them are married and busy. What I'm implying is that even if people wanted to play co-op they don't always have someone to play co-op with, that they know and trust to take the game just as seriously as they would. So I'm going to probably play the game by myself but in doing so miss out on scenes and situations that makes playing the game and having fun all the more forceful. Because you know you're missing out on a lot of the game. Like as said, a movie with 15 minutes out of a 110 minute long movie cut out...

Hopefully Doom 4 comes out soon, I'll hope that it stays more true to the horror genre and doesn't get converted to way of co-op action unlike DS3.
Gaming is not only food for being content but a managing tool to manage and stem the tide of daily and work style stresses. Don't underestimate it...
Brenton 15

Xbox Live: Sparhawk70
Steam: Sparhawk122
Battle.net: SPARTALON